The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Anyone else think there should be MORE connectivity between 3DS and Wii U?

#1AwesomeOSaucePosted 4/4/2013 1:57:55 AM
I have some ideas that I think would be cool.

Like allowing you to use the 3DS as a 2nd controller in more wii u games like even for VC games.

Allowing you to put your 3ds in sleep mode and then have your Wii U connect to it and walk your mii around Miiverse Wara Wara Plaza and actually Streetpass people online! Which will help people like me that live in the middle of nowhere to get puzzle pieces and actually streetpass people for games we have!

Allowing the Wii U to have an adhoc party app like the ps3 where instead of playing non online psp games local multiplayer online we could play multiplayer 3ds games with no online incorporated with other people this way. So if you want to play New Super Mario Bros 2 multiplayer but have no friends in real life with it and the game has no online well you can link your 3ds to your wii u and play against others that own the same game.

Save and game backup. Allowing us to download 3ds games from the Wii U eshop and then transfer it VIA 3DS SD card back on to our 3ds and even backup 3DS saves on the Wii U.

What are your thoughts on this?
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#2stekim40Posted 4/4/2013 2:05:08 AM
No

Not all Wii U owners have a 3ds, personally I never buy handheld systems.
---
Xyzzy!
#3gfaqsterPosted 4/4/2013 2:10:35 AM
This would be great if Nintendo did this.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#4FoppePosted 4/4/2013 2:22:44 AM
stekim40 posted...
No

Not all Wii U owners have a 3ds, personally I never buy handheld systems.

I don't own any 3DS and I see nothing wrong with more connectivity.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5Skill4ReelPosted 4/4/2013 2:23:05 AM
I'd be willing to bet that the 3DS has a big part to play in the future of the Wii U. There is probably a board room at Nintendo headquarters with notes written all over the walls about how they are planning to make this happen.

I like a lot of your ideas, and I'm also a big fan of the local co-op play for WiiU/3DS versions of MH3U. Which was one of the main reasons that I finally purchased a 3DSXL a few months ago. After selling my PSP and original DS years ago and then claiming to be done with handhelds.
#6DBPanterAPosted 4/4/2013 3:23:08 AM
Nintendo views them as two separate consoles.

I think it would be cool to see the two devices have some cross functionality, but the reality is a very small number of people own a Wii U, and then less people who own a Wii U own a 3DS (I am the exception to the rule). I was happy I could sent Miis from the Wii to the 3DS, grab some more 3DS ones, and then send them to the Wii U. To me, that is about all Nintendo will actively do in the near future.

My issue with the 3DS is that it is clearly targeted toward the Japanese consumer. Street Pass and trying to get puzzle pieces is beyond insane in most American cities. Yes, there are reports of kids at colleges getting street passes, I carry that thing everywhere around a city of 2.5 million people and rarely get a hit. They could improve this for the North American consumer by having all the people you play on-line function the same way as walking around Tokyo.

I do not expect any cross-over in regards to games or even joined accounts.

It would be nice, however, is when they start producing games that can use 2 gamepads that the 3DS can be the 2nd gamepad. That is really my only hope.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#7Petey_MeanisPosted 4/4/2013 3:28:42 AM
I do not expect any cross-over in regards to games

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate features cross-play with 3DS.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage. NNID : Meaty_Petey
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#8HellsingOrgPosted 4/4/2013 9:40:27 AM
Petey_Meanis posted...

yeah this
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#9Mattatron42Posted 4/4/2013 10:47:45 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Petey_Meanis posted...

yeah this

plus you can play the 3ds version online through the wiiu, essentially playing 3ds to 3ds through the wiiu.not sure if this is available yet though.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#10DBPanterAPosted 4/4/2013 11:06:45 AM
Mattatron42 posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
Petey_Meanis posted...

yeah this

plus you can play the 3ds version online through the wiiu, essentially playing 3ds to 3ds through the wiiu.not sure if this is available yet though.

Expecting is not the same as it actually happening. Monster Hunter most definitely does this. However, expecting a consumer to first own both consoles then buy essentially the same game across two consoles is asking a little too much.

Sony has not had success with the PS3 Vita combo.

When you do the cross-play and combining two consoles to enjoy a game, you are really limiting your customer base from a business prospective.

If Nintendo did this with a future Mario game, people would lose their minds.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036