Looks like I'll be sticking to Wii U only

#21midgarPosted 4/4/2013 11:44:41 PM
They'd have to include the CPU/GPU from the PS3, as unique as they are. That's not cheap, nor is it efficient power or heat wise. I
honestly appreciate them not including it. When the PS3 came out, I probably concerned myself with BC for all of 3-6 months. After that,
the games were rolling in and I never looked back at the 6th gen. Same with every other system after launch, so it's not a big deal. At all.

I'd rather run my PS1/2/(Wii) games upscaled on PC, and keep the PS3. I can think of a lot better things to pay a premium for. In the end
BC doesn't mean squat, and what sells new systems is new games. For me MS failed at that miserably, Wii did okay, and PS was amazing.
Personally, I'll buy a PS4 to main, skip the Nextbox, and grab a Wii U whenever it's cheap and original games designed with it's hardware
in mind are out. I hate when people say you may as well go PC instead of PS4, when PS3 easily had the most quality exclusives last gen.

For me, Xbox is definitely the odd man out this gen. XMB > XBL Dashboard hands down and the 360 had the weakest library of the three.
---
[This sig has been stabbed by Ray Lewis]
#22DarthFloatyPosted 4/4/2013 11:48:44 PM
midgar posted...
They'd have to include the CPU/GPU from the PS3, as unique as they are. That's not cheap, nor is it efficient power or heat wise. I
honestly appreciate them not including it. When the PS3 came out, I probably concerned myself with BC for all of 3-6 months. After that,
the games were rolling in and I never looked back at the 6th gen. Same with every other system after launch, so it's not a big deal. At all.

I'd rather run my PS1/2/(Wii) games upscaled on PC, and keep the PS3. I can think of a lot better things to pay a premium for. In the end
BC doesn't mean squat, and what sells new systems is new games. For me MS failed at that miserably, Wii did okay, and PS was amazing.
Personally, I'll buy a PS4 to main, skip the Nextbox, and grab a Wii U whenever it's cheap and original games designed with it's hardware
in mind are out. I hate when people say you may as well go PC instead of PS4, when PS3 easily had the most quality exclusives last gen.

For me, Xbox is definitely the odd man out this gen. XMB > XBL Dashboard hands down and the 360 had the weakest library of the three.

On the part where you mention emulation, there are many people unwilling to do that, as they feel it's illegal or just morally wrong.
#23Jx1010Posted 4/5/2013 12:00:18 AM
I agree with TC

I really really do... good thing I already have my wii u and enjoying it
#24slugbossPosted 4/5/2013 12:00:38 AM
Not all games come to PC, and they can't goto Wii U. So, your going to be like some unwanted step child regarding alot of new releases. Like the combo of Wii and PC is now, Unreal Engine 3 alone accounts for dozens not available. It goes both ways, but the exclusives on PS4 will be alot larger scale in comparison. I doubt anyone here really purchases new hardware to get our hands on the smaller scale indies.

If we threw all the money from the video game development into a pot and made a pie from it, I'd estimate Wii/PC as about half. Whereas a PS4 alone would probably embed their flavor in 66% of that same pie. I'm just thinking you could actually be getting less options, even with 2 different devices. Most wouldn't even use 50% of those options available, but the reason you buy new hardware is for big budget games right? Basically trading 2 cutting edge games for every 1 nintendo game if it is anything like this generation, imagine them as people trading 100 of them for 50.

I personally want more people pie than that, so I'd rent games and save up to secure at least a 75% portion. Not being able to play my leftovers from last generation is sad, but missing out on new pies is devastating.
#25kdognumba1Posted 4/5/2013 12:06:00 AM(edited)
OzzieArcane posted...
I wasn't a Wii guy. Most of my gaming was on X-Box 360 and then PS3 this gen. But with PS4 not having backwards compatibility and the Next Box looking to require an always online internet connection? Yeah... no.

If I get anything aside from the Wii U now it'll probably be the Ouya.

