So... who's for Castlevania Judgment 2?

#11Bahamut_10thPosted 4/6/2013 8:11:03 AM(edited)
Yes, I was dead serious. I liked Judgement. But LoS is the Castlevania trilogy I utterly despise and want to never see being touched again in any other entry.

And I agree. I like Obata's style but it doesn't suits Castlevania in the slightest. Althought I did love Cornell's redesign myself. Would be nice if they changed the artstyle to something like SotN and AoS, or even Ecclesia's.
#12nickvd8Posted 4/6/2013 8:13:55 AM
My main gripe with the first game was the character design. The character designer didn't even attempt to make them look how you'd expect. He just did whatever he felt like and made them look completely different. Simon especially I was like WTF?
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#13RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 8:26:03 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
Yes, I was dead serious. I liked Judgement. But LoS is the Castlevania trilogy I utterly despise and want to never see being touched again in any other entry.

Oh, ok, I see...

Bahamut_10th posted...
And I agree. I like Obata's style but it doesn't suits Castlevania in the slightest. Althought I did love Cornell's redesign myself. Would be nice if they changed the artstyle to something like SotN and AoS, or even Ecclesia's.

nickvd8 posted...
My main gripe with the first game was the character design. The character designer didn't even attempt to make them look how you'd expect. He just did whatever he felt like and made them look completely different. Simon especially I was like WTF?

Bringing back the original designs would be the first priority, but some of Obata's designs are nice. I was thinking of having P1 with the original design and P2 with Obata's design.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#14LunirPosted 4/6/2013 8:28:32 AM
Charlotte and Carrie? Yees! Pleeease! I didn't have the chance to play the first one but I really wanted it, sso a second installment for the Wii U would be a must buy for me
---
I want to be a better user in the boards; can you help me not insulting me, my opinion, my threads or posts? Thanks! (:
#Team Nintendo (but no fanboy)
#15SoaringDivePosted 4/6/2013 8:48:20 AM(edited)
Hawke0 posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
You had me until you included characters from LoP (Lords of Plagiarism).

Fix'd

I really don't understand this mentality. When GoW copies Lament of Innocence, LoS is plagiarising. When SotN blatantly copies Metroid, you change the genre name so you don't feel bad.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#16P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/6/2013 8:53:47 AM
I want Judgement 2, but I don't like most of what you proposed.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Mirror of Fate, Monster Hunter 3U
#17RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 8:55:54 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I want Judgement 2, but I don't like most of what you proposed.

Care to explain under 4000 characters?
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#18Bahamut_10thPosted 4/6/2013 9:10:38 AM
SoaringDive posted...
Hawke0 posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
You had me until you included characters from LoP (Lords of Plagiarism).

Fix'd

I really don't understand this mentality. When GoW copies Lament of Innocence, LoS is plagiarising. When SotN blatantly copies Metroid, you change the genre name so you don't feel bad.

If plagiarism was the problem I wouldn't have bothered with Castlevania since Simon's Quest.

The problem is that they went ahead and copied a game I detest. On top of that pissed on the storyline and characters, and replaced the distinct artstyle (not counting the generic Tales of-like character design from PoR and DoS) for the typical western mutant-muscled with overkill muscles one.
Your comment about GoW being like LoI however was just funny.
#19Hawke0Posted 4/6/2013 9:17:32 AM
They ripped off Shadow of the Colossus.
Who the hell rips off Shadow of the Colossus?
---
"Saying Metroid Other M is better than the Prime Trilogy because you hate shooters is like saying Aliens:CM is better than FF7 because you hate RPGs.
#20DTY3Posted 4/6/2013 9:21:46 AM
If they add more depth to the battle system, flesh out the story mode, make the subweapons more useful, add more dialogue, dont **** up character personalities, keep Obata far away from the character designs, dont change characters' ages for NO reason (give us adult Eric), and keep the boob jokes out (seriously this is CASTLEVANIA, not generic anime 102)...

then we MIGHT have a good game.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.