After playing the Wii U for the first time today at Target, I'M SOLD .

#201IokuaPosted 4/29/2013 11:49:47 PM
Is very good game, would play it again but I can't stand Fawful.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#202iomega311Posted 4/30/2013 1:41:04 AM
Did you do any of the side quests like bean hunting or the Plack Beach puzzles?
---
The sunset will never charm us.
http://backloggery.com/iomega311
#203IokuaPosted 4/30/2013 9:12:46 AM
Nope, I just didn't really feel like doing them. I enjoyed the game enough that I didn't need to supplement it with the side stuff.
---
#204orcus_snakePosted 4/30/2013 2:41:49 PM
I dont think that is the point of sidequests, I think they are for people that like it enough that they want to spend extra amounts of time in that world.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#205IokuaPosted 4/30/2013 3:24:09 PM
I used to like sidequests, but somewhere along the line I began to consider them pointless bull**** stuffed into the game to artificially extend the length of it. I still do them in the big, epic JRPGs, but games are so streamlined and dirt idiot simple that it's just not worth it most of the time.
---
#206orcus_snakePosted 4/30/2013 5:51:39 PM
I think it's something to decide on a game by game basis, Xenoblade for example had god awfull sidequests despite the game being a little above average on the main quest, but sometimes they can be fun like in (insert game here cause I cant remember one off the top of my head).
---
#207IokuaPosted 4/30/2013 7:38:32 PM
I like sidequests that are easily integrated into the main game. Take Arkham Asylum and Arkham City as examples. On the one hand you have Arkham Asylum where the Riddle Grid is presented in a manner where you don't need to wander too far off the beaten path to enjoy it. I'm replaying Asylum on the PC currently, and I just finished Killer Croc's portion of the game and I have around 175 riddles solved without ever really leaving the progression path. On the other hand you have Arkham City, where very few of the sidequests feel like part of the main game and the Riddle Grid is so expansive and spread out across the city that it feels like a chore. I like the former, but as much as I love Arkham City, I despise the latter.

Something about Farcry 3: Blood Dragons makes me want it, even though I hate that kind of game. :P
---
#208orcus_snakePosted 4/30/2013 8:14:07 PM
i didnt bother with the riddler thingies on assyulm cause everytime I opened the map there were billions of them floating around so I just skipped them entirely :P
---
#209orcus_snakePosted 5/1/2013 1:08:16 AM
Yay i got PS+

Now I can play Demon's Souls among otehr cool stuff <3
---
#210IokuaPosted 5/1/2013 9:06:40 AM
Make sure you at least set up to download the Vita stuff if you ever intend to get one. So long as PSN+ is active you can download games you've already "purchased' with the service even if they're no longer on the list of free games.
---