"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#32Xenesis XenonPosted 4/7/2013 10:12:44 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...
Hawke0 posted...
Advance Wars>>>>Fire Emblem

Said no one ever.

Hi.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#33DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 10:50:00 AM
mmc2679 posted...
Umm...why are we talking about something that won't be happening...EVER???

1. Grab a dictionary
2. Look up 'hypothetical'

And who's to say it wont happen? We got Shadow Dragon.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#34Soanevalcke6Posted 4/8/2013 11:18:35 AM
Thracia is about small battles in taking a country back and Geneology is about a Large war across the continent. They are too different in my opinion and I think changing either to match the style of the other (To make it work in-game) would detract from the experience.

I think if a Fire Emblem gets remade it should just stand by itself, and not try to combine itself with another game.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#35mmc2679Posted 4/8/2013 1:30:47 PM(edited)
DTY3 posted...
mmc2679 posted...

1. Grab a dictionary

Nah man. I'd like to live in the "real" world where being skeptic keeps me sane from dreaming up about "rainbows and ponies". :P

As to comment on Shadow Dragon...it's voted to be one of the worst FE games of all times on the DS. Hell, it's even worse than Sacred Stones.

But hey...if it does happen...u won't be only one to "wet" him/herself. :D
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Wii U ID: Crimson
#36SuichimoPosted 4/8/2013 3:32:19 PM
I was under the impression that Thracia took place between the two halves of FE4, so it shouldn't be too hard to place into the game.

Ccroybb posted...
I'd rather have a FE6/7 remake.

I've thought about it myself, especially if they were to flesh it out a bit. Give us a small prologue chapter where we get to be completely badass, hell maybe even have Hartmut dual-wield the Exaccus and the Sword of Seals. Set it at the end of The Scouring and put us in control of the eight heroes after the Sword of Seals has been forged and put you up against a crap ton of dragons.

Then we get into FE7. There isn't much needing to be changed here, to be completely honest. The biggest thing I can think of is give us a definitive answer to who Roy and Lilina's mothers are. Also, IIRC, there is slight disparities between the timelines of FE6 and FE7 that could use fixing.

Between the two titles, I'd like a bit of exposition on Zephiel's transformation into the bastard he is in FE6. It doesn't have to be a playable chapter or anything, just flesh that out.

In FE6, one good sized story piece needs to be retconned in. Lyn. For those that don't know, Lyn doesn't exist in FE6 as we know it. She is a creation of FE7. From there, I would appreciate a small gameplay change in the victory goals, probably the most widespread problem people have is that the only victory goal is defeat the enemy commander and capture the throne. It'd be nice to get some different scenarios.

Mechanically, the big addition should be skills. Give the Lords a unique skill of their own. This would also fix the FE6 Swordmasters/Berserkers, assuming the Crit bonuses are handed out as skills.

Move promotion times up. Roy, at the very least, promotes way too late. Along with this, give the Divine Weapons and the Sword of Seals infinite usage. Also, can we have Roy's completely boss art from FEA? Also, Lunatic Mode please.

Definitely some other changes that could be made, but that would definitely be a good start.
---
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
#37DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 3:45:44 PM
mmc2679 posted...
DTY3 posted...
mmc2679 posted...

1. Grab a dictionary

Nah man. I'd like to live in the "real" world where being skeptic keeps me sane from dreaming up about "rainbows and ponies". :P

As to comment on Shadow Dragon...it's voted to be one of the worst FE games of all times on the DS. Hell, it's even worse than Sacred Stones.

But hey...if it does happen...u won't be only one to "wet" him/herself. :D

I dont get that. Shadow Dragon is nowhere near "bad". It's a remake of the first game (an NES game!). Of course it's gonna be a little barebones.
I think it's just the fact that Americans started with FE7. Theyre used to all that newfangled stuff.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
#38Xenesis XenonPosted 4/8/2013 3:53:42 PM
DTY3 posted...
I dont get that. Shadow Dragon is nowhere near "bad". It's a remake of the first game (an NES game!). Of course it's gonna be a little barebones.
I think it's just the fact that Americans started with FE7. Theyre used to all that newfangled stuff.

It is pretty bad - the map designs and unit variety were barely updated from the original 20 years ago (which means ignoring everything IS learned since then coupled with the fact that the original FE is a pretty bad game) and the side-chapters have asinine counter-productive requirements. Then they slapped a not-very-well thought out re-classing system onto the thing.

It's a dog's breakfast, basically. At least Sacred Stones is a coherent game.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#39DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 6:00:30 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
DTY3 posted...

It is pretty bad - the map designs and unit variety were barely updated from the original 20 years ago (which means ignoring everything IS learned since then coupled with the fact that the original FE is a pretty bad game) and the side-chapters have asinine counter-productive requirements. Then they slapped a not-very-well thought out re-classing system onto the thing.

It's a dog's breakfast, basically. At least Sacred Stones is a coherent game.

Oh okay so people hated it cause it was a remake of the NES game. Gotcha.
---
#40Xenesis XenonPosted 4/8/2013 6:09:27 PM(edited)
DTY3 posted...
Oh okay so people hated it cause it was a remake of the NES game. Gotcha.

More it was a lazily designed remake (even though the production values are good, if a little bland) - for a good contrast see Metroid Zero Mission. Just about everyone raves about that, compared to the original. Or Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver. Remakes of old games with improved mechanics and a lot of enjoyable new content.

It didn't do anything to really justify its existence in comparison. You can get the same experience by playing the original Fire Emblem NES game, for the most part.
---