Nintendo needs to support their "Pro Controller" instead of halfassing it

#1gfaqsterPosted 4/6/2013 12:09:00 AM
No headphone or microphone jack so we are forced to keep the gamepad on our lap while using the pro controller.

AAA Nintendo games like New Super Mario Bros U DO NOT work with the Pro Controller and they haven't even bothered updating the game so we can use it with it >_>

I wouldn't be surprised if only a few Nintendo games even offer support to the Pro Controller in the future.

But this is just wrong and Nintendo should allow are the games to be compatible with it.
Unless its Nintendoland where you obviously need the gamepad.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2Chocobo115Posted 4/6/2013 12:12:00 AM
I Think they should have ALL (with very few exceptions) games fully playable with the Pro Controller.
It'd help winning people who don't like the Gamepad over (like me)
#3FFXIgaiaknightPosted 4/6/2013 12:14:57 AM
personally i think the pro controller was made to appeal to 3rd party studios than anything else. I really dont see nintendo supporting much outside of few multiplayer games like mario kart and smash bros.
---
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#4gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 11:10:02 AM
^ yeah I've realized that too sadly...
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#5DarkIVloonPosted 4/6/2013 1:47:21 PM
I agree with you but fortunately for now the majority of my games work with it.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#6Shadowbird_RHPosted 4/6/2013 1:52:24 PM
Mutual exclusivity.
Either Nintendo focuses on games that play fine with the Pro Controller, or Nintendo focuses on games that take advantage of the Wii U's defining features.

I suppose Pro Controller should be usable on most anything that can feature off-TV play, so long as it doesn't require touch screen use.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#7X_Roxas_XPosted 4/6/2013 3:50:53 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Mutual exclusivity.
Either Nintendo focuses on games that play fine with the Pro Controller, or Nintendo focuses on games that take advantage of the Wii U's defining features.

Not really. Any game that doesn't require the GamePad could theoretically use the Pro controller without a hitch, as its the exact same button layout. There really is no legitimate reason for, say, New Super Mario Bros U not to use it.
---
NNID: Waaarg | 3DS: 3050-7742-1758
#8Shadowbird_RHPosted 4/6/2013 5:05:48 PM
"Any game that doesn't require the GamePad" is a game that doesn't take advantage of the Wii U's defining features.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#9Ritster21Posted 4/6/2013 5:10:25 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
personally i think the pro controller was made to appeal to 3rd party studios than anything else. I really dont see nintendo supporting much outside of few multiplayer games like mario kart and smash bros.

Duh! Nintendo actually said this the same day they revealed the Pro controller. It's not an alternative controller for US. It's an alternative controller for 3rd parties that don't want to use the Gamepad.
#10MilesTeg420Posted 4/6/2013 5:11:12 PM
For now it's basically there for local multiplayer. Seeing as Gamepads aren't available at retail.