I wonder if there will be an achievement/trophy system?

#1Mathew1986Posted 4/5/2013 1:45:43 AM
I know there's probably already been a lot of topics about this, but I would love to see it happen, it gives games a little more replay value if you ask me, I'd probably call it,

"Wii Collectables"

Does anyone like that for the name? I just been thinking about It, figured it sounded cool and stuff, so what do you all think?

Also, another question, I just bought a Wii U 32GB Deluxe Edition system(my first Wii system) and was wondering how can you see what the charge level is for the Wii Pro Controllers? I bought 2 with it, hoping I can play some classic VC games with them.

Oh also, what games do you all suggest for me to get?

I bought Mario Party 9, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Super Mario Galaxy.

Any Wii U games worth getting yet? I been planning on getting New Super Mario Bros, but I'm pretty settled at the moment with what I got, probably would like to hear if there is anything else worth trying to get though for later when I decide to buy some more.
---
RIP Mom (1952-2010), I'll always love you & miss you!
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 6 (PlayStation 3)
#2Mathew1986(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 1:49:02 AM
Also I'm really am into RPG games, so is there anything like that for Wii/Wii U yet? I'm open for suggestions. Been playing Mario Party 9 all night, been having a blast on that me and my younger bro :)
---
RIP Mom (1952-2010), I'll always love you & miss you!
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 6 (PlayStation 3)
#3FF_FiendPosted 4/5/2013 12:07:04 PM
Prepare to have a ton of Nintendrones tell you why they hate trophies/achievements and love every decision Nintendo has ever made.

That said, I think that even if you PERSONALLY dislike trophies/achievements or are just indifferent to them, you should probably realize that those meaningless little "dings" do motivate at least SOME gamers. And those gamers are going to shy away from multiplat games on the Wii U. When comparing games across platforms, even the smallest feature missing still makes it the "inferior" version in the grand scheme of things.

Unless of course that game simply runs better on Wii U (they haven't yet, but I remain hopeful), or the gamepad adds something to the experience that contributes meaningfully to the version (Remote Play, if you're into that, is the only time I've seen it do that so far).

Still, Nintendo could make the system their own, and provide aesthetic rewards for "platinuming" a game. Let me gain all the collectables for the next Zelda game, for instance, and give me a little Link hat for my Mii, or a hylian shield. Then it's not just an arbitrary number.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#4KaiRyusakiPosted 4/5/2013 12:08:20 PM
I wish every game had a Kirby AirRide/Uprising/Brawl type of achievement system

but no there isnt one. and i dont think they plan to add one
#5meiyukiPosted 4/5/2013 12:10:25 PM
I just don't like the mentality that achievements represent on current consoles.
#6Iamerror777Posted 4/5/2013 12:11:24 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/12/wii-u-won-39-t-have-system-wide-achievements.aspx

There is an achievement system on Wii U but it's not system wide
---
Currently Playing:Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), Call of Duty Black Ops II (Wii U), Nintendo Land
#7IloveElitePosted 4/5/2013 12:12:29 PM
PLEASE NO!!

Achievements/Trophies are pointless and useless and they only serve to reward crap games when tots and teens buy crap games JUST because their achievements are easy.

Insanity.. please, we don't want them.
#8FF_FiendPosted 4/5/2013 12:15:51 PM
IloveElite posted...
PLEASE NO!!

Achievements/Trophies are pointless and useless and they only serve to reward crap games when tots and teens buy crap games JUST because their achievements are easy.

Insanity.. please, we don't want them.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think enough people buy games just for achievements to make a noticeable difference. It's not like PS3 got Hannah Montanna 2 because so many people bought Hannah Montanna for the easiest platinum in history.

I go after achievements to challenge myself if I already love a game and I can't get enough of it even after I beat it. But the achievements have to be done well and meaningfully. I DO hate achievements that say "Start a new game!" or "Beat the first boss!"

Uh yeah, I was going to do that anyway.

Now give me achievements that say "Clear the first boss within such and such time limit without taking damage"

Those are the ones that add replay value to the game and present unique challenges. Yeah, you can do that anyway. It's just sort of a checklist, when it's done correctly, of completing everything a game has to offer.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#9iKhanicPosted 4/5/2013 12:16:24 PM
No, Achievements are completely meaningless. And integrating them into the console doesn't mean anything either.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#10GEKGanonPosted 4/5/2013 12:17:06 PM
Prepare to have a ton of Nintendrones tell you why they hate trophies/achievements and love every decision Nintendo has ever made.

That said, I think that even if you PERSONALLY dislike trophies/achievements or are just indifferent to them, you should probably realize that those meaningless little "dings" do motivate at least SOME gamers. And those gamers are going to shy away from multiplat games on the Wii U. When comparing games across platforms, even the smallest feature missing still makes it the "inferior" version in the grand scheme of things.

Unless of course that game simply runs better on Wii U (they haven't yet, but I remain hopeful), or the gamepad adds something to the experience that contributes meaningfully to the version (Remote Play, if you're into that, is the only time I've seen it do that so far).

Still, Nintendo could make the system their own, and provide aesthetic rewards for "platinuming" a game. Let me gain all the collectables for the next Zelda game, for instance, and give me a little Link hat for my Mii, or a hylian shield. Then it's not just an arbitrary number.

It has never been about liking or disliking achievments. The problem is people whining over the whole system-wide achievement thing. These people can get a gold star in a game for stabbing 10,000 enemy combatants in the anus with a k-bar, but unless the Wii U itself stores that as an arbitrary numerical score, they aren't going to be happy. So effectively, even these people don't actually care about getting the achievement, just about whether or not the Wii U itself it set up to tell other people they got the achievement.
---
Steam Name: gekganon