I'm white, but I will admit, the Japanese always "get" video games

#1Sharky8Posted 4/3/2013 8:50:15 PM(edited)
Yes, it is most important that a system like the Wii U succeed worldwide, but especially in the West where the market is the largest.

There's no question that Nintendo is making games to appeal to the American market. Mario=Italian. Link=blonde hair blue eyes. These are not Japanese characters. They are Western characters that resemble Americans. That's Nintendo's goal and it always has been, with most of their humanoid characters: to resemble white people.

Now, having said ALL of that, the truth is that the Japanese market is still what matters most. The Japanese always have and always will make the best video games. I could type out a list for you, but we all know: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Starfox, Pikmin, etc.

Sure, there are those exceptions of excellent games made by white people (Goldeneye 64, the Donkey Kong games, etc.) but the vast majority of the best games are made by the Japanese.

With all of this in mind, let us please hope the Wii U does well. The Japanese make better games. I'm white, but I like Japanese games. That's why I want the Wii U to succeed: so there will be more great games in the future.
#2TheBonfiniPosted 4/3/2013 8:48:34 PM
lol wow.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#3ShadowSkill11Posted 4/3/2013 8:52:49 PM
Still racist.

Why not go on and on about other stereotypes like Asians being good at math or Black people always being good at basketball?
#4OzzieArcanePosted 4/3/2013 8:53:13 PM
If you think Link having blond hair means anything you've never watched an anime.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#5FlyinTonitePosted 4/3/2013 8:54:26 PM
As soon as you make any statement in the vein of "I'm not trying to be racist" everything that follows makes you seem like a bigot. Just saying.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#6lordofthenlpplePosted 4/3/2013 9:08:46 PM(edited)
Nintendo Wii games which have sold or shipped at least one million copies
Title Total copies sold Sales breakdown Release date Genre Developer Publisher
Wii Sports 81.64 million[2][b] N/A Nintendo EAD (Group 2) Nintendo
Mario Kart Wii 34.01 million[2][a][b] N/A Nintendo EAD (Group 1) Nintendo
Wii Sports Resort 31.54 million[2][a][b] N/A Nintendo EAD (Group 2) Nintendo
Wii Play 28.02 million[3][4][a] N/A Nintendo EAD (Group 2) Nintendo
New Super Mario Bros. Wii 27.61 million[2][b] N/A Nintendo EAD (Group 4) Nintendo
Wii Fit 22.67 million[3][a] N/A Nintendo EAD (Group 5) Nintendo
Wii Fit Plus 20.48 million[5] N/A Nintendo EAD (Group 5) Nintendo
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 10.79 million[3] N/A Ad hoc development team Nintendo
Super Mario Galaxy 10.68 million[5] N/A Nintendo EAD (Group 1) Nintendo
Wii Party 7.94 million[5] N/A Nd Cube, Nintendo SPD (Group 4) Nintendo

Their top ten selling games are Wii sports which has no specific appearance, and Mario related games. Zelda isnt even top ten. Mario, a small fat pudgy guy was the highest selling video game of all time. Hes an underdog character.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/gotenks992/Mario/6a00d83452033569e2011570578af5970b-.png

---
Waiting to buy a PS4 and a Geforce 670
#7ShadowSkill11Posted 4/3/2013 9:00:20 PM
Yeah and McDonalds sells a crap ton of cheeseburgers. There's no accounting for taste.
#81918mePosted 4/3/2013 9:06:32 PM
OzzieArcane posted...
If you think Link having blond hair means anything you've never watched an anime.

Lol seriously.

Also, I hate it when people try and claim that Japanese media (games, anime, whatever) is superior to Western stuff, and vice-versa. There is a tremendous amount of quality to be found on both sides of the world.
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out like most people do.
"I've seen this sig several different times." ~Maj_Massacre
#9BuretsuPosted 4/3/2013 9:09:31 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Yeah and McDonalds sells a crap ton of cheeseburgers. There's no accounting for taste.

Nintendo sells badly? Nintendoomed.
Nintendo sells well? Oh yeah, so does McDonalds.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#10TheBonfiniPosted 4/3/2013 9:09:43 PM
1918me posted...
OzzieArcane posted...

Lol seriously.

Also, I hate it when people try and claim that Japanese media (games, anime, whatever) is superior to Western stuff, and vice-versa. There is a tremendous amount of quality to be found on both sides of the world.

Nintendo is Japanese. Japanese are better in every way. I don't know why they forfeited the wars. America of Nintendo is probably the only worthwhile developer from the West.

Mario is clearly superior. Look at sales of pizza in America.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg