Nintendo out of touch with why system failing

#1Sailor GoonPosted 4/7/2013 4:12:39 PM
http://kotaku.com/super-marios-creator-says-wii-u-skepticism-mirrors-the-471087092

He actually thinks sales are low because people are just skeptical about the hardware? Hey Nintendo....the hardware is fine. Its the complete lack of games available and coming that's the reason the system is selling like crap. People aren't going to give a system that has no games for it a chance.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#2jokingpeoPosted 4/7/2013 4:17:15 PM
The decision making at Nintendo is horrendous.
#3shotgunheadshotPosted 4/7/2013 4:21:32 PM
Every system has a slow start with no games. The PS4 and 720 will have no games either. I think the wiiU has some good titles. Batman, mass effect,assassins creed and blackops 2. Those are triple A games by the media standpoint. You never see those games launch for those other systems.
#4PointmanPosted 4/7/2013 4:23:08 PM
No, the hardware is not fine.

It is not at all future proofed.
#5STE573Posted 4/7/2013 4:29:36 PM
I cannot believe he said that.

He's essentially saying-
"It's not the lack of games, the lack of marketing and advertising or the fact that it is expensive for what it is. It's that people just don't understand the hardware the way we do."

It must have been a very slow news day for this to be considered news like, I mean I have theories as to why the Wii U is underperforming if they want to make an article out of that as well?
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#6darkstar4221Posted 4/7/2013 4:41:05 PM(edited)
All sales for video games consoles have been down mainly because of the economic crisis. People in the US and in Japan simply cannot cough $300 like they used too, that's why PS Vita sales are so poor because it's so goddamn expensive. The Wii U being priced at $300 isn't so much of the issue, although the console itself is overpriced. It's the $60 retail video games that is the problem. Many of the Wii U games are overpriced, you buy two video games that's $120 that is a huge ripoff. Of course the majority of consumers are always going to look for sales and bargains, but if MSRP price for vg was lowered to $40, consumers can find sales and bargains for $30-25, and sales would be much better.

Also the handheld games are overpriced too they should lower the retail price to $27. Until the economy recovers (which won't happen in a long time) sales for video games will continue to be low every month. The Wii U being the most expensive console as of now, as well as the Vita being the most expensive handheld, yeah don't expect high sales.
#7SoaringDivePosted 4/7/2013 4:34:59 PM
shotgunheadshot posted...
Every system has a slow start with no games. The PS4 and 720 will have no games either. I think the wiiU has some good titles. Batman, mass effect,assassins creed and blackops 2. Those are triple A games by the media standpoint. You never see those games launch for those other systems.

What are you talking about? If a console doesn't have games immediately and it flops, it's bound to be dropped within the first year. Case in point: PS3.

(in case somehow somebody doesn't get it: it's sarcasm. You really don't know on this site)
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#8darkstar4221Posted 4/7/2013 4:37:18 PM(edited)
It's common sense you have an economic crisis (ie high inflation, low job opportunities) and the console manufactures and publishers refuse to lower prices for some reason, no one is going to buy video games that much.
#9STN79Posted 4/7/2013 4:36:48 PM
You're out of touch. I'm out of time. But i'm outta my head when you're not around.
#10STE573Posted 4/7/2013 4:40:10 PM
SoaringDive posted...
shotgunheadshot posted...

What are you talking about? If a console doesn't have games immediately and it flops, it's bound to be dropped within the first year. Case in point: PS3.

(in case somehow somebody doesn't get it: it's sarcasm. You really don't know on this site)

Whilst you make a valid point, the PS3 had strong third party support, even if the versions were inferior to the 360 versions, the support was always there and always going to continue.

The Wii U is a long way off being able to provide evidence that it will offer the same support. I think it's fair to say that we can't draw comparison to the PS3.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)