Reliving the classic '90s Pokemon atmosphere.

#1THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 4/6/2013 7:11:14 PM
I want to relive the classic '90s Pokemon atmosphere. But how?

Pokemon has been dead since Crystal. Ruby and Sapphire, although very fun, just didn't offer the same experience. Ninty attempted to resurrect the originals with FireRed and LeafGreen, but by then it was too late. I had outgrown the "fad". (It hurts when I say that about my most cherished memories.)

The only way Ninty will earn my respect again, like it had back during the N64 days, is if they tasked Game Freak to go all out on an open-world Pokemon RPG -- the likes of Skyrim -- with implementations of Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Pinball, and Pokemon Stadium. Base the story, setting, wild Pokemon, etc. off of Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal; utilize features for use with the Wii U GamePad; and have online competitive multiplayer and trading.

Pure win. Start raking in the cash
#2AhnoldDoodPosted 4/6/2013 7:19:31 PM
Anyone who says they "outgrew" Pokemon, and say they "outgrew" the "fad", don't actually care for Pokemon. Your post is nothing but blind nostalgia. "Pokemon died with Crystal"? LOLno.
#3ZuuFPosted 4/6/2013 7:20:11 PM
So...this is what you're asking for?:

-you play as the trainer, exploring a semi-massive/massive world looking for wild pokemon to catch
-it would use real-time battle (where you play as the pokemon; you would have one free with you when exploring, or you would choose one right then and there for random encounters...?), or turn-based combat
-it would feature mini-games/side games as quests (Pokemon Snap = taking pictures to sell?)
-it would be multiplayer compatible
-it would be grade-a awesome

Am I getting this right?
---
I am a writer (mostly a poet). If you're interested in buying my work, let me know (message me).
Feel free to check my ZuuF facebook page for samples.
#4THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 7:22:12 PM
ZuuF posted...
So...this is what you're asking for?:

-you play as the trainer, exploring a semi-massive/massive world looking for wild pokemon to catch
-it would use real-time battle (where you play as the pokemon; you would have one free with you when exploring, or you would choose one right then and there for random encounters...?), or turn-based combat
-it would feature mini-games/side games as quests (Pokemon Snap = taking pictures to sell?)
-it would be multiplayer compatible
-it would be grade-a awesome

Am I getting this right?

My God, this is exactly what I want. Did you have the same idea?
#5ADHDguitarPosted 4/6/2013 7:36:57 PM
My ass. Pokemon is the same as it was in the 90's. Take your nostalgia goggles off.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#6greatone101Posted 4/6/2013 7:45:30 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
My ass. Pokemon is the same as it was in the 90's. Take your nostalgia goggles off.

100% right.

Pokemon games have barely changed much since the first ones in the 90s.
Its sad though yet people still buy them.

Like the sheep that buy sports games every year or Call of Duty every year.
#7AhnoldDoodPosted 4/6/2013 7:47:39 PM
greatone101 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

100% right.

Your opinion would be reasonable, if you played the games.
#8ADHDguitarPosted 4/6/2013 7:54:15 PM
greatone101 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

100% right.

Its sad though yet people still buy them.

Like the sheep that buy sports games every year or Call of Duty every year.

How dare people play good games.

How dare they.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#9DTY3Posted 4/6/2013 7:55:55 PM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
I want to relive the classic '90s Pokemon atmosphere. But how?

Pokemon has been dead since Crystal. Ruby and Sapphire, although very fun, just didn't offer the same experience. Ninty attempted to resurrect the originals with FireRed and LeafGreen, but by then it was too late. I had outgrown the "fad". (It hurts when I say that about my most cherished memories.)

lmao...

wow...dude just stop embarrassing yourself.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#10the_cajun88Posted 4/6/2013 7:56:47 PM
Do you seriously think they will release any modern Pokemon game with only the first 2 generations of Pokemon, especially considering the fact that a new generation will be released in a few months?
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
[This signature was wiped at the request of a Moderator or Administrator]