Well, one thing Nintendo has that Sony and Microsoft don't is class.

#41MegaWinFTWPosted 4/6/2013 5:01:50 AM
suprsolider posted...
sony games sell? Almost every nintendo game you mentioned outsold the sony ones you did. Are sony fans really this delusional?
---

1)I am not a Sony fanboy

2) I was answering to a blanket statement that Sony's games don't sell when that is far from the truth. Only Nintendo fanboys spout sales numbers and that Nintendo's games outsold all of PS's exclusive titles. I never said they didn't, all I was say was Sony's games do sell quite a number as well. So does Microsoft's exclusive games such as Gears of War and Halo.

In the eyes of some people if you aren't needlessly bashing anything Sony related you have to be a fanboy, I have no idea why they're so upset that anyone could see any value in anything PlayStation related but there you have it.

Sony do have a wide range of first party titles that do sell in the millions, the fact that Nintendo first party games tend to sell better doesn't detract from that. Ever since the N64 Nintendo consoles have pretty much only had first party titles to rely on, when something sells as much as the Wii and there's that much of a shortage of games the good ones will inevitably do amazingly, when you look at the sales of the same series on the Gamecube it puts it in perspective.

Nintendo first party games are good, I just don't know why some people find it so hard to accept that they aren't the only ones allowed to have popular, successful, high quality first party games.

If they aren't making wildly overblown comments on Sony's financial situation (they've been losing money but have been nowhere near bankruptcy, especially since Kaz Hirai took over) they're downplaying their games. The only reason I can see for such fervent hatred is fear which is just quite sad.
#42DarkAdonis123Posted 4/6/2013 5:13:53 AM
icarus231 posted...
Did i list those. Mario kart sold 34mil which is more then the ps3s top 6 games added together.

Of course it sold 34 mil. I was 1 of those people who bought it. When first party is pretty much all the console has, surprise, the first party games are going to sell.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#43icarus231Posted 4/6/2013 5:59:42 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
icarus231 posted...
Did i list those. Mario kart sold 34mil which is more then the ps3s top 6 games added together.

Of course it sold 34 mil. I was 1 of those people who bought it. When first party is pretty much all the console has, surprise, the first party games are going to sell.

The wii released more titles then the other 2. While you might not like those titles they still existed. The wii also sold almost 300 mil more software units then the ps3. So your statement is just wrong.
#44zatOMGPosted 4/6/2013 6:08:41 AM
suprsolider posted...
While it's true that the PS brand existed because of Sony, it's now just one system away from being extinct (the PS4).
---

The same can be said about the Wii U since it is flopping hard, games are being cancelled left and right. Noone wants to make games for it.

And Sony has first party games that sell.

Infamous 1 and 2 - Sony OWNS Sucker Punch
God of War - Santa Monica Studios again owned by Sony
Uncharted - Naughty Dog again another studio owned by Sony

Those are just 3 examples, I can name more.
Sony has released more new IP's this gen than Nintendo has in the last 2 gens.
Sony's new IP's are Infamous,Resistance, Little Big Planet, Fat Princess, Playstation Battle All Stars, Journey, just to name a few.
What has Nintendo brought lately, Pikmin, Wii Fit,Wii Party,Wii Play. So basically nothing.

How come you include Sony downloadables as new IP{s but ignore all the new download only IPs Nintendo has introduced. 'Cuz yer cool, thats why!
#45DarkAdonis123Posted 4/6/2013 6:38:35 AM
icarus231 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
icarus231 posted...

The wii released more titles then the other 2. While you might not like those titles they still existed. The wii also sold almost 300 mil more software units then the ps3. So your statement is just wrong.

My statement isn't wrong at all. Outside of first party games, 90%+ of everything else for the Wii was absolute shovelware. It's not hard to sell a lot of software when you have no competition. Not mention anything with Mario's name on it sells. No one is denying that Nintendo's software outsells others, but you're purposely leaving out key points as to why just to make your argument seem stronger.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#46icarus231Posted 4/6/2013 9:06:31 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
icarus231 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
icarus231 posted...

My statement isn't wrong at all. Outside of first party games, 90%+ of everything else for the Wii was absolute shovelware. It's not hard to sell a lot of software when you have no competition. Not mention anything with Mario's name on it sells. No one is denying that Nintendo's software outsells others, but you're purposely leaving out key points as to why just to make your argument seem stronger.

My entire point was nintendo software sells well which the other 2 dont have
#47pearl arowanaPosted 4/6/2013 9:17:58 AM
yeah.. nintendo can sell very underpower hardware with premium price.. ka-ching!
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#48MegaWinFTWPosted 4/6/2013 9:21:40 AM
icarus231 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
icarus231 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
icarus231 posted...

My entire point was nintendo software sells well which the other 2 dont have

But they do have software that sells, to say otherwise is ignorant. Does Halo not sell? Or Gran Turismo? Or Uncharted. Seriously, reign in the fanboyism.
#49ILikesCheesePosted 4/6/2013 9:24:40 AM
icarus231 posted...
sentoworf posted...

Gears of War
Halo
God of War

Not one of those games broke 10mil. If you add up all 6 of the ps3 top games they still didnt sell as much as the wii's 2nd best game

Oh yes, that HALO series hasn't sold near as well as Tank! Tank! Tank! and ZombieU. So...Is this a failed troll attempt, or just a failed post due to it being, you know, wrong and stuff?

From Wikipedia:

"Fueled by the success of Halo: Combat Evolved, and immense marketing campaigns from publisher Microsoft, its sequels went on to break various sales records. Halo 3 sold more than US$170 million worth of copies in the first twenty-four hours of release, breaking the record set by Halo 2 three years prior. Halo: Reach, in turn, broke the record set by Halo 3, selling US$200 million worth of copies on its first day of release. Continuing the trend, Halo 4 broke Halo: Reach's record on its opening day by grossing US$220 million. The games have sold over 50 million copies worldwide, with the games alone grossing almost $3.4 billion."

Ouch. Somebody got spanked.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#50legendofskylandPosted 4/6/2013 9:29:13 AM
If Sony games don't sell then how did Uncharted 3 sell almost a million more copies than Skyward Sword?

Disclaimer: NOT SAYING NINTENDO GAMES DON"T SELL.JUST SAYING SONY GAMES DO INDEED SELL.