Well, one thing Nintendo has that Sony and Microsoft don't is class.

#31suprsoliderPosted 4/5/2013 7:27:18 PM
While it's true that the PS brand existed because of Sony, it's now just one system away from being extinct (the PS4).
---

The same can be said about the Wii U since it is flopping hard, games are being cancelled left and right. Noone wants to make games for it.

And Sony has first party games that sell.

Infamous 1 and 2 - Sony OWNS Sucker Punch
God of War - Santa Monica Studios again owned by Sony
Uncharted - Naughty Dog again another studio owned by Sony

Those are just 3 examples, I can name more.
Sony has released more new IP's this gen than Nintendo has in the last 2 gens.
Sony's new IP's are Infamous,Resistance, Little Big Planet, Fat Princess, Playstation Battle All Stars, Journey, just to name a few.
What has Nintendo brought lately, Pikmin, Wii Fit,Wii Party,Wii Play. So basically nothing.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#32icarus231Posted 4/5/2013 7:34:50 PM
suprsolider posted...
While it's true that the PS brand existed because of Sony, it's now just one system away from being extinct (the PS4).
---

The same can be said about the Wii U since it is flopping hard, games are being cancelled left and right. Noone wants to make games for it.

Sony's new IP's are Infamous,Resistance, Little Big Planet, Fat Princess, Playstation Battle All Stars, Journey, just to name a few.
What has Nintendo brought lately, Pikmin, Wii Fit,Wii Party,Wii Play. So basically nothing.

sony games sell? Almost every nintendo game you mentioned outsold the sony ones you did. Are sony fans really this delusional?
#33Enigma149Posted 4/5/2013 7:36:12 PM
Asuir posted...
deathslove posted...
The_DOAM posted...
sentoworf posted...
icarus231 posted...
that and first party games that sell

Gears of War
Halo
God of War

Gears of War-Locust have been cleansed
Halo-No Bungie
God of War- Zeus is dealt with

These games will be replaced by new IP's in the next gen and new IP's are risky. Problem is all three games fell victim to trilogy syndrom. Halo not so much as the other two and especially gears 3 ending.

1.Intro
2.Filler
3.End

How is that a bad thing? New IPs is always a good thing. I don't like playing the same game over and over again (well sometimes I do) But I don't base my enjoyment of them on how well they sell or if they have made 100 games with the same character.

108*. Get it right.

Out of curiosity, is that total including or excluding the CDi game?
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#34icarus231Posted 4/5/2013 7:38:47 PM
gamebuyer22 posted...
@Icarus

Well US and Europe both had Mario Kart bundles. 14.5m US and 12m in Europe. Sold under 4m in Japan because hmm..... wasnt bundled in Japan. Otherwise would probably sell 4-6 million in US. NSMB wii has bloated sales figures because of bundle as well.

so what your saying is mario kart is a system seller and responsible for almost a third of all the wii sales?
#35Shinobi120Posted 4/5/2013 8:21:09 PM(edited)
suprsolider posted...
The same can be said about the Wii U since it is flopping hard, games are being cancelled left and right. No one wants to make games for it.

Unlike Sony, Nintendo has more than enough money to make another platform, even if the Wii U bombs hard.

Sony, however, needs the PS4 to be very successful. They don't have the kind of money or many profitable divisions left to make a PS5.
#36strongo9Posted 4/5/2013 10:07:19 PM
Nintendo employees have always had more tact.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#37omescythePosted 4/5/2013 10:20:46 PM
so sonys got no money but at least they try. what does nintendo do with all its money. basically nothing.
#38msunshinePosted 4/5/2013 10:29:55 PM
suprsolider posted...
---

I wish gamefaqs forced sony users to chefk their facts before posting.
---
Current playthrough: 67 stars. Bundled games are NOT games sold!
#39mokmuudPosted 4/5/2013 10:39:01 PM
icarus231 posted...
gamebuyer22 posted...
@Icarus

Well US and Europe both had Mario Kart bundles. 14.5m US and 12m in Europe. Sold under 4m in Japan because hmm..... wasnt bundled in Japan. Otherwise would probably sell 4-6 million in US. NSMB wii has bloated sales figures because of bundle as well.

so what your saying is mario kart is a system seller and responsible for almost a third of all the wii sales?

So what's god of war and halo's excuse both came in a bundle.
---
PSN: Mokmuud Dragon's Dogma pawn: Kristen
#40suprsoliderPosted 4/6/2013 4:27:39 AM
sony games sell? Almost every nintendo game you mentioned outsold the sony ones you did. Are sony fans really this delusional?
---

1)I am not a Sony fanboy

2) I was answering to a blanket statement that Sony's games don't sell when that is far from the truth. Only Nintendo fanboys spout sales numbers and that Nintendo's games outsold all of PS's exclusive titles. I never said they didn't, all I was say was Sony's games do sell quite a number as well. So does Microsoft's exclusive games such as Gears of War and Halo.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105