Well, one thing Nintendo has that Sony and Microsoft don't is class.

#51icarus231Posted 4/6/2013 9:52:41 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
icarus231 posted...
sentoworf posted...

Gears of War
Halo
God of War

Not one of those games broke 10mil. If you add up all 6 of the ps3 top games they still didnt sell as much as the wii's 2nd best game

Oh yes, that HALO series hasn't sold near as well as Tank! Tank! Tank! and ZombieU. So...Is this a failed troll attempt, or just a failed post due to it being, you know, wrong and stuff?

From Wikipedia:

"Fueled by the success of Halo: Combat Evolved, and immense marketing campaigns from publisher Microsoft, its sequels went on to break various sales records. Halo 3 sold more than US$170 million worth of copies in the first twenty-four hours of release, breaking the record set by Halo 2 three years prior. Halo: Reach, in turn, broke the record set by Halo 3, selling US$200 million worth of copies on its first day of release. Continuing the trend, Halo 4 broke Halo: Reach's record on its opening day by grossing US$220 million. The games have sold over 50 million copies worldwide, with the games alone grossing almost $3.4 billion."

Ouch. Somebody got spanked.

:D

Where is that because wiki says otherwise

"Sales
Halo 4 grossed US$220 million on its launch day, with an estimated gross of $300 million in its opening week, marking a new record for the franchise.[1] More than one million people played Halo 4 on Xbox Live within the first 24 hours of release.[2] While Halo 4 debuted at the top of the UK Video Games Chart and became the eighteenth biggest launch ever in the UK, it failed to beat the week one sales records of Halo 3 and Halo: Reach.[168] U.S. retail tracking firm NPD reported that Halo 4 was the second most sold retail video game of November 2012, the third most sold retail video game of December 2012, and the third most sold retail video game of year.[169][170] As of the December 6, 2012, the game has sold approximately four million copies.[3] In 2012, Halo 4 was the third most played game on Xbox Live based on average unique users per day.["
#52icarus231Posted 4/6/2013 9:53:57 AM
legendofskyland posted...
If Sony games don't sell then how did Uncharted 3 sell almost a million more copies than Skyward Sword?

Disclaimer: NOT SAYING NINTENDO GAMES DON"T SELL.JUST SAYING SONY GAMES DO INDEED SELL.

Do you honestly think sony could make it entirely on 1st party?
#53icarus231Posted 4/6/2013 9:59:54 AM
MegaWinFTW posted...

But they do have software that sells, to say otherwise is ignorant. Does Halo not sell? Or Gran Turismo? Or Uncharted. Seriously, reign in the fanboyism.

Gran turismos 9.19mil in sales is good but if i ran a company i would rather take the 9 titles over 10 mil that nintendo had. Its not fanboyism as i have multiple systems its just being logical.
#54DarkMasterShakePosted 4/6/2013 10:13:34 AM
omescythe posted...
so sonys got no money but at least they try. what does nintendo do with all its money. basically nothing.

This. Except the basically nothing part. They do somethings, but not enough for Nintendo fanboys too try and take cheap shots at Sony about sells. All they are proving is people are willing to spend more money on the same thing over and over.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#55MegaWinFTWPosted 4/6/2013 10:26:26 AM
icarus231 posted...
MegaWinFTW posted...

But they do have software that sells, to say otherwise is ignorant. Does Halo not sell? Or Gran Turismo? Or Uncharted. Seriously, reign in the fanboyism.

Gran turismos 9.19mil in sales is good but if i ran a company i would rather take the 9 titles over 10 mil that nintendo had. Its not fanboyism as i have multiple systems its just being logical.

They'd rather they sell 100 million, a game could always sell more. It doesn't mean that it can't still have good sales. Saying only Nintendo have first party games that sell is incredibly fanboyish no matter what excuse you may try and use.
#56UnitePosted 4/6/2013 10:29:49 AM
Tc seems bitter , is that cause his wii u is collecting dust?