*sheepish* im absolutely ignorant

#1Hiei_the_SternPosted 4/4/2013 12:34:37 AM
So WiiU is a whole new console? It's not an addon? It's not just a hand held screen? Then why is this guy at the game store recommending me Wii over WiiU :3 thank god I came back to do my research. This is just like last time when I was young and tricked into buying dreamcast -_-
---
FFXIV! I have returned!
Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru
#2TransdudePosted 4/4/2013 12:37:49 AM
Hiei_the_Stern posted...
So WiiU is a whole new console? It's not an addon? It's not just a hand held screen? Then why is this guy at the game store recommending me Wii over WiiU :3 thank god I came back to do my research. This is just like last time when I was young and tricked into buying dreamcast -_-

Reminds me of a story told a while back about how a Best Buy employee got a women to chose a DSi over a 3DS.

On your story, they're trying to get rid of the Wiis that they have in stock.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747 | Nintendo Network ID: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#3Hiei_the_Stern(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 12:57:45 AM
How insidious >:3 in retaliation, I shall buy a 3DS instead, I heard its a better investment for the moment.

What my friends have been telling me is that the WiiU is in a Psvita phase atm, porting older games but either as special edition, or some other additional stuffs.
---
FFXIV! I have returned!
#4TransdudePosted 4/4/2013 1:48:00 AM
In response to your previous post:

Yes, the Wii U is a whole new console. No, the console is based around the use of the gamepad, but you can control the console with a Wiimote or any other Wii/U controller.

As for the games, there are ports that are have been updated for the use of the gamepad (NFS Most Wanted, Monster Hunter 3, Black Ops II), but there are also some games created exclusively for the console (ZombiU, Lego City) with many still in development (Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, X).

If you're really cautious about buying a Wii U, take a look at the games available (both now and in the future), drop by a Best Buy store and try the demo, and/or take a look at what is presented at E3 and then decide what you want to do. Study what you're buying.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747 | Nintendo Network ID: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#5SocranPosted 4/4/2013 3:00:20 AM(edited)
Hiei_the_Stern posted...
What my friends have been telling me is that the WiiU is in a Psvita phase atm, porting older games but either as special edition, or some other additional stuffs.

Are any "great" Vita games planned for the near future, though? I haven't been following it, but I haven't heard of anything that people are excitedly waiting for except perhaps Soul Sacrifice. The Wii U actually has some great-looking games on the horizon, such as The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 (both of which are supposedly coming very soon), a new Mario and Mario Kart, "X", and Bayonetta 2. On the somewhat farther horizon we know there will be a Zelda (which is heavily implied to be multiplayer and more open-ended) and Smash Bros. There's also Yarn Yoshi and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, but we don't know much about them at all, including whether they're worth getting excited over.

What I'm basically saying is, the current lineup may bear similarities to Vita (let's say Lego City is its Gravity Rush, Monter Hunter 3 Ultimate is its Persona 4 Golden, and New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land are... I don't know), but it has a much more concrete future.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6Hiei_the_Stern(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 3:04:41 AM
Zomg I'm sorry but I shall wait till e3. I heard some rumor that bravely default may be localized. If so I shall get a 3ds definitely.
---
FFXIV! I have returned!
#7stekim40Posted 4/4/2013 3:05:58 AM
Obvious troll.
---
Xyzzy!
#8Hiei_the_Stern(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 3:08:53 AM
Whats wrong? If I did buy a 3ds, it goes to Nintendo as well anyway.
---
FFXIV! I have returned!
#9Jason_HudsonPosted 4/4/2013 3:12:44 AM
Should report that employee to his manager. I know I would. The Wii U can play Wii games, so he's basically getting you to buy an out of date console when its successor can do all that and more.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#10Hiei_the_Stern(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 3:15:18 AM
Jason_Hudson posted...
Should report that employee to his manager. I know I would. The Wii U can play Wii games, so he's basically getting you to buy an out of date console when its successor can do all that and more.

Eh, I'm not going back to that store anymore I think.
---
FFXIV! I have returned!