#31URAlsrPosted 4/5/2013 1:41:14 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
Reassurance topic no. 842,252

quoted for truth.
#32PigfartsPosted 4/5/2013 1:43:29 PM
OzzieArcane posted...
rudgerlight posted...
OzzieArcane posted...

As for PS4... it just seems like with them completely abandoning backwards compatibility, it's like they forgot what made the PS2 as successful as it was in the first place. I also just don't want 3 different Playstations clustered around the TV.

I have a really hard time faulting Sony for this. The Cell processor on the PS3 ended up being a mess and is still expensive to produce. No reason for them to release a console with BC only to realize that it only served to bloat the price and cannibalize sales of their old product (which they're still selling). There's a reason they dropped PS2 BC in PS3s. They couldn't justify the cost.

Know what would be a simple solution? Have one model with BC and one without. There are people who will pay the premium price for convenience and they can still sell ones without for a more reasonable price to others.

It's right to complain how they do this, but all Nintendo really does is drag the process out one extra generation (i.e.only the previous gen's system is compatible, not ones earlier than that).

True but as I mentioned, I personally have little to no care about Gamecube support. I'm not arguing that my decision is the right one for everyone. All I care about from the cube is Paper Mario and Twilight Princess (hate motion controls). Wii stuff I care most about is VC and the games from Project Rainfall which I can still play on the Wii U.

While I'm not a computer genius I think there is no BC b/c of the different CPU design. For ps4 to be BC it would have to have 2 processors, the PS4 and the Cell from PS3...or it would have to have software to emulate ps3 game on the ps4 processor. but thats just my guess.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#33xxthewitnessxPosted 4/5/2013 1:43:59 PM
Then you TC, will miss out on some amazing games, and your ****ty review site that no one cares about will suffer for only featuring Wii U games.
---
"Bros before foes" - The death of free speech in gaming
#34zender1999Posted 4/5/2013 2:03:56 PM
xxthewitnessx posted...
Then you TC, will miss out on some amazing games, and your ****ty review site that no one cares about will suffer for only featuring Wii U games.

hardly any anazing games he will miss out, battlefield microtransanction always online requiered? killzone 30 fps full of screen tearing? simcity?

nintendo makes the best amazing games, he will be fine
#35TrixonePosted 4/5/2013 2:06:52 PM
Nothing wrong w/ that, you just won't be able to enjoy next-gen games.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: SSFIV:AE, DS - Samurai of Legend
#36Jason_HudsonPosted 4/5/2013 3:45:14 PM
What's the deal with BC? You have a PS3, as you said, does it suddenly stop working as soon as the PS4 comes out?
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#37midgarPosted 4/5/2013 4:09:15 PM

While I'm not a computer genius I think there is no BC b/c of the different CPU design. For ps4 to be BC it would have to have 2 processors, the PS4 and the Cell from PS3...or it would have to have software to emulate ps3 game on the ps4 processor. but thats just my guess.

No way the PS4 software emulates PS3, so it definitely needs to include hardware due to completely different architectures. Not just cell,
but probably the RSX as well. That's a lot of extra innards to throw into the box with everything else. PS1/2 on software, though... possibly.

I'd rather just keep my PS3 out a year or two until software dries up. 6 months after PS4 launch, most everything will be on PS4 as well, anyway.
---
[This sig has been stabbed by Ray Lewis]
#38XplodnPnguins92Posted 4/5/2013 4:24:49 PM
have fun missing out on 99% of next-gen multiplatform games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Dn9vLMi.jpg
#39OzzieArcane(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 6:43:01 PM(edited)
xxthewitnessx posted...
your ****ty review site that no one cares about will suffer for only featuring Wii U games.

1. People aside from me do reviews on my site.

2. My review site is not solely dedicated to video game reviews, it's more like That Guy With the Glasses.

3. My site is not a business out to make profit, we're hobbyists. We all have our niche group of fans already and we're mostly fine with that.

4. My own review series started out as something different but now it's just reviews of whatever I played from my backlog recently which is huge and probably is bigger then my Wii U collection will end up being.

5. NO U
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#40RetroFanGirlPosted 4/5/2013 8:54:24 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
Reassurance topic no. 842,252

Sorry you can't afford more than one device, hard times.
---
Hi.