I kinda feel bad for the MH3 Ultimate devs

#21Bahamut_10thPosted 4/5/2013 3:07:17 PM
The_Djoker posted...
The_King82 posted...
Yeah, they should have released it on a real console.

They did

just imagine how much money they would have needed to make this avaible for PS3/360.

Fixed.
#22BkzSlashPosted 4/5/2013 3:17:01 PM
I tried the demo and the game was awful.
I don't feel bad for them at all, on't make terrible games.
#23SoaringDivePosted 4/5/2013 3:21:35 PM
The_Djoker posted...
The_King82 posted...

They did

just imagine how much money they would have made if this was on PS3/360.

Actually, probably not very much. The audience just simply isn't there on 360 - it isn't a generic shooter for kids, nor is it a game about dancing about.

I could see it selling well on PS3, due to the series successes on PS2 and PSP. But PS3 is crap to develop for, and I can't begin to imagine what terrible trophies they'd have for the game.

"Grind Rathalos 100 times"
"Grind Ceadeus 100 times"
"Make ____ weapon by grinding ____ and getting lucky"

I don't see Monster Hunter doing well on a console with (mandatory) achievements/trophies. People will realize what the game actually boils down to.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#24cmincPosted 4/5/2013 5:19:22 PM
BkzSlash posted...
I tried the demo and the game was awful.
I don't feel bad for them at all, on't make terrible games.

I downloaded it, played it and hated it, too. I also called it terrible and, overall, just did not like the feel of the game. Then people started telling me the demo sucks "this," it doesnt offer "that" and i totally ignored them and moved on.

Then, for whatever reason, a week or so later, i checked the mh board and liked the community i saw enough to redownload the demo and make it a point to kill that damn bunny monster within the time limit and without dying. After playing to strategy, not wilsly, finding a weapon that suits my playstyle and becoming comfy with the controls, im happy to now be able to argue that mh is not terrible. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I think you should try to kill that monster bunny, man. The controls are only messed up because youve not played long enough to figure out why these controls work the best. Its an acquired taste, but theres something to the hooplah this games getting.
---
---
#25sonicsonicPosted 4/5/2013 5:31:34 PM
They cancelled MH3 for the PS3 a long time ago and released it on Wii. They must have some kind of weird MH3 exclusive deal going on.

Either way... supposedly the sales are going alright.
#26ChipChippersonPosted 4/5/2013 6:11:24 PM
My mom says I look like a lion
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#27zeroalphamaxPosted 4/5/2013 6:26:38 PM
sonicsonic posted...
They cancelled MH3 for the PS3 a long time ago and released it on Wii. They must have some kind of weird MH3 exclusive deal going on.

Either way... supposedly the sales are going alright.

3 was never destined to be on ps3,what WAS supposed to be on ps3 was the HD port of portable 3rd,which was released in japan,but sony wanted capcom to add trophies before theyd allow it to be localized so capcom told them to screw off and went to nintendo exclusive
---
Official Heatran of the White 2 board-White 2 FC:5415 7704 4311
Official Lagiacrus of the MH3U board
#28Shinobi120Posted 4/5/2013 6:45:31 PM(edited)
The_Djoker posted...
The_King82 posted...

They did

just imagine how much money they would have made if this was on PS3/360.

LMAO. The PS3 has already gotten plenty of MH games in Japan. And the 360? Ha! Get out of here. They couldn't even sell most of the Japanese made genres such as JRPG's, Hack & Slash games, & Fighting games on that platform compared to the PS3.
#29The_DjokerPosted 4/8/2013 2:22:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#30justsumdude899Posted 4/8/2013 2:29:32 PM
Um... one, I'm pretty sure this wasn't an expensive game to develop. And two, Monster Hunter is huge in certain regions.
---
Playing: Bioshock Infinite (PS3), Lego, City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), Luigi's Mansion (3DS)