I still wouldn't mind a port of skyrim on this.

#21SocranPosted 4/6/2013 6:14:42 PM
Ianio82 posted...
With the Wii U being stronger than both the 360 and the PS3 (spec-wise)

Eh... The PS3 is more powerful than the 360, spec-wise, and it had a lot of issues due to compatibility. It all comes back to that cell processor. The Wii U's CPU and GPU aren't just "like the 360, but stronger". Its different setup could make the game run smoother, or it could just amplify the problems that the PS3 had.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#22Ianio82Posted 4/6/2013 6:22:31 PM
Socran posted...
Ianio82 posted...
With the Wii U being stronger than both the 360 and the PS3 (spec-wise)

Eh... The PS3 is more powerful than the 360, spec-wise, and it had a lot of issues due to compatibility. It all comes back to that cell processor. The Wii U's CPU and GPU aren't just "like the 360, but stronger". Its different setup could make the game run smoother, or it could just amplify the problems that the PS3 had.

All depends on how much time Bethesda put into optimizing the game for this specific console. If they truly wanted to, they could make the game run as smoothly as they wanted. The PS3 port was an extremely lazy attempt and you can clearly see that Bethesda's attention was/is on the 360 version.
#23its_mattPosted 4/6/2013 6:24:40 PM
I understand the main problem they had with PS3 was the way the RAM works as they have to do a lot more shifting of data around than with XBox 360 and as the game was not programmed from the ground up for PS3 they had problems with such a RAM hungry game.
#24MechaKoopa5000Posted 4/6/2013 6:26:22 PM
I just beat Bioshock Infinite (on 360) and would gladly rebuy it on Wii U at the same $60 asking price for some kind of "deluxe edition" or whatever with the DLC and such included. My god... that ending was amazing (no spoilers). I'd love to have it on Wii U with off-screen play and maybe even a MAP. I can't believe there was no map in the game at all.
#25Sakura_RailgunPosted 4/6/2013 6:28:54 PM
If you want to play Skyrim just play it on a PC, it's not like it takes a beast of a computer to run.
Why would you want to play another 720p 30FPS console version of Skyrim o_O
#26MelkacPosted 4/6/2013 6:29:56 PM
I would.

I'm pretty sure 98% of us are waiting for Xenoblade 2. There will be an actually good storyline, characters and music in that game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#27deathslovePosted 4/6/2013 7:37:43 PM
RockD79 posted...
I'd be a sucker to play Skyrim again if it came out on the U. Sure would beat pausing the game to check stuff when it could be done live on the gamepad.

I hate having inventory or checking stuff on another screen, you have to stop playing to look at the screen anyways, so why is pausing it bad? You would probably get killed without pausing it and looking at another screen.
#28RockD79Posted 4/6/2013 8:26:22 PM
deathslove posted...
RockD79 posted...
I'd be a sucker to play Skyrim again if it came out on the U. Sure would beat pausing the game to check stuff when it could be done live on the gamepad.

I hate having inventory or checking stuff on another screen, you have to stop playing to look at the screen anyways, so why is pausing it bad? You would probably get killed without pausing it and looking at another screen.

It could still be programmed to time out when you touch the gamepad. It would still be faster than pausing to cycle through the menus.
#29Pete41608Posted 4/7/2013 2:43:55 AM
koolguy5 posted...
I second your opinion, I would repurchase skyrim for this console

I bought PS3 version on release day, played for 4 months for a total of 148 hrs. Sold it. Back in December it crept back in my mind, so I decided I would buy it again. Put the thought out of my head until they finally announced DLC. Picked it up 2 days before Dragonborn released. Currently at 122 hrs, done a bit of Dawnguard, built 1 house, still haven't got to Dragonborn DLC yet. Hell, I didn't even beat the main story til my 119 hr mark, I was Level 49.

YES, I would buy it on Wii U Day 1
---
Wii U/PSN: Pete41608
3DS: 1203-9244-2418
#30its_mattPosted 4/7/2013 9:05:06 AM
Sakura_Railgun posted...
If you want to play Skyrim just play it on a PC, it's not like it takes a beast of a computer to run.
Why would you want to play another 720p 30FPS console version of Skyrim o_O

A lot of people own a PC just to go online and do a bit of word processing maybe use it as a media device. They don't own a PC that can even remotely run modern 3d games let alone be possibly regarded as a beast of a PC.