So Resident Evil Revelations went 3D to Wii U. Is Luigi's Mansion 2 next?

#51HungoverHero777Posted 4/7/2013 2:37:41 PM
DewittluvsLiz posted...
Nah you dont get the point. Wii U DESPERATELY needs games RIGHT NOW. THey can port Luigi's Mansion 2 in a week get it out on the market place quick. The game is done.

How can anyone who has a Wii U be against this concept?

YOU NEED GAMES NOW. This game is ready NOW.

ITP: Handheld-to-console ports only take 1 week to complete.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
Anyone with a Wii U or PC, BUY RUNNER 2!
#52endoflevelbossPosted 4/7/2013 2:41:26 PM
Hope not. I don't buy a new system to play games I already played.
#53DewittluvsLiz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 8:52:28 PM
Solis, you have been proven wrong on every topic you have posted, I think all can safely see this.

"For the size of the install base, and that past RE games haven't done well on handhelds (Admittingly most were mediocre at best.), those numbers are not bad by any stretch. But you dodged the point entirely, that pointed out the year or so between starting up the dev cycle and actual product release.

Instead you jumped onto a different tangent regarding sales, which to me says that you got called out on not knowing what the hell you're talking about, and instead to latched onto something else because you had no solid ground to stand upon.

Porting games to another system can't be done in such a short time frame. Not if you want it to run right and not look like crap for a Wii U game. Regardless of the level it's originally rendered at (Something else you seem clueless on.), that means jack all if you don't improve the geometry, redo the textures, and massively overhaul the lighting and shading effects."

700K for a system that has sold close to 20 million is NOT bad? You are so funny you are not even funny!

Who cares how long it took to put the 3ds game out then the HD version? What is the point of that comment? And, Monster Hunter put both 3ds and Wii U games out at the same time! And both selling like GANGBUSTER in North America and Japan.

Porting a game fully developed in HD (which I have proven several times in this thread), takes 2 weeks max. Please educate yourself about game development and come back and comment when you got something real for us.

Wii U desperately needs games NOW. Port Luigi's Mansion 2 now. It's perfect for Wii U.
#54YomerodesPosted 4/7/2013 9:19:04 PM
DewittluvsLiz posted...

700K for a system that has sold close to 20 million is NOT bad? You are so funny you are not even funny!

Who cares how long it took to put the 3ds game out then the HD version? What is the point of that comment? And, Monster Hunter put both 3ds and Wii U games out at the same time! And both selling like GANGBUSTER in North America and Japan.

Porting a game fully developed in HD (which I have proven several times in this thread), takes 2 weeks max. Please educate yourself about game development and come back and comment when you got something real for us.

Wii U desperately needs games NOW. Port Luigi's Mansion 2 now. It's perfect for Wii U.

Sorry, but again, you are also wrong with your second (and only other so far) example. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was not developed at the same time for both consoles, much less was ported in a couple of weeks.

The 3DS version was developed and released in december 2011 in Japan, while the Wii U edition was released in the same land at december 2012. By mere chance and as a marketing strategy both were released at the same time in the west, but the fact remains that the Wii U edition was completed more than a year after the games was done on 3DS. So in the end, both of the examples that you have repeatedly used in this thread utterly fail to prove your point about the whole nonsense of "2 weeks max"
#55DewittluvsLiz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:10:59 PM
Oh, Yomo, even if what you said is TRUE, thanks for proving my point more, that yet, another games that started on the 3DS was easily ported over to the Wii U! Appreciate that!
#56SolisPosted 4/7/2013 11:18:35 PM
DewittluvsLiz posted...
Solis, you have been proven wrong on every topic you have posted, I think all can safely see this.

Well considering that nothing I've said has been proven wrong, nor have you provided any evidence that supports your claim, it's pretty obvious who's the one spouting nonsense here.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#57DBPanterAPosted 4/8/2013 12:21:05 AM
I love this topic. I also love checking at as a I play Luigi's Mansion 2 on my 3DS. It's the perfect way to play the game. Similarly, I enjoy playing Halo 4 on the Xbox 360.

If you want games, buy the consoles. Problem solved.

Wii U needs NEW games from Nintendo. Their 30 cent VC and rehash of Windwaker is fine and dandy, but they need new games. Regardless of the time it takes to bring over a game to another console, it won't sell well on system #2. The reason OoT 3D did reasonably well was because there was enough time (13 years) and a severe drought in 3DS games. That's all.

If 700,000 units of Luigi's Mansion 2 is correct, with 20+ million 3DS on the market, that number is bad (good game, but crap sales). That is less the 5% attachment rate. Mario routinely pulls over 20% and Mario Kart Wii did close to 33%. Call of Duty across several platforms routinely does 12-15%.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#58TheFlamingCPosted 4/8/2013 2:48:28 AM
Nintendo doesn't do that. Look at LEGO City even. The 3DS game isn't the same game, it's a prequel. Maybe they'll put Luigi's Mansion 3 on the Wii U at some point, but Dark Moon ain't happening.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#59deathslovePosted 4/8/2013 2:52:11 AM
I know the Wii U has no games TC, but stop begging for ports.
#6040DribylfPosted 4/8/2013 3:13:10 AM
Solis, why are you arguing with these braindeads?

Especially that one dude arguing about semantics of what a certain resolution is, Jesus.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990