Metroid Other M: Poor Reception and Sales Due to Having Female Lead Character

#41Hawke0Posted 4/5/2013 10:35:37 AM
abbyhitter posted...
Other M succeeded with me because I love it a lot more than the Prime trilogy. I hate 1st person shooters. Other M's gameplay, story, voice acting, and cinematic cutscenes truly won me over. I was very impressed with Other M. I absolutely loathed the Prime trilogy.

You are the single most easily impressed person on the face of the Earth.
---
"Saying Metroid Other M is better than the Prime Trilogy because you hate shooters is like saying Aliens:CM is better than FF7 because you hate RPGs.
#42Hawke0Posted 4/5/2013 10:55:09 AM
Gamenamebully posted...
Am I the only one disturbed at how people are taking a P4 article seriously?

No.
---
"Saying Metroid Other M is better than the Prime Trilogy because you hate shooters is like saying Aliens:CM is better than FF7 because you hate RPGs.
#43somomomPosted 4/5/2013 11:10:14 AM
Zakuroo posted...
Actually, you guys would be surprised how challenging it is to get a game with a Female Leading character published in the industry right now.

Remember Me was picked up by Capcom, but was actually turned down by several other publishers because it stars a female main character.

Naughty Dog had to fight tooth and nail just to get Ellie, the Female Protagonist from "The Last of Us" on the front of the cover,

And even through Bioshock Infinite is clearly about Elizabeth and Her Story, she was regulated to the back of the cover, instead of the front.

:/

I actually haven't thought about that, very interesting and unfortunate. Could this be why only Nintendo opted to publish Bayonetta 2?
#44emeraldfox_09Posted 4/5/2013 11:12:42 AM
Eh, I want to play Other M despite all that's wrong with it. Prime 1 made me love the Metroid franchise.
---
The Official Leafeon everywhere. Get at me
Bianca <3. I like Shauntal too.
#45Hawke0Posted 4/5/2013 11:25:15 AM
emeraldfox_09 posted...
Eh, I want to play Other M despite all that's wrong with it. Prime 1 made me love the Metroid franchise.

Other M is pretty much the opposite of Prime 1, and no one who worked on one game worked on the other.
---
#46GamenamebullyPosted 4/5/2013 11:57:51 AM
somomom posted...
Zakuroo posted...
Actually, you guys would be surprised how challenging it is to get a game with a Female Leading character published in the industry right now.

Remember Me was picked up by Capcom, but was actually turned down by several other publishers because it stars a female main character.

Naughty Dog had to fight tooth and nail just to get Ellie, the Female Protagonist from "The Last of Us" on the front of the cover,

And even through Bioshock Infinite is clearly about Elizabeth and Her Story, she was regulated to the back of the cover, instead of the front.

:/

I actually haven't thought about that, very interesting and unfortunate. Could this be why only Nintendo opted to publish Bayonetta 2?

That's actually due to financial reasons on Sega's part, not because of Bayonetta's gender.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully