Should nintendo take some pointers from Sony?

#131Shinobi120Posted 4/7/2013 8:20:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#132Shinobi120Posted 4/7/2013 8:22:57 PM
The_King82 posted...
Yes definitely. Nint needs to learn from Sony so they can compete with the big boys. Won't happen though. Nint is becoming irrelevant with each passing day. Soon when MS makes their next Xbox announcement, game over Nint.

So you think that they should risk losing tons of billions like Microsoft did with the Xbox & the 360, & like Sony with the PS3 & risk going the way of Sega by trying to appeal to a small crowd of graphic whores?

Yeah, that's a brilliant idea...*sarcasm*

I'm glad that you don't run a business.
#133msunshinePosted 4/9/2013 7:21:22 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
The_King82 posted...
Yes definitely. Nint needs to learn from Sony so they can compete with the big boys. Won't happen though. Nint is becoming irrelevant with each passing day. Soon when MS makes their next Xbox announcement, game over Nint.

So you think that they should risk losing tons of billions like Microsoft did with the Xbox & the 360, & like Sony with the PS3 & risk going the way of Sega by trying to appeal to a small crowd of graphic whores?

You have to understand that there are a lot of people here that don't know their facts.
---
Current playthrough: 67 stars. Bundled games are NOT games sold!
#134PSOLavisPosted 4/9/2013 7:30:42 AM
Buretsu posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Looks like that is one tip that Nintendo could take from Sony. 3rd parties seem to be avoiding the Wii U. Maybe Nintendo should treat them a little more like Sony has?

And how exactly has Sony been treating them? Let me guess, you'll say you don't know that, either?

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/04/sony-indies/?cid=6974614
#135Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 7:45:21 AM
Buretsu posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Looks like that is one tip that Nintendo could take from Sony. 3rd parties seem to be avoiding the Wii U. Maybe Nintendo should treat them a little more like Sony has?

And how exactly has Sony been treating them? Let me guess, you'll say you don't know that, either?

Wow that was an informative read. Nintendo really does need to take some tips from Sony.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif
#136ninsony12Posted 4/9/2013 7:46:14 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Buretsu posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Wow that was an informative read. Nintendo really does need to take some tips from Sony.

No.
---
Wii sports sold zero copies - demon dog
#137jtr219Posted 4/9/2013 8:21:11 AM
I'll throw in my two cents. I'm glad that Nintendo has taken the route they have. I enjoy the increased functionality of their systems and find that they cater to very high quality first party titles and unique third party titles.

When the other two seem to just push for better graphics, I am glad that Nintendo has instead focused on innovative ways to play. The DS, 3DS, and yes, even the Wii, have all shown how great that innovation can be when game developers really tap into the potential of the system. I believe the Wii U holds similar potential and am looking forward to how future games will use the gamepad (starting with Deus Ex).

What many people forget is that this is what Nintendo has always done. They started as a toy company and have always had a knack for making interactivity a part of their games. The original Famicom allowed you to kill enemies in Zelda by blowing into the controller. They released NES with Rob the Robot. They released the zapper, the power pad and the power glove, they created an early handheld designed like a DS to exclusively play LOZ, and also crafted the unique N64 and GC controllers along with the rumble pak. The quirky peripherals and functionality of their systems is not something new.
---
NNID: jtr219
#138The_King82Posted 4/9/2013 9:09:09 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
The_King82 posted...

The only one with the risk of going down like Sega is Nint. Majority of people already compare the Wii u to the Dreamcast. Now that the casuals have abandoned the Wii u, it's only a matter of time before that happens. Since they've never appealed to the hardcore audience, it only spells out "doom" for Nint...*no sarcasm*
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#139icarus231Posted 4/9/2013 10:01:21 AM
jtr219 posted...
I'll throw in my two cents. I'm glad that Nintendo has taken the route they have. I enjoy the increased functionality of their systems and find that they cater to very high quality first party titles and unique third party titles.

When the other two seem to just push for better graphics, I am glad that Nintendo has instead focused on innovative ways to play. The DS, 3DS, and yes, even the Wii, have all shown how great that innovation can be when game developers really tap into the potential of the system. I believe the Wii U holds similar potential and am looking forward to how future games will use the gamepad (starting with Deus Ex).

What many people forget is that this is what Nintendo has always done. They started as a toy company and have always had a knack for making interactivity a part of their games. The original Famicom allowed you to kill enemies in Zelda by blowing into the controller. They released NES with Rob the Robot. They released the zapper, the power pad and the power glove, they created an early handheld designed like a DS to exclusively play LOZ, and also crafted the unique N64 and GC controllers along with the rumble pak. The quirky peripherals and functionality of their systems is not something new.

Well said
#140icarus231Posted 4/9/2013 10:05:10 AM
The_King82 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
The_King82 posted...

The only one with the risk of going down like Sega is Nint. Majority of people already compare the Wii u to the Dreamcast. Now that the casuals have abandoned the Wii u, it's only a matter of time before that happens. Since they've never appealed to the hardcore audience, it only spells out "doom" for Nint...*no sarcasm*

Majority of what people? Gamefaqs or other trolls on the net.Nintendo is the least likely to die this gen as they are unique and fun. Do i care if i can see a bead of sweat running down someones head before i put a bullet in it. No. Game play and innovation will always out do graphics and power.