TOKI TORI 2 out today

#1MD1500Posted 4/4/2013 1:36:16 AM
Who's getting it?!
#2Jason_HudsonPosted 4/4/2013 2:16:14 AM
The only redeeming thing about that game is that you can create your own levels by actually designing it on the gamepad (according to the trailer). It's no Super Mario Land.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#3Dstylez2Posted 4/4/2013 2:22:37 AM
System Seller!
---
Pokemon SS friend code: 3868 0319 8173
#4PulpPosted 4/4/2013 2:31:06 AM
What the hell is a toki tori?
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/4/2013 2:40:58 AM
Goku Tori translates to "Time Bird". This game, from the review I read and posted yesterday, sounds like an awesome puzzle/metroidvania so I'm thinking about getting it.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Mirror of Fate, Monster Hunter 3U
#6Xenesis XenonPosted 4/4/2013 2:54:41 AM
I loved the original to bits, so I'm nabbing this the second it hits the eShop.

Jason_Hudson posted...
The only redeeming thing about that game is that you can create your own levels by actually designing it on the gamepad (according to the trailer). It's no Super Mario Land.

That implies that TT2 is trying to be a platformer instead of what it is - a puzzle game.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#7STN79Posted 4/4/2013 3:40:43 AM(edited)
@ Pulp

Toki Tori began as a Puzzle platformer on Gameboy color starring a cute little yellow bird. The object was to collect a certain number of eggs in each stage. You had a limited number of special items and abilities to help you collect all the eggs. In 2008 it was remade for Wiiware with some additional levels and a new updated look. Toki Tori 2 is the sequel to that game only i think it's closer to Metroid in style this time.
#8TrueBlue91Posted 4/4/2013 3:48:51 AM
What does 'Toki' even mean? I know Tori is obviously 'bird', but what's Toki?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#9SocranPosted 4/4/2013 3:50:24 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Goku Tori translates to "Time Bird".

You mean "Toki Tori"? Since I know "toki" means "time", I assume that "Goku" just came out of nowhere.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#10Xenesis XenonPosted 4/4/2013 4:18:56 AM
Socran posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Goku Tori translates to "Time Bird".

You mean "Toki Tori"? Since I know "toki" means "time", I assume that "Goku" just came out of nowhere.

One would guess that there were some autocorrect shenanigans at work.

And yes "Toki" means time and "Tori" means bird.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.