Can you not play Virtual Console game from the Wii on the Wii U?

#1levelmaster2Posted 4/7/2013 11:36:59 AM
Because all I get is: this channel is not be played on this system message/
---
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"
#2fhsfootball74Posted 4/7/2013 11:38:09 AM
You can play them if you enter into Wii mode which is on the Wii U main menu. You'll need a Wiimote and a classic controller.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
Blue Jackets, Bengals, Ohio State, Reds, and Columbus Crew Fan
#3levelmaster2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 11:41:23 AM
You can play them if you enter into Wii mode which is on the Wii U main menu. You'll need a Wiimote and a classic controller.

Already tried that and I get the same message. I can't even move it off my SD card. So I'm missing something here.
---
#4Soanevalcke6Posted 4/7/2013 11:44:45 AM
levelmaster2 posted...

Already tried that and I get the same message. I can't even move it off my SD card. So I'm missing something here.

Did you do the System Transfer from your Wii to your Wii U? you can't just put the games on the SD Card and play them on your system :P
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#5levelmaster2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 11:47:07 AM
Did you do the System Transfer from your Wii to your Wii U? you can't just put the games on the SD Card and play them on your system :P

Yes I did all that and went through the fancy Pikmin carry boxes that is supposed to be your data transferring over.
---
#6Darth GeckoPosted 4/7/2013 12:05:45 PM
I had to transfer twice because some of my games didn't make it on the first trip.

I recommend going to YouTube and watching a tutorial to make sure you did transfer correctly.
---
San Francisco Giants 2012 World Champions
http://darth-gecko.dvdaf.com/owned
#7levelmaster2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 12:08:02 PM
How do you transfer twice? I mean thought once all Wii downloadable games were transferred they couldn't be transferred back? All my games were transferred over. The only problem is getting them to play.
---
#8Mario maniacPosted 4/7/2013 12:08:08 PM
TC, did you download the games again after the transfer? It's stupid but you need to download them again and play them once before putting them back onto an SD card.
---
Yessss! Shake that thorax!
PSN: Zath84 Xbox Live: Wario waniac
#9Aaron44126Posted 4/7/2013 12:10:01 PM
If the game was on your SD card before the transfer, you must download it again from the Wii Shop Channel (no charge) before it will work.
#10Mario maniacPosted 4/7/2013 12:12:07 PM
levelmaster2 posted...
How do you transfer twice? I mean thought once all Wii downloadable games were transferred they couldn't be transferred back? All my games were transferred over. The only problem is getting them to play.

In my own case, I'd have to do the transfer twice. I bought some games that weren't available on the Australian Shop Channel through the UK one. When I did it Commodore 64 games stayed on the Wii because the country was set to Australia.

The whole transfer is annoying and I sorta regret doing it now. I still haven't bothered redownloading all the games I transferred.
---
Yessss! Shake that thorax!
PSN: Zath84 Xbox Live: Wario waniac