Looks like I'll be sticking to Wii U only

#11OzzieArcane(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 11:48:45 PM(edited)
Giygasminion posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
I can understand why you feel this way. With my Wii U, 3DS, and PC, I feel pretty set for this gen. I will consider other systems if I feel they offer me much, but right now, I'm in the same situation as you.

Exactly. Thanks to Steam, I see zero reason to get a PS4 or 720.

Me personally I don't doubt that the PS4 and X-Box will have some good games. But in addition to current issues I don't trust Microsoft to not fubar things considering how much they've ruined the dashboard and turned into a slow loading pile of crap. Once I finish some RPGs on the 360, the thing is getting put away in a storage box to free up space.

As for PS4... it just seems like with them completely abandoning backwards compatibility, it's like they forgot what made the PS2 as successful as it was in the first place. I also just don't want 3 different Playstations clustered around the TV.

I replaced my Wii with the Wii U cause I didn't have many Gamecube games anyhow. The only thing I really wish wasn't set up the way it is, is I wish I didn't need to use the gamepad to access the eShop and I wish the gamepad didn't automatically power on with the system (unless the battery is out of power) when I'm more then likely gonna play a game I don't have to use it for.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#12bond465Posted 4/4/2013 11:53:44 PM
OzzieArcane posted...
I wasn't a Wii guy. Most of my gaming was on X-Box 360 and then PS3 this gen. But with PS4 not having backwards compatibility and the Next Box looking to require an always online internet connection? Yeah... no.

If I get anything aside from the Wii U now it'll probably be the Ouya.

okay skip all of the best games next gen because the ps4 doesnt have bc. you know how ridiculous that sounds?

also, the 720 wasnt even announced yet....settle down.
#13bond465Posted 4/4/2013 11:56:50 PM
"But in addition to current issues I don't trust Microsoft to not fubar things considering how much they've ruined the dashboard and turned into a slow loading pile of crap"

Your posts keep getting more humorous. You dont trust Microsoft because they ruined....the....dashboard. are you serious?

What about the wii u's 1980s speed OS? Along with every other issue that console has.
#14DBPanterAPosted 4/5/2013 12:00:35 AM
I will say this again:

You will be able to play old games on the PS4 from their previous generations. However, the one thing Sony will not say at E3 or in a presentation is how it will work. Sony bought Gaiki last year for US $380 million. What they will do is tie the individuals PSN ID to the cloud, granting access to old games. However, I personally believe this is where things get dicey. They will charge a fee to access the cloud, and the cost will be more than the current PS+ model. Sony sees that Microsoft made US $2.4 billion off XBL subscriptions in 2012. They want a piece of that pie. So if paying for backward compatibility is your thing, that is how it will be done. If it is not, keep the old consoles around.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#15monkeyspoonPosted 4/5/2013 12:01:31 AM
OzzieArcane posted...
I wasn't a Wii guy. Most of my gaming was on X-Box 360 and then PS3 this gen. But with PS4 not having backwards compatibility and the Next Box looking to require an always online internet connection? Yeah... no.

If I get anything aside from the Wii U now it'll probably be the Ouya.

Enjoy endless mario games and tiny 3rd party support.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon. Can't wait for the PS4 to be released. WiiU fanboys are so deluded.
#16OzzieArcane(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 12:02:46 AM
bond465 posted...
okay skip all of the best games next gen because the ps4 doesnt have bc. you know how ridiculous that sounds?

I'd rather invest in a new gaming PC then support the PS4 after Sony took BC out of the PS3 and then attempted to resell everyone the games they already had.

bond465 posted...
also, the 720 wasnt even announced yet....settle down.

You're right it hasn't been. But IGN and Kotaku both have sources confirming the always online requirement in addition to the Creative Director for Microsoft Studios belittling people on twitter for complaining about always online.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534951

Do you think he'd be blatantly insulting customers in defense of something they aren't planning on actually implementing? Coincidentally he has since deleted the tweets off his account and locked his account so only people he verifies can view his tweets. Because he probably outted info he shouldn't have. But unfortunately for him once something is on the internet someone need only hit the print scrn button to make it a permanent resident.
---
#17OzzieArcane(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 12:09:43 AM(edited)
bond465 posted...
"But in addition to current issues I don't trust Microsoft to not fubar things considering how much they've ruined the dashboard and turned into a slow loading pile of crap"

Your posts keep getting more humorous. You dont trust Microsoft because they ruined....the....dashboard. are you serious?

What about the wii u's 1980s speed OS? Along with every other issue that console has.

I will concede that the Wii U's OS is underwhelming. But at least it started that way rather then starting out better and being made worse. X-Box 360s dashboard and marketplace used to be better but have been replaced with a worse version which we had no option to opt out of it we wanted to stay online and loaded with ads even if we're paying for X-Box Live. They're so greedy they monetized their monetization.

They also charge companies absurd fees to patch there games, as a result a game as awesome as well... Awesomenauts is only getting new characters on PC cause they can't afford the X-Box 360 patch fee since it's only a $10 game and patching the game would cost them more then $10,000. Aside from stuff by the makers of Castle Crashers basically any game made by a smaller dev will be superior on PC cause they don't have to deal with Microsoft's patching policies.
---
#18rudgerlightPosted 4/5/2013 12:09:40 AM
OzzieArcane posted...

As for PS4... it just seems like with them completely abandoning backwards compatibility, it's like they forgot what made the PS2 as successful as it was in the first place. I also just don't want 3 different Playstations clustered around the TV.

I have a really hard time faulting Sony for this. The Cell processor on the PS3 ended up being a mess and is still expensive to produce. No reason for them to release a console with BC only to realize that it only served to bloat the price and cannibalize sales of their old product (which they're still selling). There's a reason they dropped PS2 BC in PS3s. They couldn't justify the cost.

It's right to complain how they do this, but all Nintendo really does is drag the process out one extra generation (i.e.only the previous gen's system is compatible, not ones earlier than that).
#19OzzieArcane(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 12:16:00 AM(edited)
rudgerlight posted...
OzzieArcane posted...

I have a really hard time faulting Sony for this. The Cell processor on the PS3 ended up being a mess and is still expensive to produce. No reason for them to release a console with BC only to realize that it only served to bloat the price and cannibalize sales of their old product (which they're still selling). There's a reason they dropped PS2 BC in PS3s. They couldn't justify the cost.

Know what would be a simple solution? Have one model with BC and one without. There are people who will pay the premium price for convenience and they can still sell ones without for a more reasonable price to others.

It's right to complain how they do this, but all Nintendo really does is drag the process out one extra generation (i.e.only the previous gen's system is compatible, not ones earlier than that).

True but as I mentioned, I personally have little to no care about Gamecube support. I'm not arguing that my decision is the right one for everyone. All I care about from the cube is Paper Mario and Twilight Princess (hate motion controls). Wii stuff I care most about is VC and the games from Project Rainfall which I can still play on the Wii U.
---
#20Xenesis XenonPosted 4/5/2013 12:25:28 AM
That'd put them in a pretty uncomfortable position - the price premium would have to be cheap enough that people would actually buy the BC-PS4 model and not just buy a PS3 instead. I don't see it being terribly realistic in the long run.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.