Looks like nobody's copying the Wii U or supporting Nintendo's vision for gaming

#1PhaseBlackPosted 4/5/2013 11:07:24 AM
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/04/rumour-xbox-720-aligned-with-ps4-controller-almost-entirely-unchanged/

Like the PS4 controller's, the nex Xbox controller is also rumored to not feature a screen. Why is this bad for the Wii U? This makes third party support for Wii U versions of future games more difficult because devs will need to spend time making use of the screen on the Wii U's gamepad. This means shoehorning in functionality that wasnt needed nor in mind for the game since the other versions wont have it.

It honestly feels like Nintendo just created a problem for themselves raising the Wii U prive by having a screen on the controller that will hardly ever be used
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/5/2013 11:09:26 AM
I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that Sony totally ripped off the Miiverse idea for the PS4;)

So there you have it, Sony copying the Wii U.
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni post-game (9/10), Pushmo (9/10), Castlevania: MoF (7/10) Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
#3Prince ShondronaiPosted 4/5/2013 11:09:39 AM
Possibly. Possibly developers will make some exclusives for the Wii U, rather than try to make a game that works with and without a 2nd screen so that it can be on all systems.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#4DinglesteedPosted 4/5/2013 11:11:22 AM
I'm glad it's not the same. if everything in this world was very familiar, things would be boring. I'm glad Nintendo just does its own thing and lets the other companies try to build an un-upgradable PC. At least Nintendo gives new ways of playing.

Looks like I am sticking to Wii U and PC this gen. Wii U for gameplay/tried and tested 1st party games and PC for everything else. Win win for me :D Best gameplay best graphics!
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, Trine 2 Planetside 2 (Soltech VS), EVE Online, Battlefield 3, and NHL 13
#5zalmutePosted 4/5/2013 11:12:48 AM
I thought ps4 cntroller does have a screen
---
This gen devs will bleed, but its ok, 8 gb ddr5 right?
PC + WiiU.
#6Hawke0Posted 4/5/2013 11:13:53 AM
zalmute posted...
I thought ps4 cntroller does have a screen

Touchpad, not a touchscreen.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#7AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/5/2013 11:14:49 AM
Plus the Vita being used to stream games Is yet another rip-off of the WiiU. A very expensive rip-off at that.
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni post-game (9/10), Pushmo (9/10), Castlevania: MoF (7/10) Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
#8AndoMikePosted 4/5/2013 11:18:30 AM
Prince Shondronai posted...
Possibly. Possibly developers will make some exclusives for the Wii U, rather than try to make a game that works with and without a 2nd screen so that it can be on all systems.

That's way I see it. Why couldn't the developer make a game for the WiiU and just disregard the second screen all together? The game logo could just be on the screen the whole time and the screen is never even used for gameplay. Then any game that comes out for a console without a screen can be ported across all platforms.
---
NNID: AndoMike
PSN: AndoMike
#9blazeUP12Posted 4/5/2013 11:20:46 AM
There's a simple reason why the industry hasn't jumped on the bandwagon: Nintendo hasn't proven its newest gimmick yet. There's still no AAA showcase from Nintendo demonstrating the Gamepad's potential. Nintendo Land was a good attempt but no cigar. Same with ZombiU.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#10jtr219Posted 4/5/2013 11:20:59 AM
Prince Shondronai posted...

This is what I'm hoping for. My favorite 3rd party titles on the Wii were unique to the system like No More Heroes and Red Steel 2 rather than trying to be a gimped version like COD. Also, considering how generic a lot of the industry feels now, I would vastly prefer something that utilizes the gamepad in some really interesting and unique ways.

Suda 51 said he was full of ideas for it and No More Heroes 3 looks very likely!
---
NNID: jtr219