Imagine if Nintendo took Microsoft's approach to customer complaints...

#21PendragoonPosted 4/5/2013 1:39:38 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
whizkid7 posted...
I would consider that jumping to conclusions

Good for you. I, on the other hand, consider your position to be giving them too much credit. Public statements by employees, particularly by one as high up as this guy, are official policy statements unless and until contradicted later. As gameG3ni3 points out a couple posts above, this is Business 101.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-apologizes-for-employees-always-online-tweet-470911765

They apologized, but didn't disagree with him.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#22Xcalibur02Posted 4/5/2013 2:00:40 PM
It's these corrupt, anti-consumer business practices by the likes of Microsoft and EA that are killing the industry.

While this may make some Xbox owners move to Sony or Nintendo, others might just quit gaming all together. This cannot be tolerated.
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#23fhsfootball74Posted 4/5/2013 2:02:13 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
One man equals all of Microsoft now?
One mans comments equals their customer service now?

Not sure if serious

You've never talked to someone at Microsoft's "customer service" center have you?
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
Blue Jackets, Bengals, Ohio State, Reds, and Columbus Crew Fan
#24mjc0961Posted 4/5/2013 2:19:04 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Nintendo>Sony=Microsoft

in terms of customer relations.

Fixed.

Nintendo of America takes s*** after s*** on their customers and that's about it, which is odd to say because s***ting on your customers isn't a good thing, but if my biggest complaints are that Club Nintendo here sucks and I still want to play Trace Memory 2 so why the f*** won't you release it, they're still doing better than the competition.

Sony of America takes s*** after s*** on their customers, takes away features, has a crappy network with few features and way too much downtime, gets hacked, has a constant stream of useless firmware updates that do absolutely nothing for the customers but waste 15 minutes of their time to download and install the damn thing, puts out handhelds with no games and insanely expensive memory cards, and doesn't support their PS Move controller that people spent their money on.

Microsoft takes s*** after s*** on their customers, makes you pay for online play and other services that are free on other platforms, actually support their Kinect device but went to the opposite extreme of Sony in that they abandoned the rest of their player base to do it, keep redesigning the dashboard to make us have to find our s*** all over again and cram more ads in our faces, and has this a****** employee on Twitter basically telling potential customers to f*** off.

It can easily become Nintendo>Microsoft>Sony if Microsoft fires this guy and issues a statement apologizing to everyone for his outbursts, though.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#25BoomerTheGreatPosted 4/5/2013 2:35:06 PM
mjc0961 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
Nintendo>Sony=Microsoft

in terms of customer relations.

Fixed.

Nintendo of America takes s*** after s*** on their customers and that's about it, which is odd to say because s***ting on your customers isn't a good thing, but if my biggest complaints are that Club Nintendo here sucks and I still want to play Trace Memory 2 so why the f*** won't you release it, they're still doing better than the competition.

Sony of America takes s*** after s*** on their customers, takes away features, has a crappy network with few features and way too much downtime, gets hacked, has a constant stream of useless firmware updates that do absolutely nothing for the customers but waste 15 minutes of their time to download and install the damn thing, puts out handhelds with no games and insanely expensive memory cards, and doesn't support their PS Move controller that people spent their money on.

Microsoft takes s*** after s*** on their customers, makes you pay for online play and other services that are free on other platforms, actually support their Kinect device but went to the opposite extreme of Sony in that they abandoned the rest of their player base to do it, keep redesigning the dashboard to make us have to find our s*** all over again and cram more ads in our faces, and has this a****** employee on Twitter basically telling potential customers to f*** off.

It can easily become Nintendo>Microsoft>Sony if Microsoft fires this guy and issues a statement apologizing to everyone for his outbursts, though.

I sadly might have to agree with you.
---
Greatness comes from within
#26Virus66Posted 4/5/2013 2:39:14 PM
Microsoft has never been very good with their customer service anyways. I've had multiple run-ins with them over the years and they have literally solved nothing
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#27ElGadoPosted 4/5/2013 2:41:20 PM
Heartless18 posted...
http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/05/microsoft-response-to-always-online-xbox-rumours-is-dealwithit-3584410/

Basically Microsoft is telling its customers to eat their **** and "deal with it". Horrible customer service and it seems like the next Xbox is dead before it's even announced. At least Nintendo actually listens to their fanbase and doesn't blatantly harass them.

I hope you're kidding. So Nintendo's fanbase is asked to sell out to the casuals and proceed with more gimmicks? I sure as hell didn't.