CNN- Miyamoto Interview

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/5/2013 7:16:52 PM
The Nintendo Wii U has seen its star dim somewhat since its launch in November 2012. Worldwide sales numbers for the console have been disappointing and some gamers have complained that the number of desirable games for the system hasn't grown quickly enough.

However, the man who brought to life Nintendo legends like Mario, Link and Donkey Kong is preaching patience with the console, saying the Wii U, with its touchscreen controller that augments big-screen play, is so different that it will take time for people to understand its real value.

Shigeru Miyamoto is Nintendo's most successful video game designer, creating some of the world's most popular franchises with "Donkey Kong," "Super Mario Bros.," "The Legend of Zelda" and "Pikmin" before eventually turning his attention to the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

Through a translator, Miyamoto told CNN.com that having a second screen for gaming in the living room is a new experience for gamers.

Read the full article here:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/05/tech/gaming-gadgets/nintendo-miyamoto-wii-u/
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Mirror of Fate, Monster Hunter 3U
#2P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 8:58:56 PM
Bump
---
#3P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:57:01 AM
Bump
---
#4DBPanterAPosted 4/6/2013 10:36:46 AM
Nice read, but it doesn't answer the all might question of the fact that there is very little on the horizon for retail games.

I actually looked at all my friends on the Wii U yesterday, there was a good portion that have not signed on in days, while a handful has not signed on in weeks.

It's all about the games, and the Wii U needs to start churning them out.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#5thundercat2600Posted 4/6/2013 10:40:31 AM
Shigeru Miyamoto in 1995: "it will take some time for people to understand how great 3D VR gaming is. I'm sure sales will explode any month now."
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#6P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 12:16:21 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Shigeru Miyamoto in 1995: "it will take some time for people to understand how great 3D VR gaming is. I'm sure sales will explode any month now."

Source. And relevance?
---
#7Enigma149Posted 4/6/2013 12:20:18 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Source. And relevance?

He won't find one. Miyamoto himself said he never expected the unit to sell over 200,000, and that he felt as though it should have been marketed as such - not a "must have" device, but a "Hey - this is fun, and you might like it" device, and that the device was doomed without major games.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#8thundercat2600Posted 4/6/2013 12:38:50 PM
thundercat2600 posted...

Source. And relevance?

Relevance is that companies ALWAYS insist things will pick up eventually when they've launched a flop. What did you expect Miyamoto to say? "Yeah we are shocked that this stinker is selling worse than the 360 or PS3 ever did in their worst months, and it really sucks of us that third party devs have already abandoned the platform"?
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#9adampeltzPosted 4/6/2013 12:39:23 PM
Enigma149 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Source. And relevance?

He won't find one. Miyamoto himself said he never expected the unit to sell over 200,000, and that he felt as though it should have been marketed as such - not a "must have" device, but a "Hey - this is fun, and you might like it" device, and that the device was doomed without major games.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106748-Miyamoto-Virtual-Boy-Not-a-Failure-Just-Misunderstood
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#10Enigma149Posted 4/6/2013 12:40:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]