Looks like I'll be sticking to Wii U only

#41VanderZooPosted 4/5/2013 8:59:48 PM
I don't understand the point of not buying a next gen console because it doesn't play old games. Isn't the point of a next gen console to play next gen games? I mean, did you not buy a SNES, DreamCast, N64, GameCube etc?

BC is a great feature and I wish the PS4 had it out of the box, but to not buy it because it can't play games I can already play with my current system? That doesn't really make sense to me.
#42The_Shadow_LinkPosted 4/5/2013 9:09:06 PM(edited)
zender1999 posted...
xxthewitnessx posted...
Then you TC, will miss out on some amazing games, and your ****ty review site that no one cares about will suffer for only featuring Wii U games.

hardly any anazing games he will miss out, battlefield microtransanction always online requiered? killzone 30 fps full of screen tearing? simcity?

nintendo makes the best amazing games, he will be fine

From the last 3 months alone:

Bioshock Infinite - not on Wii U
Tomb Raider - not on Wii U
Metal Gear Solid Rising - not on Wii U
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - not on Wii U (Or Xbox 360)

Even something that should be simple like Darkstalkers Resurrection - not on Wii U

And all those games are recieved exceptionally well, and looking ahead it's only going to get worse with what the Wii U is missing out on.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#43mokmuudPosted 4/5/2013 9:17:03 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
zender1999 posted...
xxthewitnessx posted...
Then you TC, will miss out on some amazing games, and your ****ty review site that no one cares about will suffer for only featuring Wii U games.

hardly any anazing games he will miss out, battlefield microtransanction always online requiered? killzone 30 fps full of screen tearing? simcity?

Even something that should be simple like Darkstalkers Resurrection - not on Wii U

And all those games are recieved exceptionally well, and looking ahead it's only going to get worse with what the Wii U is missing out on.

The only one of those I cared about was Ni No Kuni and you can play that on the DS. The games you enjoy are a matter of personal choice.
---
PSN: Mokmuud Dragon's Dogma pawn: Kristen
#44The_Shadow_LinkPosted 4/5/2013 9:22:02 PM
mokmuud posted...
The_Shadow_Link posted...
zender1999 posted...
xxthewitnessx posted...

The only one of those I cared about was Ni No Kuni and you can play that on the DS. The games you enjoy are a matter of personal choice.

And the DS Ni No Kuni is japanese only and not available on the Wii U. If you can read Japanese, then yay for you I guess?

And yes, games you enjoy are a personal choice, just realise that you going Wii U alone you are missing out on a lot of good titles that other platforms are getting. And currently those are outnumbering the good titles the Wii U are getting, even 3DS has more stuff like Fire Emblem Awakening and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. Wii U barely has anything at all.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#45mokmuudPosted 4/5/2013 9:25:28 PM
I've been playing my WiiU almost every day since launch.
---
PSN: Mokmuud Dragon's Dogma pawn: Kristen
#46DemonDog666Posted 4/5/2013 9:25:39 PM
So have good online, tying digital games to account not hardware, having competent multimedia features, having good third party support and having the games on a system evolve beyond what last gen is capable of is less important then BC to you... lol
#47DynheartPosted 4/5/2013 9:55:45 PM
OzzieArcane posted...
I wasn't a Wii guy. Most of my gaming was on X-Box 360 and then PS3 this gen. But with PS4 not having backwards compatibility and the Next Box looking to require an always online internet connection? Yeah... no.

If I get anything aside from the Wii U now it'll probably be the Ouya.

I'm really on the fence. I was going Wii U/PS4. But the Wii U maybe the only console I get this gen (first time I stay with one system ever...I still have a gaming PC). But it's for different reasons.

I consider myself a hardcore gamer. But I'm an old school hardcore gamer, ya know? I bought a Wii when it came out and enjoyed the crap out of it until the PS3 came out. I bought it, and it died 2 months later. I then invested in a 360 and never looked back.

I guess I was influenced by the newer generation of gamers, and the new generation of media that the PS3 and 360 was the "goto" hardcore experience. What I got was a casual gaming experience that offered "hardcore" cinematics.To me? That's not what I want. I wanted old school hardcore gameplay. Not hardcore dialog, cinematics.

For some people? They have the Nintendo system as their sister system, as it won't get played as often. For me, it's the other way around (as I found out very recently). PS4, if I invest in it, will be my sister system. Wii U will be my main console. And it's not for the features. It's not for the graphics. It's for the game experiences that I can get only on a Nintendo system, for the most part.

Mind you that this is something I rediscovered in the last 4 months. I almost stopped gaming all together (I was really hating 7th gen that much). I just found out I was playing on the wrong platform this gen. Or rather, using the wrong console as my main. But that's not the 360/Microsoft's fault. That's mine.

It was a looooong, but unintentional experiment.
---
Currently playing: Wario Land: Shake It! Mighty Switch Force
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash_wwRQFno
#48usaamahlinkPosted 4/5/2013 10:01:22 PM
bond465 posted...
OzzieArcane posted...
I wasn't a Wii guy. Most of my gaming was on X-Box 360 and then PS3 this gen. But with PS4 not having backwards compatibility and the Next Box looking to require an always online internet connection? Yeah... no.

If I get anything aside from the Wii U now it'll probably be the Ouya.

okay skip all of the best games next gen because the ps4 doesnt have bc. you know how ridiculous that sounds?

also, the 720 wasnt even announced yet....settle down.

All the best games? I would bet on Nintendo making the best games. Of at least a significant number of them.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#49strongo9Posted 4/5/2013 10:04:04 PM
The OUYA is terrible. Why don't you PC game? Nintendo-PC is the best gaming combo out there.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#50Jaime_BennPosted 4/5/2013 10:07:20 PM
I'm sticking with Wii U + PC until a new Street Fighter comes out on the PS4.
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(