This is actually how I feel. Maybe eventually, down the road, I'll pick up a PS4 or 720 but not any time soon. I'll stick with my Wii U, PC, 3DS and Ouya and keep my systems from previous generations. The only way I see myself changing from this is if Sony and Microsoft start using there IP that came before PS3 and 720, which I don't envision happening.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#26midgarPosted 4/5/2013 12:14:21 AM

On the part where you mention emulation, there are many people unwilling to do that, as they feel it's illegal or just morally wrong.

Emulation doesn't equal piracy. I actually own every next gen title I emulate and find it a waste of space to do it any other way. Worst
case scenario, rip the game and finish, but keep the saves. I also like being able to use any controller with any game basically,
regardless of what console each is for. Either way, it's a flawed way of looking at things since it is not illegal or morally wrong unless
that's how you choose to utilize it. No different than someone modding a console and playing a burnt game/HD loader. The wrong isn't in
emulation itself, but rather the act of piracy, which I assure you is just as prevalent on the consoles themselves, if not MORE than on PC.

Hell, I can probably find 10 listings for both Wii/Xbox360 consoles on CL featuring softmod/jtag or whatever, and the ability to run pirated games.
The only thing I've ever "illegitimately" acquired are old NES/SNES games that were fan translated, as buying translated repro carts are
basically piracy anyway, since the original publisher makes nothing and as far as I know none of them have cared enough to ask them to stop.

Just saying, it's a misguided presumption.
---
[This sig has been stabbed by Ray Lewis]
#27OzzieArcane(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 12:23:32 AM(edited)
slugboss posted...
Not all games come to PC, and they can't goto Wii U. So, your going to be like some unwanted step child regarding alot of new releases. Like the combo of Wii and PC is now, Unreal Engine 3 alone accounts for dozens not available. It goes both ways, but the exclusives on PS4 will be alot larger scale in comparison. I doubt anyone here really purchases new hardware to get our hands on the smaller scale indies.

If we threw all the money from the video game development into a pot and made a pie from it, I'd estimate Wii/PC as about half. Whereas a PS4 alone would probably embed their flavor in 66% of that same pie. I'm just thinking you could actually be getting less options, even with 2 different devices. Most wouldn't even use 50% of those options available, but the reason you buy new hardware is for big budget games right? Basically trading 2 cutting edge games for every 1 nintendo game if it is anything like this generation, imagine them as people trading 100 of them for 50.

I personally want more people pie than that, so I'd rent games and save up to secure at least a 75% portion. Not being able to play my leftovers from last generation is sad, but missing out on new pies is devastating.

Personally JRPGs are pretty high on my list. But as of late they've been going handheld only and I don't play handhelds (It's a personal comfort issue). Oddly enough it seems they have more chance of being ported to PC (Like the Ys series went from PSP to almost all of them being on Steam).

PC has been picking up Steam (no pun intended) lately now that everyone knows you can just plug in an X-Box 360 controller and treat it like a console with a lot of games. Not to mention even with a smaller selection of games, Steam sales just make it a better investment.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#28Rasputin77Posted 4/5/2013 5:25:34 AM
Ewwww... really? Well, good luck with that, TC.

gameG3ni3 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
Reassurance topic no. 842,252

troll post no. 898,765,678,754

http://alturl.com/k3bm6
---
576527726520616C6C2067616D6572732E
#29zender1999Posted 4/5/2013 12:37:17 PM
thank you nintendo for no online drm required to play single player games, the only next gen console where the gamer truly owns his games
#30PigfartsPosted 4/5/2013 12:39:00 PM
OzzieArcane posted...
I wasn't a Wii guy. Most of my gaming was on X-Box 360 and then PS3 this gen. But with PS4 not having backwards compatibility and the Next Box looking to require an always online internet connection? Yeah... no.

If I get anything aside from the Wii U now it'll probably be the Ouya.

If you did gaming on xbox and ps3 I assume you have a ps3, not sure why you need BC with PS4?
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.