Should I buy a WiiU today or wait?

#11Rasputin77Posted 4/3/2013 12:57:41 PM
Apparently, I thought making more money meant that I'm supposed to run out and blow big chunks of it on impulse purchases that don't pay off right away.

Unless that sounds like fun to you, TC... don't do it. ;)
---
576527726520616C6C2067616D6572732E
#12K-R-A-N-G-Posted 4/3/2013 1:06:26 PM
kreegan64 posted...
I hear MH games offer potentially hundreds of hours of game play, so it could hold you out for while if nothing else immediately catches your eye.

4/04
Toki Tori 2

4/16
Injustice: Gods Among Us

4/24
Pokemon Scramble U (JP only)

5/21
LEGO Batman 2
Resident Evil: Revelations

5/24
Sniper Elite V2

6/21
Ashes Cricket 2013 (EU only)

6/27
F1 Race Stars: Powered Up Edition (JP only)

7/16
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad

These are coming within the next 3 months, if none catch your eye, then I'd wait. Don't know which region you're in, so I put all of them (unspecified ones are for all regions)

I want to cry
#13Faris69Hilton(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 6:47:28 PM
All of those releases are multiplatform. I really don't see the point in spending that much money on just one console that WILL drop in price.
---
I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse.
Offers made: 7 Offers refused: 1
#14NeoMonkPosted 4/4/2013 6:55:40 PM
I picked up my Wii u mostly for MH3 but picked up AC3.... real bad investment as the online multiplayer is dead.... (unlike the ps3 where it's active & fun) so if you only plan to play MH3 until something else comes along... go for it! I know i did but it's a slight disappointment to see the communities aren't all that alive in other games... specially online.
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at WiiUdoesntcureCANCERsoitFAILS.com
#15BoomerTheGreatPosted 4/4/2013 7:16:55 PM
I guess bayonetta 2 isent your thing and W101 both last I checked was coming in May. Pandoras Tower in 12 days. RE:Revelations I think May. And whatever else is floating around. Im getting Injustice for Wii U as well as the first 3 games I said.
---
Greatness comes from within
#16BoomerTheGreatPosted 4/4/2013 7:19:00 PM
Plus its Backwards Compatible and I missed out on most Wii games so I have 8 games now plus the games I want. I also need to try MH3U
---
Greatness comes from within
#17bluesplus1Posted 4/4/2013 7:35:57 PM
As far as non-multiplatform titles goes, we already know a new Mario Kart is coming out later this year, Pikmin 3 sometime soon, Wonderful 101 in May, a new Mario and Smash Bros. are in development and will in some form be present at e3, the Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem crossover some time in the future, Retro's latest project, the next Yoshi game (which may or may not appear at e3), the next Zelda game, Bayonetta 2, Monolith Soft's X, etc.

There's also Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (a port, yes, but if you didn't play the original, then now's your chance with better boss battles and other improvements) and Watch Dogs to look forward to.

If none of the above appeal to you (of course most of them, we know little to nothing of, so it's IMO too have an educated opinion on them), then I'd wait until e3 for Nintendo to release more dates on upcoming titles.

Either way, there are games coming, however, it all depends on your tastes whether buying one would be a good idea.
---
XBL name - bluesplus1