So Resident Evil Revelations went 3D to Wii U. Is Luigi's Mansion 2 next?

#31DewittluvsLiz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 6:50:01 PM
"It would take probably at least several months just to get it running at all like the 3ds version, and, like, 9 or more months to get it optimized and get everything seem like an actual Wii U game. Do you even understand how game development works?"

Yes another person who knows nothing about how long it takes to port a game.

People, ALL 3DS games today are designed in HD, ready for export to ANY format. Once again, Monster Hunter Wii U/3DS easy export to 3DS. This has nothing to do with "first party/3rd party" In fact, I have no idea why that statement was made. Who cares which party is making it. The fact is, the assest are there in HD, ready to go, ready for a great conversion that can be turned around in a weeks time.
#32DewittluvsLiz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 6:56:27 PM
Solis, educate yourself with the process. The development kit for Wii U and 3DS is pretty much the same, allowing independent gamers to design a game in FULL HD on a 3DS then port over the game without much effort onto Wii U.

Read about it in detail below. Developers are making many cross platform 3DS/Wii U games.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/189180/Nintendos_indies_guy_tells_you_how_to_get_your_games_approved.php
#33SolisPosted 4/6/2013 8:05:15 PM
DewittluvsLiz posted...
Solis, educate yourself with the process. The development kit for Wii U and 3DS is pretty much the same, allowing independent gamers to design a game in FULL HD on a 3DS then port over the game without much effort onto Wii U.

Read about it in detail below. Developers are making many cross platform 3DS/Wii U games.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/189180/Nintendos_indies_guy_tells_you_how_to_get_your_games_approved.php

Nothing in your link supports what you're saying, nor does it explain your ignorance on the matter of game development.

Virtually any 3D game CAN be in "1080p", but that has nothing to do with the quality if the visuals or the ease of porting.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#34gamercat86Posted 4/6/2013 8:20:45 PM
I don't get it. RE Revelations was already a 3D game. Do you mean HD?

Anyways, I'd rather have a new game or a remaster of the first one. Dark Moon is great, but it was designed for a handheld system. Because of that, the game itself adquired a few issues that weren't present in the first game. The one that bothers me the most is how disconnected each area feels. The first one had one big mansion, and each room felt like part of the mansion, so it helped the flow of gameplay. Dark Moon is different because of separate missions and the mansions feel more like Mario world maps rather than one united area.

That's why I want a new one or a remaster of the old one.
#35Bahamut_10thPosted 4/6/2013 8:28:46 PM(edited)
What makes you think Luigi's Mansion has anything to do with Resident Evil being ported to HD consoles?

1. RE is made by Capcom. Capcom seems to think consoles = The one true gaming experience. Unless it's a Monster Hunter game.
2. Nintendo treats their handhelds like completely different experiences. As they should be. There is a 99,9% chance they will never port anything from handheld to console so soon.
3. Why the heck would they pick precisely Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon? Because YOU prefer it on consoles? That's not a reason.
4. RE is a long-running series with multiple installments, well known for its console experience. Luigi's Mansion only had 1 entry prior to the 3DS one. 1 entry isn't enough to stabilish a pattern on what concerns the platforms.
#36DewittluvsLiz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 12:08:19 AM
"Nothing in your link supports what you're saying, nor does it explain your ignorance on the matter of game development.

Virtually any 3D game CAN be in "1080p", but that has nothing to do with the quality if the visuals or the ease of porting.
"

Oh, Solis, you keep trying again and again to dodge the truth. The article (and the development kit itself!) clearly is made for both the Wii U and the 3DS system! You create the game at the highest resolution possible then you...

...read my lips...

COMPRESS.

Down convert.

It's how ALL video games are being created now. With cross platforming in mind.

And, anyone who has actually PLAYED Luigi's Mansion will see it can be easily adapted into a game for the Wii U with un up-convert and simple button remapping (I would love to play Luigi's Mansion with 2 joysticks, though I thoroughly enjoyed the L/R button usages on the 3DS)

WAKE UP WII U OWNERS! You need games! You are in DIRE STRAIGHTS right now.

A Luigi's Mansion 2 HD Port would make people happy for the moment and actually would sell systems. Once again, see Resident Evil Revelations. And Monster Hunter. And some of you keep bringing up 3rd party, Capcom, Resident Evil is a series (Like Luigis and Mario are not?) Stop it! You make no sense!
#37DBPanterAPosted 4/7/2013 12:30:48 AM
picano posted...
No. Converting a game advertised solely for 3DS to Wii U on the spur of a moment would be (and worse, appear to be) an extremely desperate move.

I don't even own a 3DS, but I bought the game and proceeded to borrow my gf's 3DS to play it. It was a great game, but not a Wii U game. It could probably be relatively easily ported... but the models used are obviously not Wii U quality on the 3DS screens, let alone a 1080p tv.

I own a 3DS and the game is great. I try not to play more than one mission a day because I want the game to last.

Here is the thing: Nintendo for the most part, views their 3DS and Wii U as two separate entities (yes, I know Monster Hunter, Donky Kong Country, Resident Evil Revelations are outliers). They new Luigi's Mansion would sell well, and it did.

The Wii U, just like everyone has mentioned before, needs software that utilizes the uniqueness of the console. There are plenty of games out for the Wii U. Unless you are dropping 30 hours a week on video games exclusively on the Wii U, there is plenty to play.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#38LordBowserPosted 4/7/2013 12:32:08 AM
If you want to port a game with updated HD graphics to the Wii U, port the original Luigi's Mansion.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#39DewittluvsLiz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 12:38:18 AM
Once again people. The point is, Luigi's Mansion 2, like Res Evil Rev or Monster Hunter is a QUICK port. 1-2 weeks MAX. It's low cost. There is nothing to lose by doing this. A Luigi Mansion 1 HD convert is a huge process. For 2, the file is done, ready.

Funny how some of you do not understand this point.
#40DBPanterAPosted 4/7/2013 12:40:54 AM
DewittluvsLiz posted...
Once again people. The point is, Luigi's Mansion 2, like Res Evil Rev or Monster Hunter is a QUICK port. 1-2 weeks MAX. It's low cost. There is nothing to lose by doing this. A Luigi Mansion 1 HD convert is a huge process. For 2, the file is done, ready.

Funny how some of you do not understand this point.

Or you could buy Luigi's Mansion 2 and a 3DS. . . Every company, including Nintendo wants your entertainment dollar. It's not rocket science. There is nothing for Nintendo to lose by NOT porting it. People want the game, they buy the game and the handheld.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036