50 years from now, what do you think the game industry will be like?

#31Graywolf_d_45thPosted 4/7/2013 5:27:23 PM
Call of duty 60 announced. Millions overjoyed
#32DynheartPosted 4/7/2013 5:31:05 PM
Donomega posted...
Nintendo's console will be free, 10000+ games at launch and cures cancer as you play, but people will still hate it. It comes with a "thought control" helmet that everyone hates with a passion

Sony's console will cost people one of their kids to afford, only lasts 45 minutes before it breaks but people will LOVE it.

Sony also releases a handheld but takes it 14 1/2 months to get ONE game, but everyone is okay with that because, well its not Nintendo

Microsoft? Well thanks too WWIII & an alien invasion everyone on Earth is now confined to wheelchairs but Microsoft doesn't seem to care and releases Kinect.5 There is no such thing as the Internet anymore, but Xbox 2300 requires it.

3 years later both Sony and Microsoft release their versions of the "thought control" helmet...everyone LOVES it, its so innovating.

Heh. I wouldn't go that far. But that seems to be the thought process the last 5 years.

I think all three companies will be fully vested into VR. Of course they all will have their separate philosophies on how they target gamers. But they will be successful nonetheless.

Gamers will still be using sales to try and win an internet topic/make their favorite company look the best. The only difference will be that there will be "avatars" now. With VR in full swing by then, people will be internet avatar badasses. Oh, and you'll be able to hear their voices. I'm glad I'll be 80+ years old and not giving a ****. Or probably dead. Lol

That's 50+ years from now; the gaming scene.
---
Currently playing: Wario Land: Shake It! Mighty Switch Force
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash_wwRQFno
#3321_21Posted 4/7/2013 5:32:18 PM
Nintendo will still have horrible 3rd party support
People will treat WiiU the way we treat Virtual Boy today
People will nostalgia about Metroid: Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Skyward Sword
Final Fantasy XXV trailer will be shown
Final Fantasy XIII-13 will be released
Remake of Final Fantasy XVI
Kid Icarus 4
Sakurai becomes the CEO of Nintendo
Sony will claim they are still supporting PS 6 and will have no plans on releasing a new console
Half-Life 3 trailer

*readies flame shield and men*
---
Currently playing:
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#34DonomegaPosted 4/7/2013 5:50:03 PM
Dynheart posted...
Donomega posted...
Nintendo's console will be free, 10000+ games at launch and cures cancer as you play, but people will still hate it. It comes with a "thought control" helmet that everyone hates with a passion

Sony's console will cost people one of their kids to afford, only lasts 45 minutes before it breaks but people will LOVE it.

Sony also releases a handheld but takes it 14 1/2 months to get ONE game, but everyone is okay with that because, well its not Nintendo

Microsoft? Well thanks too WWIII & an alien invasion everyone on Earth is now confined to wheelchairs but Microsoft doesn't seem to care and releases Kinect.5 There is no such thing as the Internet anymore, but Xbox 2300 requires it.

3 years later both Sony and Microsoft release their versions of the "thought control" helmet...everyone LOVES it, its so innovating.

Heh. I wouldn't go that far. But that seems to be the thought process the last 5 years.

I think all three companies will be fully vested into VR. Of course they all will have their separate philosophies on how they target gamers. But they will be successful nonetheless.

Gamers will still be using sales to try and win an internet topic/make their favorite company look the best. The only difference will be that there will be "avatars" now. With VR in full swing by then, people will be internet avatar badasses. Oh, and you'll be able to hear their voices. I'm glad I'll be 80+ years old and not giving a ****. Or probably dead. Lol

That's 50+ years from now; the gaming scene.

I was laying on the sarcasm pretty thick lol

My first draft of it mentioned the new Sony console including anime wifes and Michael Pachter 4th predicting this was the last generation of consoles
---
PSN: RobbieDaCool | Wii U: RobDaCool | 3DS: 0903-4184-6816
#35SilentS89Posted 4/7/2013 6:06:07 PM
ITT: People push their agendas and say things solely to upset others.
#36DemonDog666Posted 4/7/2013 6:09:24 PM(edited)
At snes level while the world is recovering from some kind of apocalypse.
#37Mindwipe77Posted 4/7/2013 7:44:36 PM
50 years from now hopefully there will be virtual reality games, i dont see how much more graphics can improve in 50 years. I think nintendo will still be around in some shape or form for sure, i think physical games will be things of the past, all download
---
Now playing-DCUO, Bioshock Infinite
Waiting for-Lightning Returns,Injustice CE,PS4
#38TyrantLowKeyPosted 4/7/2013 8:21:01 PM
Hmm. Not sure but I sure hope I am dead by then.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#39SoeroahPosted 4/7/2013 8:54:29 PM
Ever seen Hyperdimension Neptunia?

At the rate the console wars are going, I expect it will be similar to that setting.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#40AllaudeenPosted 4/7/2013 10:55:25 PM
Graphic Contest with the same repetitive sh!t as today.
---
Win a Razer keyboard: Reg here
http://www.razerzone.com/hots?rid=4539e6882f66944399fad35bac84849c