Your opinion of hardcore gamers discussing the Wii U?

#1Numbuh100Posted 4/5/2013 5:00:01 AM
Your opinion of hardcore gamers discussing the Wii U? - Results (123 votes)
Nothing at all.
24.39% (30 votes)
They're all lame in my perspective. It's like they're trying to control what we play.
13.82% (17 votes)
Hardcore? What? How hardcore? Do they drink and break stuff every time they win? Now that's hardcore.
22.76% (28 votes)
There is no such thing as being a hardcore gamer.
39.02% (48 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hardcore gamers....now that title is just a delusional phrase to praise the mature gaming industries. I view these so-called "hardcore gamers" that they cannot accept all diversity of gaming. During our days of the NES and such, no players would complain about games being too "kiddy" and such. We play for one thing we seek and that is the enjoyment of life. But these ones "hardcore gamers", why do they war against other gamers? Why can't we have Nintendo even if it may not start out well? YOU PEOPLE...coming here and littering your trash about third parties and such....we do not need to convert to your kind!
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Pandora's Tower
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#2IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/5/2013 5:03:45 AM
Honestly, I believe they have things going on in their lives that are beyond their control, which do serious damage to their ego. So they come on here and post negative things about a system they don't own and most likely never will, in order to feel better about their little, humdrum lives and escape the reality around them.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#3Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 5:07:57 AM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Honestly, I believe they have things going on in their lives that are beyond their control, which do serious damage to their ego. So they come on here and post negative things about a system they don't own and most likely never will, in order to feel better about their little, humdrum lives and escape the reality around them.

I think we can play all we want for our varieties. We do not have to limit ourselves for such thing.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Pandora's Tower
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#4Darkside_ShadowPosted 4/5/2013 5:55:09 AM
What is a hardcore gamer?

Is it a try hard cod player that base their life on K/D
Is it a person who spends their life playing WOW
Is it someone like me who spends wast amount of money buying games and consoles
and enjoy games as a main activity. But has a huge backlog and never 100% any game.

I donīt know?
I buy all consoles and tons of games. I donīt consider myself hardcore. But I do consider myself a real gamer.
I enjoy COD games and have played WOW but still get that feeling I did when I was a kid when I play Nintendo games. That is why I like the Wii U. I will get a Ps4Xbox720 but when Wind Waker HD lands I will be there. Im more excited about that than the new consoles.
Seeing NSMBU in HD is awesome.

That is why it sucks when people hate on the Wii U because you know they donīt understand what Nintendo games feel like.

#5Rasputin77Posted 4/5/2013 6:21:05 AM
"Hardcore", "casual", "troll", "fanboy", "hater", "AAA"...

If we keep using words that everyone has their own personal definitions for, these "conversations" will never get better.
---
576527726520616C6C2067616D6572732E
#6atma6Posted 4/5/2013 6:23:50 AM
Hardcore gamer can be a useful title when you want to distinguish a game that was made with a more casual non-gamer audience in mind vs. a game that was made for enthusiasts. That being said, when people start using the term to explain how they're better than people, it isn't any good.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/
#7idrc82Posted 4/5/2013 6:36:26 AM
Hmmm back in my day.. ya played vidya games or ya didnt.
---
3ds fc: 0817-4077-5176
Psn/wii u id: xGambloRx
#8ADHDguitarPosted 4/5/2013 6:39:32 AM
Rasputin77 posted...

If we keep using words that everyone has their own personal definitions for, these "conversations" will never get better.

Pssssh, go away troll.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#9IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/5/2013 7:24:36 AM
Numbuh100 posted...
IcedEarthaholic posted...

I think we can play all we want for our varieties. We do not have to limit ourselves for such thing.

Never said otherwise, I was basically defining how I perceive the known trolls around here.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#10GloryChaosPosted 4/5/2013 7:26:13 AM
Rasputin77 posted...

Honestly, I agree. They're borderline buzzwords at this point.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666