Why does everyone want Nintendo to "lose"?

#301mini_blightPosted 4/11/2013 3:47:22 PM
aDRE8 posted...
Quite honestly put, I wouldn't compare Sega to Nintendo. There is and always has been a major difference between quality for both companies. Nintendo's franchises far exceed that of Sega's. So I wouldn't use them as an example.

Difference in quality has nothing to with it. It's the side effects of going third party. Nintendo is not immune. You're just pretending it won't happen because it ruins your argument.

A new Smash Brothers game being released on both PS3 and 360 will definitely sell better IMO. Not to mention that we'll finally get to play the game online legitimately for once. It makes sense to me, but some of the Nintendo "loyalists" will be too butthurt about something like this happening. It'll be a wise business strategy for Nintendo... I can't see them failing.

This is cute. You're claiming Nintendo is being held back by their fans, who stuck by them during the N64/Gamecube days, and that by going third party, Nintendo will become even more successful.

Nintendo, listen to your enemies and do what they tell you. It's good business....for them.

aDRE8 posted...

So let me just remind everyone that I'm not hating on Nintendo, but as the topic states "Why does everyone want Nintendo to lose?" ...I don't want them to succeed because of their "Wii 2006 mentality"... Release a downgraded console with flawed Internet Interactivity and release games suited for family living rooms around the world. It's not the Nintendo I grew to love during the 80's and 90's anymore, this is a company that's changed their structure to brag about sales numbers for games that don't simply matter to the devoted gamer.

Paying for Xbox live is flawed internet interactivity. Dealing with massive updates on PS3 every other day that also remove features from time to time, is flawed internet interactivity.

The Wii is no different than the NES. Both were "underpowered" upon release. Both won the mass market.

The Wii's biggest sellers appealed to the mass market, unlike all those hardcore money-losing, studio and publisher-killers on the PS360.
#302aDRE8Posted 4/11/2013 4:00:45 PM
mini_blight posted...
aDRE8 posted...
Quite honestly put, I wouldn't compare Sega to Nintendo. There is and always has been a major difference between quality for both companies. Nintendo's franchises far exceed that of Sega's. So I wouldn't use them as an example.

Difference in quality has nothing to with it. It's the side effects of going third party. Nintendo is not immune. You're just pretending it won't happen because it ruins your argument.

A new Smash Brothers game being released on both PS3 and 360 will definitely sell better IMO. Not to mention that we'll finally get to play the game online legitimately for once. It makes sense to me, but some of the Nintendo "loyalists" will be too butthurt about something like this happening. It'll be a wise business strategy for Nintendo... I can't see them failing.

This is cute. You're claiming Nintendo is being held back by their fans, who stuck by them during the N64/Gamecube days, and that by going third party, Nintendo will become even more successful.

Nintendo, listen to your enemies and do what they tell you. It's good business....for them.

aDRE8 posted...

So let me just remind everyone that I'm not hating on Nintendo, but as the topic states "Why does everyone want Nintendo to lose?" ...I don't want them to succeed because of their "Wii 2006 mentality"... Release a downgraded console with flawed Internet Interactivity and release games suited for family living rooms around the world. It's not the Nintendo I grew to love during the 80's and 90's anymore, this is a company that's changed their structure to brag about sales numbers for games that don't simply matter to the devoted gamer.

Paying for Xbox live is flawed internet interactivity. Dealing with massive updates on PS3 every other day that also remove features from time to time, is flawed internet interactivity.

The Wii is no different than the NES. Both were "underpowered" upon release. Both won the mass market.

The Wii's biggest sellers appealed to the mass market, unlike all those hardcore money-losing, studio and publisher-killers on the PS360.

Your "argument" is hilarious. Not gonna sit down and point out every flaw.

I find it very funny you say I pretend because it ruins my argument. There is no pretending, difference in quality has everything to do with it. As long as Nintendo can maintain that consistency, they will be immune in the software market.
#303MilesACPosted 4/11/2013 7:13:46 PM
lolz
---
NyC gamer.
WiiU, XBL & PSN ID: MilesAC87
#304evosthunderPosted 4/11/2013 8:22:51 PM
Why is this 31 pages?
---
I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.
#305jillwarrenPosted 4/11/2013 8:23:01 PM
aDRE8 posted...
mini_blight posted...
aDRE8 posted...
I guarantee (and will put anything on the line) that Nintendo's first party titles would sell much more if they were on a Sony console than a Nintendo console (not to mention that they would be much better in terms of quality as well).

No, they would not. When Sega went third party, their games never sold as well as they did on an actual Sega console. The quality suffered, too. On top of that, their games as a third party sold better on Nintendo's Gamecube. So much for Sony being a magical game-selling panacea. lol

Why do you think it would sell better as a multiplat? Also, how do you see Nintendo making less money as being a wise marketing decision? The Wii-U's online is perfectly acceptable for a Smash Bros. game. It is working just fine for Black Ops 2 and Monster Hunter. I fail to see how there is a superior advantage is right now.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#306lionheart5656Posted 4/11/2013 10:05:17 PM
lionheart5656 posted...

No they aren't, I've got dozens of games a year for 50 bucks through psn+ as well as other perks and games eventually drop in price I haven't bought a game for more then 35 in years usually closer to 20 sometimes even 10 or 15 (though quality games rarely drop below 20), it might go on sale for steam sooner but you'll get the same price on console if you wait just a little longer, they don't drop any lower on steam. (not to mention all the games not even on pc

Why do you need freedom to play a game... that just means there's tons of hackers and cheats online ruining it for the rest of us.

Mods are good yes only decent point so far,

Plays no it plays the same it just looks better and even then only if you keep your computer updated and spend a ton more, so unless you are a graphics whore it really doesn't matter.

Not disk skew ones, mostly of it is indie and ALOT of it is pure crap (like phones) when it comes to games you actually need a gaming pc for there are very few, also the exclusives are skewed because there is no defined gen on pc and BC is a freaking mess and headache, you can get almost any game working on a pc running any newer windows but you can't get any game running on all pcs with a newer windows so yeah there's that.

lol backwards compatibility is a massive issue, on consoles either it works or it doesn't, on pc you have to jump through 20 hoops and it might work or still not

No you can't there are still tons of games that don't work on any emulator and they are getting harder and harder to make I doubt we will ever see a decent ps3 emulator, also illegal.

You don't want your pc in your living room, you want it in your computer room. Also my ps3 can do everything you mentioned there.

Wrong, a well built pc won't last as long as a console you have to upgrade every 3 years 5 if you really push it, ps3 is already 6 years old and can last you 10 easy. It can do more but it costs alot more and like I said it only has more indie games which you don't need gaming pc for anyways, when it comes to the games you need a gaming pc for disk skew consoles have way more, so such a waste of money.

Thinking isn't the problem, windows being a cluster**** and a horrible OS with tons of error's that should never exist is and you're the deluded one.

You are a true peasant. Like the absolute stereo type of a console peasant.

You are so ridiculously misinformed that there's really no shaking your flawed view of reality or at least I don't think you're worth the effort it would take.

I'm actually happy now that you will never come up here. We definitely don't need people this dumb in the master race.

Good day. May you live in blissful ignorance.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#307DemonDog666Posted 4/12/2013 7:21:52 AM
lionheart5656 posted...

You are so ridiculously misinformed that there's really no shaking your flawed view of reality or at least I don't think you're worth the effort it would take.

I'm actually happy now that you will never come up here. We definitely don't need people this dumb in the master race.

You're the one misinformed if you think pc has 100% BC with no issues lol, massively misinformed.
#308icarus231Posted 4/12/2013 7:32:44 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...

You're the one misinformed if you think pc has 100% BC with no issues lol, massively misinformed.

This is the one and only time he is correct. PC is not 100% bc
#309metalmariolordPosted 4/12/2013 11:22:43 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...

I do have a PC and I spend more time making the game run than playing it...
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#310psxphreakPosted 4/12/2013 11:33:51 AM
Ive been a Nintendo fan since I got my NES in 1988.

Nintendo's image isnt cool anymore. Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Castlevania, etc etc, all of these great 3rd party franchises got their start on Nintendo, but Nintendo's insistence on bringing low-power, propietary controllers, online deficient consoles to market has ruined their image.

The Wii U and its branding look like a childs toy. Blue Wii U cases (with that yellow stripe) look like they belong on a Fischer-Price "learn how to count and spell!" Gaming console youd see at Toys R Us.

Nintendo has a serious image problem amd its their own fault. Nobody asked for a controller with a screen. Modt of us would rather a console with more horsepower, a "cooler" name/branding and decent 3rd party support.

A new 3D Mario game with all kinds of tutorials (treating us like idiots) and ridiculous "whoo hoos" coming out of the speaker every 1.5 seconds isnt going to fix things.

The company needs to fail in order to wakeup and realize they need to change.