So Resident Evil Revelations went 3D to Wii U. Is Luigi's Mansion 2 next?

#41YomerodesPosted 4/7/2013 12:30:39 AM
DewittluvsLiz posted...
Nah you dont get the point. Wii U DESPERATELY needs games RIGHT NOW. THey can port Luigi's Mansion 2 in a week get it out on the market place quick. The game is done.

Your logic fails right with the very same example you have been using since the topic title.

According to its producer, Resident Evil Revelations HD was decided to be created right on the 3DS edition wake thanks to the good press and good sales. That is BTW around the first half of 2012, and as you may well know, the game is going to be re-released on WiiU around May 2013, at the very least, we are talking about a whole year spent in the creation of the port.
#42DewittluvsLiz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 3:14:47 AM
"We want the game, they buy the game and the handheld."

Yes! Which was why Capcom made Monster Hunter Wii U and 3DS at the same time and is selling very well on BOTH systems (he says sarcastically!)
#43DewittluvsLiz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 3:19:46 AM
Yomerordes, FYI, Resident Evil Revelations sold DREADFULLY. Only 700K worldwide.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45684/resident-evil-revelations/

Especially for a Res Evil game, that was marked down to $19.99, that is pure horror show. It's a great game, though it sold poorly, so, they are trying to do everything they can to make their money back

Yomer, bud, do us all a favor, do some research first before posting (grabs cheek, pats back)
#4401Philip01Posted 4/7/2013 5:35:39 AM
Don't feel like they will do it, it's a selling feature of the 3ds, if you just port 3ds games to wiiu there's no point of getting a 3ds besides the 3d which honestly not everyone turns on.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#45Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 4/7/2013 7:11:31 AM
DewittluvsLiz posted...
Yomerordes, FYI, Resident Evil Revelations sold DREADFULLY. Only 700K worldwide.

Especially for a Res Evil game, that was marked down to $19.99, that is pure horror show. It's a great game, though it sold poorly, so, they are trying to do everything they can to make their money back

Yomer, bud, do us all a favor, do some research first before posting (grabs cheek, pats back)

For the size of the install base, and that past RE games haven't done well on handhelds (Admittingly most were mediocre at best.), those numbers are not bad by any stretch. But you dodged the point entirely, that pointed out the year or so between starting up the dev cycle and actual product release.

Instead you jumped onto a different tangent regarding sales, which to me says that you got called out on not knowing what the hell you're talking about, and instead to latched onto something else because you had no solid ground to stand upon.

Porting games to another system can't be done in such a short time frame. Not if you want it to run right and not look like crap for a Wii U game. Regardless of the level it's originally rendered at (Something else you seem clueless on.), that means jack all if you don't improve the geometry, redo the textures, and massively overhaul the lighting and shading effects.
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.
#46YomerodesPosted 4/7/2013 7:37:36 AM
DewittluvsLiz posted...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/18/resident-evil-revelations-hd-port-driven-by-fan-feedback/
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1792039/resident_evil_revelations_producer_on_horror_resident_evil_6_review_scores.html?

Man, I am simply telling you what the producer and the rest of the team are saying, textually, after all, they know far more about the game than everyone here. Of course I suppose there is a slight possibility that they are lying for some reason about being pleased with the sales, but in the end, I don't care if it sold or not, that wasn't the relevant part of my post.

My point, the HD port is going to be released more than one year after the original 3DS game. As I see it, it doesn't matter if the port got greenlighted because it was a succes or a flop, the company in either case waited until they could judge how the game fared, and then took the decisions, and after that, we are talking about several months of work, not something of a week job, as you put it.

After all, by your logic, if Revelations was developed in HD and was done by January 2012, why is the port releasing in May 2013 instead of you know, a week or a couple of months after the 3DS release?
#47DBPanterAPosted 4/7/2013 9:43:33 AM
DewittluvsLiz posted...
"We want the game, they buy the game and the handheld."

Yes! Which was why Capcom made Monster Hunter Wii U and 3DS at the same time and is selling very well on BOTH systems (he says sarcastically!)

Or by looking at the Japanese market, and not the European or North American market, you would realize the 3DS is the most popular video game device in Japan. Monster Hunter did well because many people carry their 3DS with them, and it allows them to play on the go.

The popularity of the 3DS has made many Japanese game developers focus their attention on producing software for the 3DS (will we see this in other territories, who knows). This is actually a danger I see for Nintendo, as North America makes up over half is home console market.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#48SolisPosted 4/7/2013 10:02:18 AM
DewittluvsLiz posted...
Oh, Solis, you keep trying again and again to dodge the truth. The article (and the development kit itself!) clearly is made for both the Wii U and the 3DS system! You create the game at the highest resolution possible then you...

...read my lips...

COMPRESS.

Down convert.

It's how ALL video games are being created now. With cross platforming in mind.

And none of those words you said in any way describes the process for making 3DS games. You're throwing around lots of statements, but unfortunately none of them are correct. You should really spend some time learning about game development and reading your own articles before you try to speak on the subject again, because again, none of it is supporting what you're saying.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#49chestershadowPosted 4/7/2013 10:18:52 AM
_Sovereign_ posted...
Regarding the Topic title, we're dealing with CAPCOM here....of course the game is getting ported, it'll probably get another version 6 months from now too!

Outside of the VC, I don't recall Nintendo ever porting a game. One could argue saying Super Mario All-Stars and the Kirby 20th Anniversary collection are ports, but I believe we all understand the difference here.

Off the top of my head:
Ocarina of Time (N64, GC, 3DS)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii, 3ds)

And thats just in the last year or so.
#50Lelouch71Posted 4/7/2013 1:33:36 PM
Wii U needs original exclusives games not enhanced ports. Not to mention I like for the 3DS and Wii U to have their own identity. That's my main problem with the Vita. There's very little point in owning one when most of its games are on the PS3.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"