Persona 5 is destined to be a Nintendo exclusive

#21UponADarkThornePosted 4/7/2013 4:34:59 PM

What this shows is a company that is smart enough to keep its IPs spread over multiple platforms, not confine itself to one company's hardware like the fanboys would like. It also means we have no idea what systems Persona 5 will be one, hopefully its multiplat.

This, pretty much, although the franchise as a whole seems to favor Nintendo, though there are more localized titles for Sony systems. 'course, I think this is more due to having cult hits with SMTIII and P3 than anything else.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#22DeathSnipe777Posted 4/7/2013 4:39:42 PM
I don't care which system it's on, as long as it isn't Xbox exclusive (which it never will be in a million billion years) because I usually buy all of Nintendo's and Sony's gaming systems. I already have a WiiU, 3DS, PS3 and Vita. Just need a PS4.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#23mercurythewhitePosted 4/7/2013 4:51:49 PM
This is the most delusional topic I've seen on here.

Developers want their games to sell; a nintendo exclusive would be suicide.
---
White Light, White Heat.
#24SharkbiteR6Posted 4/7/2013 5:17:25 PM
Atlus pretty much just goes for where the user base is. 3FES and 4 all came out after the "next gen" at the time had already started. Why didn't they come out for the PS3 instead of the PS2? Because there were over 100 million PS2s out there, not so much for the PS3. Why did they start making games for the DS? Because there were over 100 million DS's out there by the time as well (or at least tens of millions). Now they are putting out games for the 3DS. Why? Because its doing very well now, also achieving tens of millions of sales. So for Persona 5, they will more than likely follow the same company strategy. Why make it a Wii U exclusive (and hit a few million if you're lucky) when there are 75 million(ish) PS3s out there?

Multiplat maybe, but exclusive? Just look at the series history and it should be obvious...
---
Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite, Persona 4: Arena, Xenoblade Chronicles, Brigandine
#25Mandrew257Posted 4/7/2013 5:31:11 PM
I doubt it. If anything well get Shin Megami Tensei 5.
#26AkaneJonesPosted 4/7/2013 6:45:47 PM
Assuming that Atlus goes through with Persona 5 being a console game, and does not have another Shin Megami Tensei game in the works for consoles, it's safe to assume that Persona 5 will be on WiiU. However there is no proof that the next Persona game would become an exclusive unless Nintendo sees a point to snagging it like they have done to Monster Hunter & Dragon Quest. Although SMT has had rising popularity it is still smaller than some bigger names, the only advantage it has over say Tales of is Atlus isn't in bed with Sony over any of it's games. So Atlus isn't going to turn around and make a superior version on Sony platforms after so called exclusivity deals, and back out on follow ups.

It is however possible that Atlus choose to keep the series sets split between platforms. Kind of like the way SE is looking with it's use of Final Fantasy vs Dragon Quest these days. However what I must remind people is Persona is and Megami Ibunroku game, but so is Devil Survivor over on DS/3DS. So technically Nintendo already has two games in the same series group. That means Devil Survivor is really a "Persona Tactics" title. If Atlus had wanted to keep the series universes separated between platforms they wouldn't have set Devil Survivor in the same universe or put the games on DS.
#27itsmeaustinPosted 4/7/2013 6:54:09 PM(edited)
Heres the likeliness meter with Persona 5

Multiplat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3DS exclusive = PS3 exclusive >>> Vita Exclusive >>> Wii U exclusive >>>>> Next Gen console

P5 WILL be multiplat for PS3, Wii U, and 360. You can screencap my post if you want, I know this.

Edit: Also, P5 started development in late 2010/ early 2011. Atlus wouldn't start on Wii U games then.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
#28SlimeSwayzePosted 4/7/2013 8:56:58 PM
How many SMT games have been on Nintendo consoles (not handhelds)?
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#29Shinobi120Posted 4/7/2013 9:22:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30Shinobi120Posted 4/7/2013 9:25:01 PM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
I don't care which system it's on, as long as it isn't Xbox exclusive (which it never will be in a million billion years) because I usually buy all of Nintendo's and Sony's gaming systems. I already have a WiiU, 3DS, PS3 and Vita. Just need a PS4.

Exactly the reason why I mostly go for Nintendo's platforms, Sega's platforms, & Sony's platforms, because of their exclusives & because that I'm guaranteed good Japanese 3rd party support.

itsmeaustin posted...
Heres the likeliness meter with Persona 5

Multiplat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3DS exclusive = PS3 exclusive >>> Vita Exclusive >>> Wii U exclusive >>>>> Next Gen console

P5 WILL be multiplat for PS3, Wii U, and 360. You can screencap my post if you want, I know this.

Edit: Also, P5 started development in late 2010/ early 2011. Atlus wouldn't start on Wii U games then.

LOL, fat chance that such games like Persona 5 will ever come to Xbox 360 or even the next Xbox, especially when the Xbox brand itself isn't very popular in Japan in the first place.