Why does everyone want Nintendo to "lose"?

#271DemonDog666Posted 4/11/2013 7:56:27 AM
icarus231 posted...
So their games are good but the console made to play them on sucks. Do you think that game will look better on sony? Currently the wii u is the best piece of hardware out so how is it so far behind the others.

First of all I'm not talking about looks, second of all alot of the games do look better on ps3 then wiiU despite ps3 being 6 years old, as for wiiU being more powerful releasing 6/7 years it better be, but it's only slightly and it's still insanely behind feature wise and will be extremely behind ps4/next xbox hardware wise, that's how it's so far behind, because it's barely ahead of 6 year old tech lol.

Also while the games are good for the most part they are stale and have been declining in quality for some time, they still sell because of brand but they aren't nearly as good as older ones (except for graphics of course), when Sony is constantly improving their first party, has good third party support, better online and better features on a 6 year old console that costs less then wiiU why would anyone get a wiiU unless they are a massive Nintendo fanboy?
#272DemonDog666Posted 4/11/2013 7:59:39 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
This is such a peasant mentality.

If you truly cared about having the latest and the greatest, you'd be playing on a PC because consoles are just a bunch of cavemen banging rocks together compared to what a PC can do.

First of all lol at calling anything running on windows great, second of all pc doesn't get many exclusives that you need a gaming pc for, it's mostly indie stuff that you can run on anything, and well the multiplats do look better, aside from god games and rts they play the exact same as on the consoles, and the consoles are cheaper and much much less of a hassle and have more disk skew games. It's not about having the lastest and greatest it's about the best value and that is not and has never been a gaming pc.
#273icarus231Posted 4/11/2013 8:04:14 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...
So their games are good but the console made to play them on sucks. Do you think that game will look better on sony? Currently the wii u is the best piece of hardware out so how is it so far behind the others.

First of all I'm not talking about looks, second of all alot of the games do look better on ps3 then wiiU despite ps3 being 6 years old, as for wiiU being more powerful releasing 6/7 years it better be, but it's only slightly and it's still insanely behind feature wise and will be extremely behind ps4/next xbox hardware wise, that's how it's so far behind, because it's barely ahead of 6 year old tech lol.

Also while the games are good for the most part they are stale and have been declining in quality for some time, they still sell because of brand but they aren't nearly as good as older ones (except for graphics of course), when Sony is constantly improving their first party, has good third party support, better online and better features on a 6 year old console that costs less then wiiU why would anyone get a wiiU unless they are a massive Nintendo fanboy?

When sony has some first party titles selling remotely as good as nintendos come find me.
The point was why if nintenod games are stale and lower quality does everyone want them to go 3rd party. Quit being such a biased pony and just be a multiconsole owner like anyone who enjoys playing games.

As for nintendos tech last i heard no one still has figure out how powerful it is as the tech is beyond their comprehension.
#274aDRE8Posted 4/11/2013 8:40:18 AM
icarus231 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...

When sony has some first party titles selling remotely as good as nintendos come find me.
The point was why if nintenod games are stale and lower quality does everyone want them to go 3rd party. Quit being such a biased pony and just be a multiconsole owner like anyone who enjoys playing games.

As for nintendos tech last i heard no one still has figure out how powerful it is as the tech is beyond their comprehension.

I'm a "multiconsole" owner and love Nintendo's first party....but your first sentence doesn't make sense. I guarantee (and will put anything on the line) that Nintendo's first party titles would sell much more if they were on a Sony console than a Nintendo console (not to mention that they would be much better in terms of quality as well).

Just my 2 cents.
#275icarus231Posted 4/11/2013 8:49:55 AM
aDRE8 posted...
icarus231 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...

I'm a "multiconsole" owner and love Nintendo's first party....but your first sentence doesn't make sense. I guarantee (and will put anything on the line) that Nintendo's first party titles would sell much more if they were on a Sony console than a Nintendo console (not to mention that they would be much better in terms of quality as well).

Just my 2 cents.

Maybe yet the ps3 didnt have one title to break the 10 mil mark nintendo had quite a few
#276aDRE8Posted 4/11/2013 9:15:37 AM
icarus231 posted...
aDRE8 posted...
icarus231 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...

Just my 2 cents.

Maybe yet the ps3 didnt have one title to break the 10 mil mark nintendo had quite a few

That number drops tremendously if you take out all those games that came out with peripherals and accessories. The franchises of Nintendo will always sell extraordinarily well, no doubt, but the amount of quantity number of games (first party and third party) that sold in the millions for the 360 or PS3 far surpassed the overall number of Nintendo's Wii.

