Should nintendo take some pointers from Sony?

#161icarus231Posted 4/9/2013 3:18:18 PM
The_King82 posted...
icarus231 posted...
The_King82 posted...
icarus231 posted...
The_King82 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...

The only one with the risk of going down like Sega is Nint. Majority of people already compare the Wii u to the Dreamcast. Now that the casuals have abandoned the Wii u, it's only a matter of time before that happens. Since they've never appealed to the hardcore audience, it only spells out "doom" for Nint...*no sarcasm*

Majority of what people? Gamefaqs or other trolls on the net.Nintendo is the least likely to die this gen as they are unique and fun. Do i care if i can see a bead of sweat running down someones head before i put a bullet in it. No. Game play and innovation will always out do graphics and power.

Which Nint doesn't have. It's all lame gimmicks for them.

You can call it a gimmick all you want but people with the system see the usefulness of it. Sorry you are a blinded pony who hears 8gb of gddr5 and gets all excited about it while not knowing why you are getting excited. I will take a less powerful but more fun system anyday. All sony can do is try and copy and when that fails then the have to build another powerhouse and keep running the company deeper into the ground. The most amusing part is other then a few games and some specs, that are subject to change, no one really even knows that much about the system.

Only idiots are tricked by useless gimmicks. The only ones blinded are Nintendrones. Everyone else's eyes are wide open. Next gen is a race between Sony and MS.

You're welcome.

Oh i saw your sig , your an obvious pony. Not sure how enjoying playing games in a new innovative way is being tricked by a gimmick. I can see how ponys are tricked by better specs thinking that will somehow improve gameplay. If a game is crap it will only be a more expensive prettier version of crap on the ps4.
#162icarus231Posted 4/9/2013 3:20:36 PM
The_King82 posted...
squatch22 posted...
The_King82 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
The_King82 posted...
The only one with the risk of going down like Sega is Nint. Majority of people already compare the Wii U to the Dreamcast. Now that the casuals have abandoned the Wii U, it's only a matter of time before that happens. Since they've never appealed to the hardcore audience, it only spells out "doom" for Nint...*no sarcasm*

You gotta be kidding. Even if Wii U bombs hard, Nintendo has more than enough money to make another console, plus they always appealed to the hardcore.

If anything, it's either the next Xbox or PS4 going the way of the Dreamcast. It's Sony that's closer to disappearing from the gaming industry.

Learned that from Mr. Pachter I see.

Nope. Their financial statements..

Then you know that they will go software only soon.

will never happen but keep the dream alive
#163TheBonfiniPosted 4/9/2013 3:24:34 PM
Not sure why a more powerful console automatically means it is less fun than another.

It looks like Sony is going to have lots of the big developers releasing games on the system as well as indie developers as well. If you aren't excited to finally see PC calibre games on consoles you must not want to experience anything new. Or you are just indifferent since you already have a top tier gaming rig.

I only have lap tops so I'm pretty pumped of seeing what a suped up system can do.

Watch Dogs will be a good indicator as it'll be multiplatform but seems Ubisoft is giving attention to the Wii-U version to show some unique features. Then we will have a good gauge of what can bring the better experience to our living rooms. Welcome to hD gaming.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#164The_King82Posted 4/9/2013 3:26:49 PM
icarus231 posted...
The_King82 posted...
squatch22 posted...
The_King82 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...

Learned that from Mr. Pachter I see.

will never happen but keep the dream alive

Pony tricks are better than kiddie gimmicks. (For previous post in case you got lost.)

Don't need to dream because it'll soon be a reality.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#165icarus231Posted 4/9/2013 3:28:34 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Not sure why a more powerful console automatically means it is less fun than another.

It looks like Sony is going to have lots of the big developers releasing games on the system as well as indie developers as well. If you aren't excited to finally see PC calibre games on consoles you must not want to experience anything new. Or you are just indifferent since you already have a top tier gaming rig.

I only have lap tops so I'm pretty pumped of seeing what a suped up system can do.

Watch Dogs will be a good indicator as it'll be multiplatform but seems Ubisoft is giving attention to the Wii-U version to show some unique features. Then we will have a good gauge of what can bring the better experience to our living rooms. Welcome to hD gaming.

Not saying a more powerful system wont be fun just saying it doesnt mean it will either. It also brings nothing new to the table. Nothing unique or compelling. Everything that it can do a pc can do.
#166squatch22Posted 4/9/2013 3:43:44 PM
The_King82 posted...
squatch22 posted...

$11 billion in the bank, little to no debt. Yep. They are in trouble unlike Sony with their massive debt...
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#167F31LeopardPosted 4/9/2013 3:57:45 PM
icarus231 posted...
F31Leopard posted...
My only gripe with the Wii U is that your NNID is locked to your console. They should make it like the PS3. I got YLOD on my 60 gig. Bought a slim and was able to register my PSN account to my new console.

They are changing it. Although short of having an issue with your console it really isnt an issue and if you have an issue they can put it on the new one.

That's good to hear. I was planning on buying another Wii U for myself because the one I'm using I split the price with my younger brother when we bought it. I always have to go to his house to play MH3U. Also I hope Nintendo lets me transfer my saves over.
---
PSN:AE86CorollaLevin, NN ID:AE86CorollaLevin, XBL:AE86CorollaGTS
#168Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 4:03:02 PM
Maybe you should open your eyes to reality there were almost 100 mil wii owners out there. So you know a few casuals that have the system id be willing to guess that at tops is 10 people. I would concede that a large part of the fan base is families that consist of multiple demographics of gamers which is why nintendo outsold their competition last gen.

I don't really care if you agree with me or not. I think the majority of wii owners are casual gamers.

And before you start spouting off with anymore of your anti nintendo dribble, the ps3 and xbox sales numbers are inaccurate due to all the replacement units because of their low quality and high failure rate.

How would that make them inaccurate? A sale is a sale. I'm sure that wiis broke as well so by your logic they should be inaccurate too.

My point on kinects is based on your assumptions then a third of the xboxes sales where to casuals also. All systems have FPS, casual games and all the other genres

Ok. Still irrelevant to my post. Just had to see if you had a point.

Only difference is nintendo makes the games so enthralling that they actually sell

Yes that is the only difference between the PS3, 360, and wii
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif
#169mokmuudPosted 4/9/2013 4:16:06 PM
Nintendo will never go software only. Sony and Microsoft should take a lesson from Nintendo on how to keep a company out of the red.
---
PSN: Mokmuud Dragon's Dogma pawn: Kristen
#170msunshinePosted 4/11/2013 1:30:08 PM
mokmuud posted...
Nintendo will never go software only. Sony and Microsoft should take a lesson from Nintendo on how to keep a company out of the red.

Yep
---
Current playthrough: 67 stars. Bundled games are NOT games sold!