So, with the 720 having always-online, the PS4 having no BC,

#11ShadowSkill11Posted 4/7/2013 7:57:00 AM
Yeah? Except there are more projects being cancelled or just not being announced on WiiU. PS4 does do a different inexpensive form of BC through Gaikai steaming. As for the 720, we haven't even seen the sales pitch yet since it hasn't even been announced yet. PC gaming of course is as strong as always with Steam carrying the platform on its back almost single handedly.
#12MegagunstarmanPosted 4/7/2013 7:57:42 AM
BC would be impossible for the PS4 anyways. Thats because each disc type would need its own lazer. Their would also have to be a detector lazer that detects the type of disc in the drive. This would make for a lot of moving parts in the drive and would increase the wait time before starting a game because the system would have to detect what type of disc it is, than it would swap out to the right lazer, than it would load. This is one of the major complaints about the Wii U, bad load times because of useless things like BC. Sony learned from Nintendos mistake.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#13CaioNVPosted 4/7/2013 7:58:25 AM
thundercat2600
http://youtu.be/x9gN2hdybFY
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#14ThePCElitistPosted 4/7/2013 7:58:32 AM
Quote:Btw no BC didn't hurt PS3 or Xbox 360 sales.
@thundercat2600

It put me off on buying one for 6 years actually.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#15omescythePosted 4/7/2013 7:59:49 AM
pc have prety bad BC with older pc games on a newer pc. there pretty much no used games on pc. pc games have almost moved to being onlinew always so is 720 and ps4 are not bright because of those reason then pcs should be worst.
#16greengoldmelloPosted 4/7/2013 8:02:37 AM
Megagunstarman posted...
BC would be impossible for the PS4 anyways. Thats because each disc type would need its own lazer. Their would also have to be a detector lazer that detects the type of disc in the drive. This would make for a lot of moving parts in the drive and would increase the wait time before starting a game because the system would have to detect what type of disc it is, than it would swap out to the right lazer, than it would load. This is one of the major complaints about the Wii U, bad load times because of useless things like BC. Sony learned from Nintendos mistake.

This is not why they don't have bc on the ps4...
#17ShadowSkill11Posted 4/7/2013 8:11:38 AM
omescythe posted...
pc have prety bad BC with older pc games on a newer pc. there pretty much no used games on pc. pc games have almost moved to being onlinew always so is 720 and ps4 are not bright because of those reason then pcs should be worst.

Bad BC from old PC games on new PCs? Only if you barely know how to use a computer. You can play any game you want on your shiny new i7 extreme. Online always PC games? What like MMO's? I'm confused if you even know what you are talking about.

That and your horrid grammar...
#18ManservicePosted 4/7/2013 8:11:50 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
Wii-Usurance thread.
#19TransdudePosted 4/7/2013 8:16:27 AM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
omescythe posted...

Bad BC from old PC games on new PCs? Only if you barely know how to use a computer. You can play any game you want on your shiny new i7 extreme. Online always PC games? What like MMO's? I'm confused if you even know what you are talking about.

This. The only old PC game I can never figure out how to play is Nocturne, but I can still play other game like Kiss: Psycho Circus and Sonic R.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747 | Nintendo Network ID: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#20kingbadjoPosted 4/7/2013 8:20:30 AM
I think their price is what's guna kill them....
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.