So, with the 720 having always-online, the PS4 having no BC,

#31SlyCooperFan12Posted 4/7/2013 9:37:23 AM
They said that PS4 will support used games.
---
Sokka:let us leave!
Bumi:lettuce leave?
#32lp913Posted 4/7/2013 9:38:11 AM
parthos566 posted...
Just went into Gamestop the other day and I asked an employee about 3rd party support for the Wii U. He said that most companies just dropped support for it. Nintendo is gonna have to rely on Nintendo again this gen.

Gamestop is the LAST place I would ever go to get any real gaming news, most of those stores are heavily XBOX biased, btw and probably will continue once the 720 releases.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#33DrumguyPosted 4/7/2013 9:43:53 AM(edited)
thundercat2600 posted...
Btw no BC didn't hurt PS3 or Xbox 360 sales.

That's because the 360 has partial BC. The newer PS3 models don't at all, and Sony is just now making their money back on that console.

The Wii U isn't selling because there isn't a lot of games yet.

If this a "Wiiusurance" topic, what are those two comments of yours?
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#34chestershadowPosted 4/7/2013 11:22:44 AM
Donomega posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Don't know about you but my Xbox 360 is backwards compatible with older games & My PS3 can play PS1 games

Heck my wifes PS3 can play PS2 and PS1 games...

When the 360 came out originally, only the original xbox halo games and 2-3 other games were backwards compatible.
#35darkjedilinkPosted 4/7/2013 11:32:32 AM
chestershadow posted...
Donomega posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Don't know about you but my Xbox 360 is backwards compatible with older games & My PS3 can play PS1 games

Heck my wifes PS3 can play PS2 and PS1 games...

When the 360 came out originally, only the original xbox halo games and 2-3 other games were backwards compatible.

That's not exactly accurate - there were around sixty Xbox games the 360 was capable of playing.

Most of them just weren't any good.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#36darkjedilinkPosted 4/7/2013 11:36:08 AM
Manservice posted...
strongo9 posted...
That is why being a PC-Nintendo gamer will always be the best option.

Considering the fact that you can emulate every game from a Nintendo console, excluding the Wii-U, on a PC, being a PC gamer alone is the best option.

Not in any LEGAL manner.

Some of us PC gamers actually obey the law.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#37nonexistingheroPosted 4/7/2013 11:38:52 AM
Transdude posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
omescythe posted...
pc have prety bad BC with older pc games on a newer pc. there pretty much no used games on pc. pc games have almost moved to being onlinew always so is 720 and ps4 are not bright because of those reason then pcs should be worst.

Bad BC from old PC games on new PCs? Only if you barely know how to use a computer. You can play any game you want on your shiny new i7 extreme. Online always PC games? What like MMO's? I'm confused if you even know what you are talking about.

This. The only old PC game I can never figure out how to play is Nocturne, but I can still play other game like Kiss: Psycho Circus and Sonic R.

Yeah, most old games have way to still get them to run. Patches, programs, etc. Just google if you have some trouble and you're likely to find it. Though there's still a select few games that simply won't work on certain PC's.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#38star_guy_100Posted 4/7/2013 11:43:50 AM
even if those 2 flop, they will still sell more monthly then the wii u has been selling this year.
#39PendragoonPosted 4/7/2013 11:49:28 AM
greengoldmello posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
BC would be impossible for the PS4 anyways. Thats because each disc type would need its own lazer. Their would also have to be a detector lazer that detects the type of disc in the drive. This would make for a lot of moving parts in the drive and would increase the wait time before starting a game because the system would have to detect what type of disc it is, than it would swap out to the right lazer, than it would load. This is one of the major complaints about the Wii U, bad load times because of useless things like BC. Sony learned from Nintendos mistake.

This is not why they don't have bc on the ps4...

Ignore him, he is a minor troll here, but he is the biggest troll on the PS4 board. (ask him about the "DDR5" RAM in the PS4 and how Sony's official spec sheet listing GDDR5 is wrong)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709