Anyone else believe the PS2, Dreamcast, GC, Xbox were the last great systems?

#1DaLastBossPosted 4/7/2013 10:03:48 PM
Maybe I'm just too old now but nowadays I don't find myself playing video games anymore (at least the new ones)
But I still play my Gamecube for Melee and PS2 for San Andreas

Anyone else?
#2AceMosPosted 4/7/2013 10:04:34 PM
i loved the wii

and DS and 3DS are great
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#3SlimeSwayzePosted 4/7/2013 10:05:37 PM
Not me.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#4Wiiplayer111Posted 4/7/2013 10:06:34 PM
It was definitely a better time where you weren't squeezed for every cent you got and games actually came completed.

But to say there havn't been good games recently would be a lie.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#5SlimeSwayzePosted 4/7/2013 10:08:55 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
It was definitely a better time where you weren't squeezed for every cent you got and games actually came completed..

I hear what you're saying, but I also pay less for games now than ever before. It's become very easy to find cheap copies of games, brand new, not long after release.

Agreed.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#6emagdnEPosted 4/7/2013 10:32:57 PM
no

PS2 sure as hell wasn't great, all quantity no quality

and Xbox, we called it the "Halo Adapter" back then for a reason

but Gamecube? definitely
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#7ADHDguitarPosted 4/7/2013 10:34:03 PM
Pffff no.

The 360 is great, Microsoft just went and ruined it.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#8kingbadjoPosted 4/7/2013 10:38:34 PM(edited)
no. I think wii/ps3/360/ds/psp was great. people just love being nostalgic about their childhoods.

However... I think this new generation is guna suck though....
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#9GamerguymassPosted 4/7/2013 10:37:32 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
It was definitely a better time where you weren't squeezed for every cent you got and games actually came completed.

This.

This is pretty much the exact same reason why I rarely buy games at full price. I either wait for it to go down to 20 bucks, preferably with all DLC included, or I just don't bother at all and pick it up years later used when its under 20 bucks. I really hope Nintendo never starts doing this BS, it would seriously piss me off.

Sadly the only way to stop corporate greed and the nickel and dime the customers business model will most likely be rather violent. That or unless a majority of people stop buying all DLC. Unfortunately most people are stupid and love wasting their money.
#10Lelouch71Posted 4/7/2013 11:04:54 PM
The Xbox sucked IMO. There were virtually no games that appeal to me. The Gamecube was decent and it had a few titles that I enjoyed. It made a good secondary system. The DC had potential before it died early. The PS2 was most certainly great.

That aside the 3DS is becoming a great system. I did enjoy the DS and PSP too. But I'm already liking the 3DS more as the games keep coming. The PS3 and 360 were good but not great. The 360 was a step up from the Xbox. The PS3 was a step down from the PS1 and PS2 but good in its own right. The Wii was decent. It also made a good secondary system.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"