Nintendo will NEVER reign champion again

#21evosthunderPosted 4/4/2013 8:43:28 PM
This is why other forums laugh at Gamefaqs.
---
I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.
#22overkillwfo1978Posted 4/4/2013 8:44:48 PM
What? I couldn't pay attention clearly, as I was in the middle of my umpteenth 6+ hour session of Monster Hunter, I think I may need a 12 step program to end my addiction to this game..... Who won't do what again now?
---
But the PS4 has GDDR5 RAM. That's 2 more than DDR3! I bet PCs will take at least 5 years to catch up to this beast.
- SUPER3METROIDX
#23Hawke0Posted 4/4/2013 8:48:03 PM
Buretsu posted...
DaLastBoss posted...
Fine, keep throwing your money at a company that doesnt value their fans and customers

Keep dreaming for another good title lol

Hey, say what you will, I still have faith in EA.

I salute you.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#24Johnny_Jon_117Posted 4/4/2013 9:39:17 PM
DaLastBoss posted...
By champion I mean, the one to sell the most system and remain most popular with its consumers

Listen, its already 2013 and Nintendo's Wii is absolutely obsolete. The Wii U, although it's sales are doing a little better it will not sell more than the PS3 or newBox. Why? Ever since the N64, Nintendo has been declining in the home system market to its competitors. While the Wii did well in terms of sales, it did not make the hardcore gamers too happy.

The Wii U doesnt satisfy the hardcore gamer nor the casual one. It's lack of games and forced gimmicky controller will hurt Nintendo in the end if they do not do something

Why write this topic? Nintendo just doesnt get it, they dont want to release better games or fix their online system. Stop supporting a company that doesnt listen to its customers!
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ~,_. . . ..~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .=,_. . . .-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .=-._. . .;,,./`. . / . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`
---
Every game is overrated because the Internet hates everything and wants anything that's going up to go down. Like a true villain.
#25kdognumba1Posted 4/4/2013 9:41:52 PM
I think it's really ridiculous to think that there's a "champion" in the games industry. If this closing generation has shown us anything, it's that gaming has grown and expanded beyond the days of 1 company dominating.

Both dedicated handhelds and all 3 home consoles did incredibly well in sales of both hardware and software, the PC market had a renaissance by getting reinvigorated with a ton of games and the emergence of strong services and digital stores (such as the humblebundle, gog, and steam), the free 2 play model has grown into not only an accepted form but a standard for dedicated online games, mobile games went from a very niche very side project thing to a platform that many developers develop solely on, fan sourced projects have almost taken out the need for publishers all together by making the money needed to make the games while simultaneously marketing the game to the potential buyers and independent game development went from being a dream by many to being the driving force for creative new and interesting games.

To think that gaming will ever return to the way it was with 1 company sitting at the top completely dominating and dictating the rules while everybody else scrambles for crumbs is to completely overlook how much the industry has grown and matured. While I'm sure that Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo will have ups and downs and won't have a smooth path to success, ultimately all 3 of them will remain relevant and will have good sales in the long run.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#26excitebike64Posted 4/4/2013 9:47:05 PM
Buretsu posted...
Whatever you say, random Internet dude!

That actually made me laugh. Of course, instead of dude, I thought, duuuude.
#27excitebike64Posted 4/4/2013 9:49:40 PM
DaLastBoss posted...
gameG3ni3 posted...
Hey TC, 99% of the ''doom and gloom'' topics are posted by non-Nintendo customers. The rest of us are having fun with our Wii Us. I can tell you havent played a Wii U else you would know the controller isn't gimmicky at all. In fact, I'm typing this message to you right now on my gamepad...are you on your console???

So if you want to yell at Nintendo, atleast be real Nintendo customer, the Snes or Wii you got for Christmas once doesn't count either...your weird uncle Don bought you that.

I would never buy a Wii U but that doesnt mean I didnt play it. Im a huge Nintendo fan but the Wii U is garbage IMO. I played it at a kiosk and was not impressed at all, not because its power but because of the lack of games. I mean Lego is probably the best game but the rest are laughable.

He almost converted. He loved that Lego game. Come on people, lets keep trying.
#28rudgerlightPosted 4/4/2013 10:12:32 PM
evosthunder posted...
This is why other forums laugh at Gamefaqs.

but do they have a right to? Neogaf loves to mock, but they had these two gems today:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534816

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534774
#29sentoworfPosted 4/4/2013 10:12:55 PM
Why do people feel threatened by Nintendo?
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#30jairusmonillasPosted 4/4/2013 10:14:42 PM
The last time Nintendo was relevant was SNES, Wii sold 99M yet failed in delivering quality games. Don't even get started with N64 and Gamecube both were destroyed by PS1 and PS2. Heck, Nintendo consoles can only wish they can outsell PS2.
---
"I just laugh at the question. Unreal Engine 4, were not for PS3, 360 or Wii U. Its for next-gen technology. Thats what were aiming for" - Mark Rein