How Does The PS3 Having No Games Compare To The Wii U's Current "State"

#1TransdudePosted 4/5/2013 11:31:35 AM
I remember hearing that the PS3 didn't really have any games a while after it was out, how does that compare to people saying that the Wii U needs more games?
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747 | Nintendo Network ID: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#2fhsfootball74Posted 4/5/2013 11:32:42 AM
The first year owning a PS3 was rough. Once Uncharted and MGS4 hit though things really took off.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
Blue Jackets, Bengals, Ohio State, Reds, and Columbus Crew Fan
#3Transdude(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 12:08:19 PM
Then why are people attacking the Wii U?
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747 | Nintendo Network ID: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#4IloveElitePosted 4/5/2013 12:10:45 PM
PS3 had F1:CE and Tiger Woods at launch, which both kept me going until Oblivion hit.

Wii U has uh... nothing worth buying right now. :(
I wish they'd give me something I can buy, C'mon wheres Pikmin 3?
#5FF_FiendPosted 4/5/2013 12:12:44 PM
IloveElite posted...
PS3 had F1:CE and Tiger Woods at launch, which both kept me going until Oblivion hit.

Wii U has uh... nothing worth buying right now. :(
I wish they'd give me something I can buy, C'mon wheres Pikmin 3?

Tiger would be awesome on the Wii U. Remember that demo where they had the gamepad on the ground with the image of a golf ball, and you swung your wii mote at it so that it looked as though the ball were traveling from your gamepad to the screen? I thought that was such a nice subtle gimmick that would've really made the Tiger games more immersive.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#6G1243Posted 4/5/2013 12:16:52 PM
PS3 was not an in-between console based on last generation tech.
It also did not have 3rd party support slipping from it's fingers, and alienate EA.
PS3 worked with 3rd party developers to establish a relationship. The future was bright for PS3, or at the very least could only go "up".

Although I have to say, the PS3's pricepoint was very high initially, and anyone that bought one before the price drop got bamboozled (cue Jack Trenton CNBC "damage control" interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFIDsTsWJHw). Just like the early adopters for the Wii U right now.

Once PS3's price point dropped and good games started coming out, then it's value increased. Wii U has a harder future ahead.

PS3 also was made clear to consumers it was the next console beyond the PS2. I don't think the general public were quite informed between the Wii and the Wii U differences.
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
#7rudgerlightPosted 4/5/2013 12:17:25 PM
Transdude posted...
Then why are people attacking the Wii U?

The games out appeal to a very different demographic....plus short-term memory loss mixed with heavy denial. It also didn't hurt that it was the cheapest BluRay player, so the cost was justified for some people without having any games if you cared about those things.

For Sony's sake, I hope they launch with a real killer game at launch, otherwise I wouldn't want to go visiting the PS4 board for a little while. Maybe that Media Molecule game will make user created games easier than imaginable and they'll never run out.....doubtful, but here's hoping.
#8TalesRevenantPosted 4/5/2013 1:14:54 PM
G1243 posted...
It also did not have 3rd party support slipping from it's fingers, and alienate EA.
PS3 worked with 3rd party developers to establish a relationship. The future was bright for PS3, or at the very least could only go "up".

Although I have to say, the PS3's pricepoint was very high initially, and anyone that bought one before the price drop got bamboozled (cue Jack Trenton CNBC "damage control" interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFIDsTsWJHw). Just like the early adopters for the Wii U right now.

Once PS3's price point dropped and good games started coming out, then it's value increased. Wii U has a harder future ahead.

PS3 also was made clear to consumers it was the next console beyond the PS2. I don't think the general public were quite informed between the Wii and the Wii U differences.

This. Essentially.

The Wii U is in horrible condition, and it's future is going to be difficult. Where else, the PS3 started, it started with actual attention and support coming within the year, which the Wii U still does not have.

Only people who will say the PS3 is just as bad as the Wii U launch are the fanboys.
---
Currently playing:
Ni No Kuni, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#9RockD79Posted 4/5/2013 2:30:26 PM
TalesRevanant posted...
G1243 posted...

This. Essentially.

The Wii U is in horrible condition, and it's future is going to be difficult. Where else, the PS3 started, it started with actual attention and support coming within the year, which the Wii U still does not have.

Only people who will say the PS3 is just as bad as the Wii U launch are the fanboys.

Dude the PS3 was the same steamy pile of crap this time in 2007. I didn't get one till after it hit $400 then got MGS4, Killzone and Uncharted. Its no different than Wii U now. PS3 didn't blossom over night. It takes time.
#10The_BoredomsPosted 4/5/2013 2:32:35 PM
They're comparable because they're both completely unacceptable situations.