Why does everyone want Nintendo to "lose"?

#411beetle717Posted 4/17/2013 2:49:18 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Because the wii and wiiU are objectively bad consoles which are behind feature wise and hardware wise have horrible third party support and in the case of the wii spread shovelware through the industry like a plague. People want Nintendo to either make a competent console or go third party so they don't have to buy a crappy console to play their games.

Well someone doesn't know what objectively bad. Objectively implies a fact not your personal opinion.
---
Why is it my dog can hold it's bladder for 8 hours while I'm at work but only 25 mins when I'm home?
#412LordrvPosted 4/17/2013 8:10:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#413darkqueenhelbaPosted 4/17/2013 5:32:21 PM
Smackdowner1 posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...
Hate to burst your bubble but Nintendo has had gimmicks since day freakin one .

Do you not understand the difference between aftermarket peripherals and the systems default controller?

Yes, Nintendo has always had gimmicks but it's not like they made you play Super Mario Bros with the freakin' Power Pad.

No. But they had the D-pad and two buttons. So, there ya go.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#414darealest47Posted 4/17/2013 5:37:21 PM
To 500!
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#415Number_0nePosted 4/17/2013 6:02:52 PM
Lordrv posted...
[random and strange rant]

Ummm...What?
---
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
#416l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 4/18/2013 4:39:31 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
Smackdowner1 posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...
Hate to burst your bubble but Nintendo has had gimmicks since day freakin one .

Do you not understand the difference between aftermarket peripherals and the systems default controller?

Yes, Nintendo has always had gimmicks but it's not like they made you play Super Mario Bros with the freakin' Power Pad.

No. But they had the D-pad and two buttons. So, there ya go.

A D-Pad and two buttons is a gimmick?
---
"I'm not sick of Nintendo making good games. Just like I'm not sick of pizza, sex, and Doctor Who." - BlackWizardMagus
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#417soupbandit1Posted 4/18/2013 4:48:22 AM
Buretsu posted...
21_21 posted...
Buretsu posted...
21_21 posted...
Oh please. One thing I found out is that you label anyone who disagrees with you is a fanboy of another product. Typical Nintendo fanboy mentality.

Yeah, first you called someone a troll because you THOUGHT they were saying something about the PS3's library. And then you called someone a fanboy because they thought that Nintendo games were fun and had good graphics.

What do you expect? If someone said on the internet 2+2=5, it doesn't mean I'm supposed to assume he meant 4. I will never know if he wrote 4 on purpose or not. I will assume he wrote the statement as fact unless he edited or stated it a mistake.

Likewise, he said the WiiU had more games worth getting than PS 3 ACCORDING TO HIS POST. He says that's not what he meant, but if you write one thing, no one can read your mind, so you will take what is written literally rather than the exact opposite.

I don't see how this is a hard concept to grasp.

You didn't even take it literally.

"Even the PS3 is hard to find good games." There are over 700 PS3 games. Statistically speaking, how many of those games will a given individual find to be 'good'? Maybe 5%? Literally, it's hard to find good games because there are so many games.

But, no, you take a flying leap straight to "BLARGH TEH PS3 HAS NO GAMEZ LOLOL"

Dude calm down you dork, don't get so worked up over materialistic things.
#418Numbuh100Posted 4/18/2013 5:55:01 AM
GEKGanon posted...
I don't get it. Everytime Nintendo releases new hardware, some gamers prance around gleefully hoping and declaring this will be the time the company folds. Why? What sort of pettiness motivates a person to derive joy from the idea of a business failing, more poignantly, a business these specific people have no personal investment in?

More confounding though, why bother even trying to call it early? When PS1 overtook N64, people said Nintendo was done for. That was SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO. During the lifecycle of the GameCube, everyone said Nintendo was done for, there was no way Nintendo could turn their fortunes around... aaaaaaaand then they did, with the Wii raking in gobs of cash and demolishing the competition. And yet as the Wii started winding down, here come the doomsayers again proclaiming Nintendo's emminent demise. Then Nintendo releases the 3DS; rough start, bad sales, near-instant price drop, and Nintendo once again inevitably done for with no hope of redemption... which they once again manage to pull off.

So now we have the Wii U, with its history-repeating bumpy start. Have you doomsayers not learned anything? At the very least, you owe it to yourselves to keep your collective mouth shut and wait to see what happens, rather than play the part of the fool once again for the seventeenth year in a row.

LOL No. That never happened. N64 was a winning console.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#419deathwave21Posted 4/18/2013 6:21:24 AM
Sony and MS fanboys want Nintendo to fail so they can have Nintendo's franchises on their systems.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? If so, contact the Detroit Lakes, Minnesota USMC Recruiting Office
#420supremeblasterPosted 4/18/2013 6:27:24 AM
Numbuh100 posted...
GEKGanon posted...
I don't get it. Everytime Nintendo releases new hardware, some gamers prance around gleefully hoping and declaring this will be the time the company folds. Why? What sort of pettiness motivates a person to derive joy from the idea of a business failing, more poignantly, a business these specific people have no personal investment in?

More confounding though, why bother even trying to call it early? When PS1 overtook N64, people said Nintendo was done for. That was SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO. During the lifecycle of the GameCube, everyone said Nintendo was done for, there was no way Nintendo could turn their fortunes around... aaaaaaaand then they did, with the Wii raking in gobs of cash and demolishing the competition. And yet as the Wii started winding down, here come the doomsayers again proclaiming Nintendo's emminent demise. Then Nintendo releases the 3DS; rough start, bad sales, near-instant price drop, and Nintendo once again inevitably done for with no hope of redemption... which they once again manage to pull off.

So now we have the Wii U, with its history-repeating bumpy start. Have you doomsayers not learned anything? At the very least, you owe it to yourselves to keep your collective mouth shut and wait to see what happens, rather than play the part of the fool once again for the seventeenth year in a row.

LOL No. That never happened. N64 was a winning console.

NO.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles