Wii > Wii U. 2 words why this is true.

#1DewittluvsLizPosted 4/5/2013 12:02:08 PM
Gamecube Games.

Wii is simply the better value for now. I really want to get a Wii U, however, Im amazed at the lack of games this system has. Nintendo can overnight at the very least port over Gamecube games to a virtual console and give 20 of them to first adopters to hold them over until Wii U ramps up.

But, for now, nothing. And, I am simply going to watch the price drop more and wait for more streamline version of the system, which you know Nintendo will manufacture by the holidays.
#2Schwepps01Posted 4/5/2013 12:19:51 PM
I wouldnt even go as far as using the argument that Gamecube games are supposed to "tide you over" because if I was going to use them anyways to make up for softwsre I would have kept my Gamecube and waited for a price drop.
#3dark trunksPosted 4/5/2013 12:21:45 PM
You know, I have my Wii and my Wii U right next to each other.

So, I can play my Wii U games, and I can play my Wii games and Gamecube games on the Wii.

So there you go. Problem solved. You can enjoy what the Wii U has now, if there is anything you want to enjoy, and still play your Gamecube games.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#4FF_FiendPosted 4/5/2013 12:29:01 PM
Yes, we know the way Nintendo handles its virtual console is piss-poor. They're sitting on a goldmine and just refuse to make money.

That said, I still have my gamecube. It's just that gamecube games are EXPENSIVE to buy online now that they're difficult to find. Just had to buy the first Luigi's Mansion for 40 bucks off Amazon. I really should've hit up gamestop for cube games when they were basically giving them away to get rid of them. Saw a lot of games then for like 8 bucks a pop that I convinced myself I didn't really want. Now they're all online for 30+ until Nintendo releases them on the VC
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#5PraetorXynPosted 4/5/2013 12:33:39 PM
FF_Fiend posted...
Yes, we know the way Nintendo handles its virtual console is piss-poor. They're sitting on a goldmine and just refuse to make money.

That said, I still have my gamecube. It's just that gamecube games are EXPENSIVE to buy online now that they're difficult to find. Just had to buy the first Luigi's Mansion for 40 bucks off Amazon. I really should've hit up gamestop for cube games when they were basically giving them away to get rid of them. Saw a lot of games then for like 8 bucks a pop that I convinced myself I didn't really want. Now they're all online for 30+ until Nintendo releases them on the VC

http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/
#6FF_FiendPosted 4/5/2013 12:42:46 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
FF_Fiend posted...

http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/

There are those of us who still think piracy is still a bad thing.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#7The_BoredomsPosted 4/5/2013 12:47:57 PM
FF_Fiend posted...

When the only entity losing a sale is a seller on eBay, it's pretty much fine.
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 4/5/2013 12:49:56 PM
back then i didn't need gc games to "tide me over," i was too busy playing multiplayer wii sports, wii play, zelda and warioware to care. but times have changed, wii u does not have that same "family multiplayer" appeal wii did, and admittedly gamers(including me) are becoming less satisfied with one or two games to last a few months.
#9DonomegaPosted 4/5/2013 12:53:29 PM
DewittluvsLiz posted...
Gamecube Games.

So? The Wii U can play Wii games, could the Wii do...wait! Okay you win
---
PSN: RobbieDaCool | NNID: RobDaCool | 3DS: 0903-4184-6816
#10ThePCElitistPosted 4/5/2013 1:28:16 PM
Quote:FF_Fiend posted...

When the only entity losing a sale is a seller on eBay, it's pretty much fine.

@The_Boredoms
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10