Should nintendo take some pointers from Sony?

#1Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/7/2013 8:59:10 AM
When it comes to home consoles?

Sony is the undisputed king of home consoles.

Sony: Around 330 million home consoles sold since 1994. 3 consoles
Nintendo: Around 265 million sold since 1983. 6 consoles

Sony has shown that they know the keys to the home console market. It was nice to see Nintendo do well with the wii (especially after the awful sales of the gamecube) but with their wii u struggles are there any pointers they should take from Sony?

Maybe next Sony could take hand held tips (though the Vita appears as if it wont sell as poorly as the gamecube) from Nintendo.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif
#2squatch22Posted 4/7/2013 9:01:01 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Yeah, highly unreliable and costly?
Ill say, no. Nintendo should stay how they are.
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#3Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:03:13 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Ok any non fanboys want to post? Even the biggest Sony hater can admit they do certain things better than Nintendo, and vice versa.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
#4Darksilver4Posted 4/7/2013 9:10:51 AM
I say no, each company has their own way to handle making a game console. Nintendo does things different then Sony, I like the way both of them work out. Nintendo and Sony make fun games, and I say they should do what they do best, and just focus on making the games fun.
---
PSN: Darksilver4
NN ID: Darksilver4
#5DiscostewSMPosted 4/7/2013 9:14:26 AM
I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that all the Wii U needs is games. Nintendo is doing pretty good with their position right now, and it has been proven already by the 3DS that the games are what sell the system.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6ninsony12Posted 4/7/2013 9:23:17 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Ok any non fanboys want to post? Even the biggest Sony hater can admit they do certain things better than Nintendo, and vice versa.

Unless you objectively point out what sony does better, people will have a very hard time taking your biased sonypony propaganda seriously, friend.
---
Wii sports sold zero copies - demon dog
#7Maxx_the_SlashPosted 4/7/2013 9:26:26 AM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Sony has shown that they know the keys to the home console market. It was nice to see Nintendo do well with the wii (especially after the awful sales of the gamecube) but with their wii u struggles are there any pointers they should take from Sony?

Really? What are these keys? It's one thing to SAY that Sony "knows the keys to the home console market". It's a completely other thing what they are. Because all I see from your post is "Sony is better... because I say so."

How does Sony know the keys to making a great home console? Is it by making a weak online service that's susceptible to hacker attacks so they have to keep performing maintenance on the entire network once every couple of weeks to keep up, whereas Microsoft really only has to do such a thing themselves ONCE A YEAR?

You know the GameCube was graphically superior to the PS2 and that the PS2 only beat the GameCube and original Xbox because of 3rd party support, right? It had nothing to do with the console, it was the help of 3rd party studios.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#8BuretsuPosted 4/7/2013 9:26:19 AM
Nintendo should put a dedicated Share button on their controllers, remove backwards compatibility from their systems, and engage in a futile attempt to unseat the PC from the throne of power. Totally.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#9Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:47:44 AM
Really? What are these keys? It's one thing to SAY that Sony "knows the keys to the home console market". It's a completely other thing what they are. Because all I see from your post is "Sony is better... because I say so."

I don't necessarily know the keys because I am not Sony. Sony IS doing certain things better than nintendo right now. Nintendo might want to change that. I also never said anything about who was better so stop being so defensive. I was simply talking about the consoles performance.

How does Sony know the keys to making a great home console? Is it by making a weak online service that's susceptible to hacker attacks so they have to keep performing maintenance on the entire network once every couple of weeks whereas Microsoft really only has to do such a thing themselves ONCE A YEAR?

Pointing out their flaws does not change anything. Nintendo has it's own flaws. You must view the consoles as a whole.

You know the GameCube was graphically superior to the PS2 and that the PS2 only beat the GameCube and original Xbox because of 3rd party support, right? It had nothing to do with the console, it was the help of 3rd party studios.

So what your saying is that third party support is very important? Looks like that is one tip that Nintendo could take from Sony. 3rd parties seem to be avoiding the Wii U. Maybe Nintendo should treat them a little more like Sony has?
---
#10squatch22Posted 4/7/2013 9:50:06 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

I don't necessarily know the keys because I am not Sony. Sony IS doing certain things better than nintendo right now.

If u dont know the ''keys'', how can u say they exist?
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg