Is the game industry crashing?

#1darkqueenhelbaPosted 4/3/2013 7:29:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxXEidtxHk - Results (694 votes)
Yes
40.92% (284 votes)
No
59.08% (410 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxXEidtxHk
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#2emagdnEPosted 4/3/2013 7:32:00 PM
not yet
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#3BlackSaborPosted 4/3/2013 7:32:38 PM
If things don't change at all, yes.

There's hope for it to pick back up and save itself before it crashes. Which hopefully it would, because this crash would be a LOT different. There would be a lot less to save it this time, especially since I think Nintendo and the original Wii contributed to the ongoing crash.
#4Dustof_DryBonesPosted 4/3/2013 7:33:45 PM
Microsoft and third-party developers might be in trouble, but I'm fairly certain Sony and Nintendo will be just fine this gen.
---
Ahoy, matey!
#5DiscostewSMPosted 4/3/2013 7:36:07 PM
Dustof_DryBones posted...
Microsoft and third-party developers might be in trouble, but I'm fairly certain Sony and Nintendo will be just fine this gen.

I dunno about Sony, considering their financial state right now. I kinda think Microsoft might make it through over Sony. Nintendo will simply exist like it has since 1889.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6BlackSaborPosted 4/3/2013 7:36:16 PM

I think it's the opposite. If anyone should be sweating it's Nintendo and Sony. Microsoft is rich off of a lot of other things. Sony USED to be in a lot of other business, but not so much anymore. And while the 3DS is picking up, the Wii U is already looking bleh if they don't do the same thing as they did with the 3DS and start working on great games NOW to save the system in a year and a half or so.

Microsoft would probably just shrug it's shoulders, call it a good run and roll in the money from the PC market.
#7SegavsCapcomPosted 4/3/2013 7:36:22 PM

Nintendo would probably be safe, but not Sony. What, did their billions worth of debt just vanish?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#8DonomegaPosted 4/3/2013 7:37:51 PM
Nah, even if it did, remember who brought it out of the mid 80s crash...it wasn't Sony or Microsoft :P
---
XBL: RobDaCool | NNID: RobDaCool | 3DS: 0903-4184-6816
#9XoarWinsPosted 4/3/2013 7:38:36 PM
Sony will disappear, Nintendo and Microsoft will remain.
The future is not so bad after all....

and there's still Apple, Google and Blackberry.
---
If your Mom stopped coming by my house and actually WORKED, you might have something. Boy.
#10MegaWinFTWPosted 4/3/2013 7:39:44 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...

Nintendo would probably be safe, but not Sony. What, did their billions worth of debt just vanish?

Did their billions worth of assets and reserves just vanish too? I don't know why people like to act as though Sony are circling the drain, they're nowhere near bankruptcy. They've been struggling, sure, but not to a degree that put them in any serious trouble. Ever since Kaz Hirai took over they've been turning things around drastically too, set to make a profit next fiscal year.