If Epic was ignoring the Wii u due to underpowered, why do they ignore the PC?

#1Rev0luti0nN0wPosted 4/4/2013 8:39:54 PM
The last PC game they truly worked on was Unreal Tournament 3. Then we got a couple crappy ports.

If what business executive Mark Rein says about the 'really perfect gaming pc' (With amd faildozer and midrange laptop gpu) the PS4 is true, and the Wii U is underpowered like he says (Even though he hasn't coded), then why ignore the most powerful machine of them all, the PC?
#2SolisPosted 4/4/2013 8:46:09 PM
How are they ignoring the PC? Their next game (which will be the first to use UE4) has only been announced for PC so far. Every major tech demo they've shown recently uses the PC as a baseline as well.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#3Rev0luti0nN0w(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:49:37 PM
You give examples of demos?

How about the gears of war trilogy? All we got was a horrible Gears 1 port. I mean HORRIBLE PORT.

Infinity Blade is also a series that was ios only, never made it to PC.

And now they are releasing Fortnite, first for PC. And we should be thankful?
#4knightimexPosted 4/4/2013 9:51:04 PM
What TC means is if PC is soo powerful why can't next gen games of tomorrow been released yesterday?

Simple answer: Why severely limit sales to pc only to a very small group?
There just isn't enough people 3 years ago who own a $800 gtx 580 to play those games.

Also, good luck trying to make a next gen game work and look good on a current gen console.
Imagine halo 4 on Xbox 1.

^ Would not look no where near as pretty.
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
#5SlimeSwayzePosted 4/4/2013 10:22:32 PM
knightimex posted...
What TC means is if PC is soo powerful why can't next gen games of tomorrow been released yesterday?

There just isn't enough people 3 years ago who own a $800 gtx 580 to play those games.

Also, good luck trying to make a next gen game work and look good on a current gen console.

That's true, but Halo on the X-Box was a lot more fun than Halo 4, so...I guess I don't really have a point. Just saying I'd still rather play the original two games than any of the 360 titles in that series.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#6RyuuHou25Posted 4/4/2013 10:23:37 PM
Same reason any other company ignores PC, rampant piracy that is FAR worse than consoles.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#7knightimexPosted 4/4/2013 10:24:46 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
knightimex posted...

That's true, but Halo on the X-Box was a lot more fun than Halo 4, so...I guess I don't really have a point. Just saying I'd still rather play the original two games than any of the 360 titles in that series.

The point is Halo 4's graphics are impossible on Xbox 1.
gameplay and fun factor have nothing to do with graphics and hardware abilities in this topic.
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
#8SolisPosted 4/4/2013 10:33:23 PM
Rev0luti0nN0w posted...
You give examples of demos?

How about the gears of war trilogy? All we got was a horrible Gears 1 port. I mean HORRIBLE PORT.

Infinity Blade is also a series that was ios only, never made it to PC.

And now they are releasing Fortnite, first for PC. And we should be thankful?

The Gears of War port was fine. It even had extra content and additional features. Only downside to it was that it used GFWL.

Microsoft obviously had a pretty major influence on the Gears of War series, so I'm not surprised the sequels didn't show up on PC.

Infinity Blade was obviously designed for mobile devices in mind. It wouldn't have made a very proper PC game.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#9blue_hedgehogPosted 4/4/2013 10:46:05 PM
Epic doesn't ignore the PC, they do more than make games you know.

You heard of the Unreal Engine? It's used by a lot of developers who do make games for the PC

They're the guys who make that game engine.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png Not Changing sig until Nintendo goes third party
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.
#10nonexistingheroPosted 4/4/2013 10:58:02 PM
A ton of other developers/publishers also create their own game engines, so that's a moot point.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.