What if my Wii U GamePad breaks down?

#1SolnotPosted 4/7/2013 8:19:42 PM
How do I buy a new one? How much would it cost? Where can I buy one? Thanks!
#2Wiiplayer111Posted 4/7/2013 8:20:23 PM
As of now only Japan can buy Gamepads. But if you need yours fixed you send it into Nintendo.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#3jillwarrenPosted 4/7/2013 9:27:11 PM
You contact Nintendo and if the fault is not yours they will replace it for free; if the fault is yours then there will be a fee to get a new one.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#4Sailor GoonPosted 4/7/2013 9:30:36 PM
It's about the stupidest business decision not to enable consumers to buy another controller. And please dont give the excuse "but there currently arent any two player games that warrants it." That's not an excuse, that's utter BS. A company should offer the option of purchasing another controller for the very reason of if someone happens to break theirs. Having to call into their customer support just to get a new controller is an asinine move.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#5Wiiplayer111Posted 4/7/2013 9:35:44 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
It's about the stupidest business decision not to enable consumers to buy another controller. And please dont give the excuse "but there currently arent any two player games that warrants it." That's not an excuse, that's utter BS. A company should offer the option of purchasing another controller for the very reason of if someone happens to break theirs. Having to call into their customer support just to get a new controller is an asinine move.

If someone breaks theirs they can go purchase another one. It just has to be through Nintendo.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#6FuNsH1nEPosted 4/7/2013 9:36:21 PM
Sailor Goon posted...

Not exactly. What retailers would want to shelf these items to never have them purchased due to all games only supporting 1 gamepad? It would be a very poor business decision on Nintendo's end and the retailer's end to offer such a thing
#7AstralFrostPosted 4/7/2013 9:58:39 PM
Because you know its going to break, that's the other thing. Great future proofing there Nintendo. Next gen gaming console sold in 2013 with no option to buy extra controllers is simply hysterical.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself