Reliving the classic '90s Pokemon atmosphere.

#11Enigma149Posted 4/6/2013 7:58:47 PM
So, basically, you want to relive the classic '90s pokemon atmosphere...by making a game nothing like pokemon...
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#12ADHDguitarPosted 4/6/2013 8:02:21 PM
Enigma149 posted...
So, basically, you want to relive the classic '90s pokemon atmosphere...by making a game nothing like pokemon...

This, so much this.

If I hear someone mention Skyrim in a Pokemon discussion one more time so help me...
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#13PG50Posted 4/6/2013 8:02:37 PM
I grew up with Pokemon, and I've loved every Generation. I hear a lot of people say they hated Ruby and Sapphire, and I don't get it, I loved those games. I liked Diamond and Pearl, and I liked Black and White. Pokemon has kept the same basic structure, 8 gyms + league and a criminal organization to stop along the way. If you only like gen 1 and 2, you must be just blinded by nostalgia, because Pokemon as a game has gotten better. The battle system has changed a couple times, including multi battles + rotation battles, as well as the physical special split, and the adding of a couple new types in gen 2. There's also been lots of other things added, like contests, or battle areas, and the PWT. All of that is optional, but what was there in gen 1 and 2?

An open world Pokemon game, with a different battle system would be interesting, but I'd rather they include all Pokemon, not just the ones YOU like.
#14ADHDguitarPosted 4/6/2013 8:07:17 PM
Pokemon IS an open world game. You can go anywhere whenever you want.

Jeez. And no, they shouldn't have to dumb down the battle system to appeal to people who only play action games.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#15DTY3Posted 4/6/2013 8:11:54 PM
1. Heart Gold/SS and Black 2/W2 are the best Pokemon games. Red and Blue are extremely glitchy dated piles.

2. Limiting the Pokemon selection is not only idiotic, but it would enrage 99% of the real fans of Pokemon.

with implementations of Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Pinball, and Pokemon Stadium.

..wait a minute.

Base the story, setting, wild Pokemon, etc. off of Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crysta;

Oh. Nostalgia goggles.

Also Pokemon Rumble>>>>>>>>>>Snap
and Mystery Dungeon>>>>>>>>>>Pinball
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#16zoogelioPosted 4/6/2013 8:15:51 PM
I hate nostalgia goggles comments, but saying Pokemon was dead after Crystal has an absurdly high amount of elitist stuck-in-the-past snobbishness about it. Those may be the best regarded generations, but Pokemon is still seen as very good. The fad ended with Crystal, but unlike most fads which evaporate, it left a very large, thriving fanbase behind. There have been how many Pokemon (main series) games since Crystal? And they all suck? Really?
#17DTY3Posted 4/6/2013 8:30:25 PM
I still dont think Gen 2 was the best.
It was horribly balanced, and while it had two regions, both were watered down beyond all belief.

Thankfully Heart Gold fixes it mostly.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#18gamercat86Posted 4/6/2013 8:47:30 PM
Maybe it's time for you to wake up? Pokemon hasn't become bad or old; it's you who have gotten old and as such, you have a different view of what Pokemon is now compared to what it was. The Pokemon of now is mainly directed towards this generation of young gamers (kids, young adults, new gamers, etc) just like the first games were directed at your generation. You're basically asking them to make the games unnecessarily complex for the inexperienced like an open world and stuff, although Pokemon is already pretty open. This is simply you having been influenced by other games and trying to convince others that there is no other way.

If you feel that Pokemon is not good anymore for you, then it's time for you to move on. You can't just outgrow the "fad" when you enjoyed the games so much. You're simply not interested in the games anymore, and it happens all the time. Veteran players will leave and the new one will take over. I'm 27 and I'd rather play a new main Pokemon game, X and Y in this case, than a new entry in the CoD or GoW series, but that's just me.
#19Soanevalcke6Posted 4/6/2013 9:25:11 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Enigma149 posted...

This, so much this.

If I hear someone mention Skyrim in a Pokemon discussion one more time so help me...

I know. It's like, we get it, you like them both, but that doesn't mean they go together. It's like saying they should make Pizza Flavored Ice Cream.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#20THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 10:02:14 PM(edited)
You all must really hate Pokemon...at least what Pokemon stood for. Speaking of ice cream, isn't there an ice cream cone Pokemon? #Fail. Game Freak is out of Pokemon designs, and for some reason all Pokemon are hybrids. Also, modern Pokemon is irrelevant considering every Pokemon movie that comes out is either straight-to-DVD or TV movie.

In regards to having all regions and Pokemon in one game, I would suggest Game Freak makes a sequel involving the plot, locale, wild Pokemon, etc. of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Then a third entry to end the trilogy with story, setting, wild Pokemon, etc. of Black/White/B2/W2 and X/Y/Z. You're not going to throw in every character, region, Pokemon, etc. in one game unless you want to limit yourself. (Which Ninty can't afford.)