So... who's for Castlevania Judgment 2?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So... who's for Castlevania Judgment 2?
2 years ago#1
Yes, it wasn't that great, but what if Konami revamped it for make it better and gave us the ultimate fighting game experience for Castlevania fans out there?

My ideas:
Roster
Returning
Simon Belmont
Alucard
Sypha Belnades
Grant DaNasty
Maria Renard
Golem
Eric LaCarde
Carmilla
Cornell
Trevor Belmont
Shanoa
Death
Dracula
Aeon

(No-brainer, I want them all back)

Newcomers
Richter Belmont
Jonathan Morris
Charlotte Aulin
Stella Lecarde
Loretta Lecarde
Albus
Soma Cruz
Carrie Fernandez
Hector
Sonia Belmont*
Gabriel Belmont*

*ok, before flaming me, Judgment uses the time-space continuum, so basically, alternate timelines could be exploited.

Visual changes to characters
- Eliminate the Customization feature, because it was useless.
- Give us multiples alternate costumes instead, being based on the original game designs and Obata's designs (some people like them, let's respect that). A few examples include:
* Shanoa with her Ecclesia outfit and her long hair; if the game engine is shaky, just make it that she ties her hair in a bun or a ponytail. Oh, and give me her end-game personality too.
* Grant as an actual pirate, not a mummy.
* Eric as an adult by with the Bloodlines and the Portrait of Ruin designs.
* Simon, Trevor and Alucard with their Mirror of Fate designs.
* Cornell in human form.
* Aeon will need a few new custom outfits.
* Dracula with several new outfits, although I'm not asking for ALL of them.
* Maria as an adult like in Symphony of the Night; that would get rid of that annoying completely out-of-character personality she had in Judgment. Obata's Judgment costume would have to be adapted though.

Gameplay change
- Make it an actual 3D fighter like Tekken or Soul Calibur; the running around part was not fun.
- Have 3 meters per character: health, magic/sub-weapon and hyper attacks; the heart system was not fun as some matches turned into scavenger hunts.
- Remove "Trap"-like attacks; those were useless... but they could be converted into actual attacks though.
- Better online; duh...
- Have 3 hyper attacks per character and make them shorter... and/or skippable.
- Castle Mode should return, but without the annoying save points, random encounters and emptied meters upon retries; just make it a standard challenge mode.
- Have tutorials for every character, in addition of the basics.
- Have actual 1- to 3-minute long CGI cutscenes as arcade/story prologues and epilogues instead of text blocks; the intro in Judgment was well done, but it's the ONLY thing that was in CGI.
- Have a checkpoint for Story Mode, so you don't have to restart it again once you cleared it; that might not be re-used, but if so, just give me a checkpoint. P4A has that for its Story Mode.
- Fill Story Mode with more dialogues.
- Remove the minor enemies.
- Double, if not triple the soundtrack; do I need to explain why ^_^ ?

System change
- I'm posting this on the Wii U board because Judgment was on the Wii, but this game could, and should be Wii U, PS3 and X60.

So, what do you think?
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
2 years ago#2
The first one was atrocious. Why would you want another one?
---
Currently playing:
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and Scribblenauts Unlimited
2 years ago#3
You had me until you included characters from LoS.
2 years ago#4
I'm about as big a Castlevania fan as there is and i could barely stand that game.
There's almost no chance in hell of a sequel. Probably for the better.
2 years ago#5
Bahamut_10th posted...
You had me until you included characters from LoP (Lords of Plagiarism).

Fix'd
---
"Saying Metroid Other M is better than the Prime Trilogy because you hate shooters is like saying Aliens:CM is better than FF7 because you hate RPGs.
2 years ago#6
I'm all for a Judgement 2, but it needs to be re-booted. Bring each of the characters back to their original styles (not anime-inspired like in Judgement 1). Maria, for example, should be the older, more mature Maria from Symphony of the Night. Alucard should also be like he is in Symphony of the Night, or even make him like he is in Aria/Dawn of Sorrow.

And make it play a little more like Soulcalibur or Battle Arena Toshineden and less like Power Stone (freely roaming the arenas picking up power-ups works for Power Stone, but Castlevania isn't Power Stone).
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
2 years ago#7
Hopefully that make use of the tablet pad. I'm sure they could learn a thing or two from DOA5 Plus and Senran Kagura.
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
2 years ago#8
Castlevania HD would be great for wii u since nintendo didnt get it last gen !
2 years ago#9
21_21 posted...
The first one was atrocious. Why would you want another one?

For a second chance, especially if ALL flaws are corrected?

Bahamut_10th posted...
You had me until you included characters from LoS.

Not sure if serious... (_);

STN79 posted...
I'm about as big a Castlevania fan as there is and i could barely stand that game.
There's almost no chance in hell of a sequel. Probably for the better.

Even for a second chance, especially if ALL flaws are corrected?

Maxx_the_Slash posted...
I'm all for a Judgement 2, but it needs to be re-booted. Bring each of the characters back to their original styles (not anime-inspired like in Judgement 1). Maria, for example, should be the older, more mature Maria from Symphony of the Night. Alucard should also be like he is in Symphony of the Night, or even make him like he is in Aria/Dawn of Sorrow.

And make it play a little more like Soulcalibur or Battle Arena Toshineden and less like Power Stone (freely roaming the arenas picking up power-ups works for Power Stone, but Castlevania isn't Power Stone).

Your demands pretty much match mine, that's cool ^_^
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
2 years ago#10
Don't understand the hate for Judgment. I played it. I liked it lots.
Awesome music, and some of the best graphics I've seen on the Wii.

My only complaint was the laggy online but like 90% of Wii games have laggy online anyways so it's nothing new.

Yeah, I would love Castlevania Judgment 2. Someone make it happen.
---
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So... who's for Castlevania Judgment 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived