Yay or Nay? 2 in 1 Remake of Fire Emblem: The Holy War and Thracia 776

#1DTY3Posted 4/7/2013 12:59:19 PM
Fire Emblem 4 and 5 remade and localized for Wii U? - Results (96 votes)
Yay!
84.38% (81 votes)
Nay...
15.63% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
First let me preface this for the not-so educated people:

THIS DOES NOT MEAN NEW AND ORIGINAL FIRE EMBLEMS CAN'T BE MADE. INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS WILL STILL MAKE NEW FIRE EMBLEM GAMES

There, now that that's out of the way.
A remake that combines Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 into one big story with gameplay tweaks, fleshed out character dialogue and supports, varying difficulty modes (and yes, Casual mode if that's your thing), Online Capabilities, Voice Acting, and any other changes that will improve and modernize the game.

All in English for the first time.

I would love this.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#2GloryChaosPosted 4/7/2013 1:02:27 PM
I was going to find the most positive reaction image I could to post in this topic. But I'll give a simple yay.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#3Bigmac909Posted 4/7/2013 1:07:23 PM
As long as it isn't like Sacred Stones/Awakening with infinite levels/items/money to completely destroy the gameplay.
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#4DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 1:11:41 PM
Levels still cap at 30 and you still promote at 20.

The problem I have myself with this idea is where exactly to stick Thracia 776 into the story....before Chapter 6 of Holy War? Before Chapter 7? Right before Leif joins?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
#5SegavsCapcomPosted 4/7/2013 1:25:00 PM
Yay. Though there would be some major changes.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#6DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 1:25:30 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...

I agree, but care to discuss your ideas?
---
#7SegavsCapcomPosted 4/7/2013 1:36:12 PM
DTY3 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

First off, the Pursuit skill needs to be eliminated. I prefer the speed mechanic to the mechanic Genealogy offers. Also, some characters need to be more balanced. Some like Sigurd are completely broken whereas some like Alec are completely useless. The game could also benefit from more modern FE mechanics like a support system and skill management.

As for Thracia, I haven't played it, so I have no suggestions.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#8Hawke0Posted 4/7/2013 1:36:47 PM
Advance Wars>>>>Fire Emblem
---
"Saying Metroid Other M is better than the Prime Trilogy because you hate shooters is like saying Aliens:CM is better than FF7 because you hate RPGs.
#9DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 1:38:06 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Advance Wars>>>>Fire Emblem

So you have nothing to contribute. Okay.
---
#10DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 1:42:55 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
DTY3 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

First off, the Pursuit skill needs to be eliminated. I prefer the speed mechanic to the mechanic Genealogy offers. Also, some characters need to be more balanced. Some like Sigurd are completely broken whereas some like Alec are completely useless. The game could also benefit from more modern FE mechanics like a support system and skill management.

As for Thracia, I haven't played it, so I have no suggestions.

Pursuit? Yes I agree. Though Thracia 776 already beat you to that one, so I'd assume the remake would also remove it (along with Critical)

Sigurd being powerful IMO is okay. He is the Lord of the game. He shouldnt be a little b****.
And Alec? Who? I ended up getting all of the Prologue characters except Quan and Ethlyn killed off.
I revived Lex though.
---