Nintendo definitely knows what they are doing in the software department, although they can still definitely improve quite a bit...On the console hardware end, it's a disaster IMO. (Not counting the 3DS).
#277lionheart5656Posted 4/11/2013 9:58:37 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
This is such a peasant mentality.

If you truly cared about having the latest and the greatest, you'd be playing on a PC because consoles are just a bunch of cavemen banging rocks together compared to what a PC can do.

First of all lol at calling anything running on windows great, second of all pc doesn't get many exclusives that you need a gaming pc for, it's mostly indie stuff that you can run on anything, and well the multiplats do look better, aside from god games and rts they play the exact same as on the consoles, and the consoles are cheaper and much much less of a hassle and have more disk skew games. It's not about having the lastest and greatest it's about the best value and that is not and has never been a gaming pc.

Peasant rationale.

Games are infinitely cheaper on PC.
You have much more freedom on PC.
Mods on PC.
Everything plays better and looks better on PC.
PC has more exclusives than any other console.
Backwards compatibility is never an issue.
In the end, you can play any console game on PC.
PC is an all in one device. Hook it up to your TV, play games, watch movies, stream TV shows.
At the end of the day, a well built PC will last you longer than a console, can do more, and has more games.
O YEA. Notice how you're precious "super consoles" (also known as toasters) are beginning to copy PC more and more by trying to offer deals on games and bring more indies in. The difference is, our indies and deals aren't behind a paywall.

Listing less hassle as a pro just shows what a peasant you really are since you can't even be bothered to deal with the slightest amount of thinking.

So I reiterate my point that if you are *****ing about how a console lacks all the latest and greatest features and isn't as powerful as another console, then you are a true peasant.

If you buy any console, it's for the exclusive GAMES created by the console maker that will not be allowed to go to PC. Otherwise, you are completely deluded and I advise you to get professional help.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#278icarus231Posted 4/11/2013 10:11:40 AM
aDRE8 posted...
icarus231 posted...
aDRE8 posted...
icarus231 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Just my 2 cents.

That number drops tremendously if you take out all those games that came out with peripherals and accessories. The franchises of Nintendo will always sell extraordinarily well, no doubt, but the amount of quantity number of games (first party and third party) that sold in the millions for the 360 or PS3 far surpassed the overall number of Nintendo's Wii.

Nintendo definitely knows what they are doing in the software department, although they can still definitely improve quite a bit...On the console hardware end, it's a disaster IMO. (Not counting the 3DS).

Because you want this to be true doesnt make it true.

we will just go off the number of games exceding 5 mil

ps3 3
360 7
wii 15

over 10 mil

ps3 0
360 2
wii 9

Total game sales

ps3 as of March 31, 2012: 595 million.
360 as of December 2009: 353.8 million (to lazy to look around for an update on this)
wii as of December 31, 2012: 863.53 million.

Any other questions. And throwing out games that come with periphrials is not valid because its still a game just because you get something with it doesnt change that fact.
#279cjsdowgPosted 4/11/2013 10:13:47 AM
See the fact that so many people are defending Nintendo is my issue . I most people don't want Nintendo to fail they want them to do better. I waited out side in a long line to get the Wii. And for years the only thing that I used it for was the wii fit , and Punchout.
---
Bender: Well, everybody, I just saved a turtle. What have you done with your lives?
#280mini_blightPosted 4/11/2013 10:42:09 AM
aDRE8 posted...
I guarantee (and will put anything on the line) that Nintendo's first party titles would sell much more if they were on a Sony console than a Nintendo console (not to mention that they would be much better in terms of quality as well).

No, they would not. When Sega went third party, their games never sold as well as they did on an actual Sega console. The quality suffered, too. On top of that, their games as a third party sold better on Nintendo's Gamecube. So much for Sony being a magical game-selling panacea. lol

GEKGanon posted...
I don't get it. Everytime Nintendo releases new hardware, some gamers prance around gleefully hoping and declaring this will be the time the company folds. Why? What sort of pettiness motivates a person to derive joy from the idea of a business failing, more poignantly, a business these specific people have no personal investment in?

They're not "gamers" they're Sony, MS and Apple fanboys, trolls and viral marketers. Actual gamers don't give a **** about any of this. they're too busy playing games or talking about them on the internet.